Hello from an old-timer!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Hello from an old-timer!

Post by LizzieG »

Hi ToOers! Long time no see! \:D/ (I've missed that smilie!)

I was an active ToOer from about 2006-2010, and mayor the summer of 2009 (with Taq, our team name being iTaliq). The ToO was wonderful in getting me back into AIO, and in being a great, supportive community through my college years, but then, life happened. My sister (Shennifer) became active on the board after I left, but I don't think she's around anymore either.

So! Wanted to pop in, say "hi," and give a little life update. I've been out of college for several years now, but have been thinking of going to grad school, or at the least pursuing the two interests I haven't pursued much lately: creative writing and audio production. I live in wonderful, mountainous Colorado, and I have an adorable black cat I've named Toothless (he does have teeth; he looks like the dragon of the same name from How to Train Your Dragon, hence the name). Here he is:
Toothless the Cat
Toothless the Cat
I have also taken up knitting and kickboxing. Actually, I'm entering a kickboxing photo contest; here's the link if anyone wants to vote for (AKA "like") the picture of me kickboxing in a bridesmaid dress :- : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Not sure who of those who were here eight ( :anxious: ) years ago is still around, but hello to all the new and old faces!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hey Lizzie! You have definitely been missed. :yes: I love your adorable Toothless (with teeth) cat! If you read the books, Toothless actually does end up having teeth, so it still works canonically, if that has been preying on your mind at night. ;) I hope that Colorado is treating you well and that you decide what you want to do next.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

*moved to the Steps*

I don't think we interacted much personally but I certainly remember you; great to see you around again!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Hello bookworm and Catspaw! :D Good to see you both too. Things here look pretty similar to how I remember it (especially through my favorite board theme -- the Christmas one).

Toothless has teeth in the movie too, right? I seem to remember Hiccup thinking he was toothless at first, then being proven wrong. But I could be remembering wrong.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I read the books (with a kid) a long time ago, so I'm trying to remember exactly what it was about the teeth that the movie did way differently. Maybe it was that he has lots of obvious teeth in the movie, but only little teeth revealed strategically in the books? Something like that. I remember being outraged, but not exactly why. ;)

Yay for loving the Christmas theme! \:D/ I've been using it year-round!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Catspaw wrote:I read the books (with a kid) a long time ago, so I'm trying to remember exactly what it was about the teeth that the movie did way differently. Maybe it was that he has lots of obvious teeth in the movie, but only little teeth revealed strategically in the books? Something like that. I remember being outraged, but not exactly why. ;)

Yay for loving the Christmas theme! \:D/ I've been using it year-round!
Oh interesting!
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Greetings and welcome back Lizzie! I don't rightly recall whether we interacted much, but it's always good to see more old timers visit! \:D/
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Welcome back, Lizzie! :)
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Thanks Brad and Nate! Brad, did your username used to be something different? Not recognizing your current one.
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

I used to by either Bradley Doyle, Bradley (I think), or Brad.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Ah yes, that sounds familiar. Good to see you, Brad! :)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I remember you Lizzy. \:D/ Though I haven't been around much myself lately. I always like seeing old members come back after a time of absence. =)
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

*gasp* 2 old timers back from the proverbial dead?! :thud:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Old Brad wrote:*gasp* 2 old timers back from the proverbial dead?! :thud:
Don't forget Mark Prescott, JCGJ, and NatetheGreat!
We've had a little resurgence of returns in the last month. :)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Woohoo! The more the merrier. :D