Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

You're well on your way to being a star in the shabby chic/reduce, reuse, recycle furniture makers club! ;) Whatever works!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

it was 5 degrees last night and I don't think I'm prepared for winter just yet :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Winter has officially arrived for some of us, complete with plenty of snow!

I went home early from work today because I was feeling so unwell. I get colds sometimes, but today I had chills and felt light-headed a bit, until (fortunately) close to the end of the day where I felt so shaky and couldn't stop shaking and was really light-headed to the point of seeing spots and having a coworker tell me I was totally white. It made me thankful to usually be healthy, and really thankful for a wonderful coworker who covered for me so I could go home (as soon as I felt safe to drive) and have a two-hour nap. I still don't feel great, but I feel way better than I did earlier!
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Exciting things are happening here! For starters we've almost finished getting everything moved in to the apartment. My desk that I mentioned earlier is now moved in however it is currently sitting upside down and only has one leg on it. I made it a bit too big to fit through the doorways at the apartment. It will let me add some more sturdiness to the legs though so it's not all bad.

Finally, after a year of working at the tire shop I will be able to start looking for a different job. The past couple of months I was able to take the exams for the CompTIA A+ certification which is basically computer troubleshooting. With that under my belt I'll be able to get a job as a computer technician!
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, you have been busy, Brad! :D I hope you find the right new job!

I got to spend a few hours this afternoon with my little niece, so that was fun! She's so busy, and it's fun to read and play with her. <3
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

It was -1 degrees this morning. Now it is six degrees.
BUT NO SNOW!!!! :x

Happy New Year by the way :D
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Happy New Year indeed. :D

I spent some time sorting and organizing today, then spent a few hours visiting a friend (with our conversation interrupted regularly by her two adorable little girls) and then did some grocery shopping, where I managed to find more things than I had on my list. It's amazing how that happens. ;)
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Life... Where do I start. :mrgreen:

A year and a half ago, I flipped my convertible on the interstate and walked away with little more than a scratch (just Google "Lexington Man Flips Convertible").

More recently, my latest vehicle (a small 250cc motorbike, because I can't afford to insure a car; see above :mrgreen: ) conked out on me so I've been barely making enough to survive what with the cost of Ubering to work and back every day, the business I work for is shutting down, and my landlord is selling the house I'm renting. But oddly enough, I'm in good spirits, and I'm just glad I'm not dead (which is a feat in and of itself, believe me :mrgreen: ).
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Dang, glad to hear that you're ok! Will definitely be praying for your future, sounds like it'll be crazy.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm glad that you're okay with all that stuff going on in your life! I guess an accident of that magnitude changes your attitude about some things. I hope things turn around for you in those other areas soon. :)
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

~JCGJ~ wrote:More recently, my latest vehicle (a small 250cc motorbike, because I can't afford to insure a car; see above :mrgreen: )
I can only imagine. :( I got into a (relatively minor) accident a few months ago, and my rates doubled. And our 20-something male demographic isn't very conducive to good auto insurance rates to begin with.
~JCGJ~ wrote:But oddly enough, I'm in good spirits, and I'm just glad I'm not dead (which is a feat in and of itself, believe me :mrgreen: ).
That's definitely the most important thing.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I’m going on vacation soon and yesterday I obtained my second nursing certification - specialty certifications that basically say I have special knowledge. It makes my professional name longer essentially lol. My mom told me I was the smartest in the family. After a 165 question test, I passed to become a Blood and Marrow Transplant Certified Nurse ☺️
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Way to go, Danielle! That sounds pretty impressive to me. :D It sounds like you've more than earned your vacation!
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Great to hear, Danielle! Now I know how to call if I suddenly need some blood. ;)

I just moved from Michigan to Tennessee, which is pretty exciting. Lots of new adventures!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

New adventures sound good, Nate! I hope you're enjoying your new home. :D

I had a nice Sunday. I went to church, spent time with my family, and then got together with some old friends for coffee in the evening. Now to get ready for work tomorrow morning... ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I decided to wear pants to work today. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Good call, Top! Me too. I saw somebody wearing shorts the other day. He was outside pumping his own gas at a self serve spot at a gas station that provides full service for the same price. It was about -30C. I am not that kind of person. ;)

I had an evening meeting to attend after work, which makes for a long day, but at least I appreciate being home more afterwards! \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I have a friend who always wears a kilt. I'm kind of jealous but I'm not distantly Scottish like he is, so I don't want to appropriate a culture. :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, he must stand out in a crowd! That's fun!

I spent the evening at a church prayer meeting, and it was wonderful. What a great way to spend an evening! :yes:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

But what about spending an evening at a church prayer meeting while wearing a kilt?! Win-win! \:D/