Google AI can talk on the phone

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Google AI can talk on the phone

Post by bookworm »

This is extremely impressive, but also kind of scary. Listen to the sample calls, it has intentionally inserted 'Um's and things like that so you don't suspect it's not a human.

If the official statement is too dry or technical here's a short opinion piece on it that raises some interesting thoughts.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Wow, this is really impressive. That's the best voice synthesis I've heard, even better than what Deep Mind came out with a while back. They say they were able to achieve the natural conversation by really restricting the domain, but still... wow. I'd be interested to hear some conversations where it gets confused, and how it attempts to recover.
Scientific Guy
Tallying up

Post by Scientific Guy »

I'd like to just have the text-to-speech program!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I find it a little creepy, since one of the benefits of receiving an automated call (for sales, scams etc.) is how easy it is to recognize that it is a recording, not a real person.