[ 4 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: David and Absalom Parts 1 & 2
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:06 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
Santa Fe-

Cash: 1,457.11
What are your thoughts on the first part of the new two parter? I really enjoyed it. I've read the story a few times, and remember hearing about it at church a few times, but it's not that popular of a story and it's great Odyssey is doing it. The Tamara part was handle nicely I suppose.... I wondered how that'd work. It's interesting to have siblings in the IS, not sure if that's happened before? IDK. The only thing that was awful was Olivia's crushing, which felt very unrealistic and immature and plain... fake. The premise of the episode was interesting, although it felt very rushed how the kids just stated their problem and Whit just "boom"ed them into the IS. But I guess they needed time for the adventure. ALSO THE MUSIC THOUGH. They changed the theme and I was pretty upset, but I'm assuming it's just a special theme for the episodes. The music sounded very dramatic and movie-esque and interesting, and I see it's because there's a new composer for these episodes. That's why it sounded so different.

So this was a random ramble, but what were your thoughts?

#NEWSIESFOREVER

Last edited by Isaiah the Ox on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: David and Absalom Parts 1 & 2
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:25 am 
I guess I'll stick around
Fangirling

Cash: 299.14
Bank: 150.00
Blog: View Blog (2)
Well first off:
When they started their adventure, there wasn't a "Whoaaaaa" which really annoyed me.

Pretty much everything you said I agree with...

I wonder why Olivia is the one involved with all the crush stuff; first Sir Buddy's Snowy Day, now this.

Anywho, that's pretty much it. Guess we have to wait till Wednesday for part 2.

Signature-Old Brad

Offline Profile  

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:07 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
Santa Fe-

Cash: 1,457.11
I like part 1 a lot better. The second part is good, but the action is just kind of... Lame, and there were too many confusing names and places. Sure, it's nice it's Biblical and reading off all the information given there, but it's still kinda... Confusing. =p Also, the previously on segment want particularly useful, although the only reason i state this is that I forgot the exact ending of part 1 and didn't really get any help from the recap. The scene with Olivia and David about his past was really good, and i liked Chris's wrap up too. I found the beginning of part 2, especially Olivia's sudden change, kinda confusing. Especially since it had never been said before Absalom wanted to be a Judge. I feel like their were a lot of things that were cut. Two lines made by Matthew bothered me... "Look at that" at the well and "My hands are tied, literally" during the battle that bothered me. The delivery didn't feel natural, and perhaps it's just because Matthew's voice goes up at those points which didn't seem normal. I was never on the Zach fanbus, so i don't really mind the second Matthew, but those lines bugged me. =p His "Prince Hair" jab was nice though.

The story itself has so many other interesting lessons in it other than "heroes" that it is a bit of lame of a moral to choose to emphasise in the episode. However, maybe using "heroes" as only a tacked on thing gave the story more time to teach the lessons itself without pointing then exactly out. Lessons and questions on parental discipline and duties, the result of sins, how to handle disagreements and theological issues, law versus grace and when to draw the line, all came to mind during this two parter, and i think AIO did a great job bringing them out of the Biblical story even if they didn't flesh out the questions.

Also, relistening to part 1, i absolutely love the music. The new theme is different, but actually really good; interesting and catchy. Even the first time i was listening to it, i wanted to right away learn it on the piano.

#NEWSIESFOREVER

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:24 pm 
I don’t know what I’m doing!

Cash: 17.39
Bank: 20.00
I thought it was really good compared to some of the other episodes recently.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:
. The premise of the episode was interesting, although it felt very rushed how the kids just stated their problem and Whit just "boom"ed them into the IS.
I totally agree.

Offline Profile E-mail  

[ 4 posts ]