Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I will never know, but you give it a try and let us know, Top! ;)

I went to see Black Panther with my brother today! That made for a fun afternoon. :D
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

Catspaw: Lucky! I really want to see it!

We went skiing last week so that was fun. And soccer season just started :D
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

YAY SNOW!!! Sounds like fun!

I have spring break coming up and what else.... Oh yeah! My doggo had 11 puppers. Echo, Moe, Louis, Leia, Walter, Diggs, Jane, Skywalker, Muffin (biggest boy), Joy, and Beamer. My sisters named all but the first 3 and the last 2. Yes, they named them after StarWars. And Diggs the football player. They are weird just like me. :D
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Wow, I haven't updated y'all in a while.. Where to start.. :-k

Well sadly I'm still working as a tire tech.. I'm hoping to rectify the situation before Thanksgiving though.

My family in Kansas moved out of my childhood home last week. I was there to visit last month and brought back the rest of my belongings that I had left there.

I am getting ready to do further studying in IT work via some video courses that I purchased as well as working towards a couple of certifications through Microsoft. Once I do those I should be a much more valuable employee!

I also will be starting a Greek class this Wednesday. It's at the Bible school I went to 4 years ago. They started a second year program which has a Greek class. If I get an opportunity in the future I would like to take the second year, unfortunately I can't at this point. However they are letting me take the Greek class for which I'm grateful. The benefits are twofold, for 1 I gain valuable knowledge for Bible study; and 2 they're going to start doing Greek both years, so if I didn't join in this year, I would be behind if I ever took the 2nd year program.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

That's great that you get to take that class!

30 days until I marry my best friend.

'Nuff said.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's awesome, Nate! :D You must be very excited.

I had a really busy week and ended up running errands every day after work, which always takes way longer than it seems like it should. It was an okay week, just busy.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

This topic has been neglected too long. :noway:

I took a cooking class a couple of weeks ago, and we made Normandy Chicken (w/ French apple brandy and an apple reduction), green beans wrapped in bacon, an autumn salad with lavender dressing, and a clafoutis cake with Michigan sour cherries. It was quite possibly the best meal I have ever eaten. :thud:

My phone was dying, so I didn’t get good pictures, but this is what the chicken and green beans looked like:
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Oh my, you sound like quite the gourmet! It both sounds and looks very fancy. :yes: (And by that I mean more work that I will ever put into a meal.) ;)

I got to talk to my sister and my little niece on the phone today, which was fun! My niece likes to hold the phone and talk, even though "yeah" is the only clear word that comes out. She was cheerful and happy to tell me...something...(deep, meaningful stuff, I'm sure), so that made me happy.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I had my third baby 2 weeks ago. So...not much sleep in my life lately.

But Dr. Watson came to see me for Thanksgiving, so that's a plus. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Congratulations Laura!! \:D/ \:D/
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
GMarchiani
Not as new

Post by GMarchiani »

Aww! <3 Congrats!! :)
"Relationships are a series of steps, and you can only take the step that is in front of you."-Eugene Meltsner
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's so exciting! Congratulations, Laura (and Manly)! What a wonderful blessing. I'm glad that Dr. Watson was able to visit and (hopefully) help out! :D
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

Heh.. I haven't updated y'all in a while..
So I am about two weeks from completing the first semester of the aforementioned Greek class...as well as the other classes.. The first week of Greek class I was approached by the president of the school (a close friend as well as an elder at my church). He asked me to consider and pray about taking the second year program this year. I went home, prayed about it, did some math, talked to my boss, and ended up deciding to do it. So now I'm at school from 9:30-4:00 Mon-Tues and Thurs, Wednesday is either a study day or outreach day, and I work all day Friday and Saturday. We'll see what the future holds as I am hoping to get a different part-time job that will allow me to work in the evenings and allow me more time to study during the weekends. If y'all could pray for the Lord's will in that I would much appreciate it!
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, that sounds awesome, but very busy! I hope that all goes well and will be praying. :)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I had my third baby 2 weeks ago. So...not much sleep in my life lately.

But Dr. Watson came to see me for Thanksgiving, so that's a plus. \:D/
:inlove: to both of these things.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Aww what a good uncle! :inlove:
Attachments
20181204_104735.jpg
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Aww, so sweet! Thanks for posting a picture, Laura! What a precious little bundle!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

A very sweet bundle of joy! Thank you Laura!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've had a cold the last week, which hasn't been much fun. I've had time off work for some of those days, which has been helpful, but I'm at that point where I am totally tired of coughing, cold meds, cough drops, and waking up in the night having to cough even more.

Other than that, life has been pretty decent! If that's the biggest thing I have to complain about, life isn't too bad. ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Feeling for you on that cold, Catspaw! :hug: I've been experiencing some similar symptons, but not quite to that degree.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.