Incredibles 2

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Incredibles 2

Post by bookworm »

Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT FOR THIS MOVIE
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, the teaser trailer looks cute! I have to admit that I have only ever seen The Incredibles once, and that was a long time ago *ducks rotten tomatoes thrown at her* so I will need to watch it again before I see the sequel.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I can't believe this is actually a thing. This is the one Pixar sequel everyone has wanted forever, but never any acknowledgement or even a rumor, then suddenly 13 years later 'hey, this is finally happening afterall!'
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Oh my goodness! THIS IS SO EXCITING. I CANT BELIEVE IT EITHER. AAAAHHHH I CANT WAIT. but wait I must... =(

That teaser was so cute. I wish they had jumped forward several years but oh whale. I mean the audience for the first movie grew up so it would have been nice to see the kids grown up. But I'm still happy there's even a sequel at all!
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

Kaida wrote: That teaser was so cute. I wish they had jumped forward several years but oh whale. I mean the audience for the first movie grew up so it would have been nice to see the kids grown up. But I'm still happy there's even a sequel at all!

My thoughts exactly. :/ I wanted to see Violet maybe be married and how Jack-Jack's powers had developed when he was a teenager....

I'm still maybe going to cry though.
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I didn't think a sequel would ever happen so I never gave much thought to when I would prefer it was set. I think I would have sided with a close followup like this though. Going a bit in the future is a neat idea, but I'd like to see what happens right after the first one first. Maybe they'll make it a trilogy if this is well received and in the next one the kids will be grown up more.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

It was just about everything I hoped a sequel to one of the first movies I remember seeing in theater would be. Nothing amazing or unpredictable but a fun ride.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
shnoodlec
Tallying up

Post by shnoodlec »

I thought it was better and much more polished than the original. Jumping forward in time would have been to gimmicky, in my opinion. Pixar is... Not famous for great sequels, but this one was great. (Other than the flashing lights that gave me a migraine...)
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. now enjoying an era of peace between the Monkeys and Vampires. permanent n00b. Q&A thread HERE. come find me on the ToO chat if you dare.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

^Note on that. There's a major epilepsy/seizure warning. There's sequences lasting up to a minute.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Leaving the theater a mom and her little boy were in front of me and she said "Wow, that was amazing!" and he said "No, it was incredible!" being sincere and wink-wink punny at the same time. It was really cute.

I liked this a lot. Not as much as the first one, but that can't be expected when the first is so great. But this was great in its own way. It's pretty much everything I hoped it would be. It wasn't just made to cash in on a loved property, this had a reason to exist. It's a solid movie, and good followup continuing the story from the first.

I liked that the portal power wasn't just there to be a kind of neat idea, it was actually really utilized in the fight scenes and made for some unique sequences.

I thought the strobe light scene was pretty neat, I've never seen something like that in animation before.

I don't really have many specific things that come to mind to comment on, it's just an all around fun time and good movie. I'm glad it was made and am curious to see if there will be a third.
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

Bookworm basically said what I think. Not Pixar's best,(that is The Incredibles 1, Toy Story 3, and my all time favorite, WALL-E.) But certainly good.
Resident JRPG nut