Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm not really familiar with non-zombie Pride and Prejudice, but this looks far more interesting! \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

this might be ridiculous, but I'm totally seeing it anyway \:D/

Till the end of the line.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Shennifer, when you see it, I would love to hear what you thought! I love Pride and Prejudice, but I'm not at all into the zombie thing, and it looks like it might be a little bloodier than I prefer. :sick: I would hate to miss out on it if the gore isn't too bad, though I probably still won't see it in theatres.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Catspaw wrote:Shennifer, when you see it, I would love to hear what you thought! I love Pride and Prejudice, but I'm not at all into the zombie thing, and it looks like it might be a little bloodier than I prefer. :sick: I would hate to miss out on it if the gore isn't too bad, though I probably still won't see it in theatres.
eh I've seen Game of Thrones, and I just saw the Revenant today, so really, this should be positively tame.

I'll let you know what I think, for sure :)

Till the end of the line.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

-- 04 Feb 2016 11:36 am --

I don't generally mind gore, unless it's extremely excessive, but I don't do horror at all. If someone who sees it can let me know how it is in that respect I would appreciate it. (Is it a scary zombie movie, or just a zombie killing movie.)

I can't believe I would actually want to see this, but the more time passes the more I think I just might. I don't know much about P&P, but I am intrigued by this kind of genre set in this kind of time period. It should be entertaining at the least.

-- 13 Aug 2018 02:06 pm --

I was remembering this thread recently so I tracked down this movie and gave it a watch, even though I never got the 'scare level' report I had requested. (To answer my own question there were a few parts I thought were fairly scary, but as I said I'm a huge wimp that absolutely doesn't do horror, I'm pretty sure the average person would probably barely flinch at anything in this, it's not trying to intensely scare.)

Objectively this probably isn't a great movie, but just for the absurdity of what it was I thought it was perfectly enjoyable. But I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be comedic all through, self aware of how ridiculous it is, or if it was being serious for the most part with just sequences of comedy interspersed. Because there were moments definitely intended to get a laugh, but it wasn't clear if that was supposed to make you take the rest less seriously as well or if it was just a temporary change in tone. The end credits scene didn't help in interpretation of if the movie is taking itself seriously or not either.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I still haven't seen this, but I still intend to. It's good to hear that it wasn't super duper scary to somebody with a lower threshold for stuff like that, since if/when I watch, it's for the "Pride and Prejudice" parts, not the "and Zombies" parts. ;) Good to know there's some humour. I find myself laughing more than the average person at movies (based on times when I'm giggling in a fairly full theatre and don't hear a lot of other people doing the same) :anxious: so this could be fun!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It is a pretty fun watch, and someone more familiar with the original Pride and Prejudice would get even more out of it than I did.