NHL All Star Game 2018 Live Chat

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

NHL All Star Game 2018 Live Chat

Post by bookworm »

Image The NHL All Star Game is today at 3:30 PM ET on NBC. If anyone else is watching it please come by the Chatroom and join #NHL \:D/ It's tournament style again which was fun to watch last year.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sorry bookworm, I had a church event today that prevented me from being able to watch. :( I had a lot of fun watching the skills competition Saturday night, and plan to catch some highlights from the game today. I already saw a gif of Brad Marchand pretending to be hurt, so that's a good start to the fun. :lol:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:I already saw a gif of Brad Marchand pretending to be hurt, so that's a good start to the fun. :lol:
Yeah, the commentators had fun with that. :p

It was a really enjoyable event! Great intensity for a exhibition. Lots of scoring, and some really athletic plays. 3 on 3 hockey is so exciting!

The skills competition is neat to watch too, but I don't get that on tv so I find videos online later in the week.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Did you watch any of the coverage about Brian Boyle? CBC had a wonderful interview with him, though other channels hopefully also talked to or about him and his battle with cancer and family stuff going on.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I don't recall hearing about that, but I only watched the game proper. If they did anything about something like that it would likely have been during an intermission when I was away from the tv.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Probably. It may also have come up during player introductions because he got a really nice big cheer from the fans.

I'm hoping to get to watch the entire thing next year, since it's more fun that way, especially with another hockey fan to chat with here on the ToO!. :D