Star Wars Rebels

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Star Wars Rebels

Post by bookworm »

So apparently the reason Disney cancelled Clone Wars was so they could make a new animated series. Star Wars Rebels premiers next month.
Set 14 years after Revenge of the Sith and 5 years before A New Hope, Rebels takes place during an era when the Galactic Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights while a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking form.
I had expected one or more of the Clone Wars fans around here to post about this by now, is anyone looking forward to it?
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

I am excited for it!

I just finished the audiobook for Star Wars A New Dawn, which tells the story of how Kanan and Hera first met. Basically it tells Kanan's backstory, that he is actually a Jedi apprentice who survived order 66 and is in hiding.

They've also released the first seven minutes of the series premier as well as several shorts to introduce the characters

http://youtu.be/jZn_TrwbPN8
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I still haven’t gotten around to the Clone Wars so I won’t be watching this at the moment, but I plan to eventually.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Star Wars Rebels is coming to an end this Monday. :( I'll be desperately waiting to hear what Dave Filoni is doing next.

Massive Spoilers from the previous episode.
\:D/ AHSOKA LIVES. \:D/
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

There are a bunch of little weirdos in the Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes mobile game that I assume are from Clone Wars and Rebels, I should probably watch those so I know what's going on.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm hoping that it hits Netflix or something else I have access to soon, because I really want to watch, but I don't want to watch badly enough to buy DVDs. ;) Maybe now that it's ending (which I was not aware of - thanks KF) it will end up on Netflix.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:I really want to watch, but I don't want to watch badly enough to buy DVDs.
Check your library! Mine has it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Definitely will eventually.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I really want to watch, but I don't want to watch badly enough to buy DVDs.
Check your library! Mine has it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Definitely will eventually.
That was a great idea....until I checked right away and saw that they do not have it. :( But maybe they'll get it!