Weekend decisions

Share your prayer requests here.
Old Brad
I've been working out

Weekend decisions

Post by Old Brad »

Hey guys, I have a few things going on this weekend that I would really appreciate y'all praying with me about.

1) Sermon - I'll be preparing 4 sermons over the course of the semester and the first one is this coming Monday. It's a big one as it sets the stage for the next 3. I also have yet to make a solid decision on what book to do..

2) Iowa - The president of the school is traveling to Iowa to speak at a conference this weekend and invited those who want to to go with him. I was hoping to go with him, but I'm not sure if it would be wise with preparing a sermon as well as other homework.

3) Skiing - If I decide not to go to Iowa, the other students are going skiing in Canada. If I were to go with them I would still miss out on some study time, but not as much as if I went to Iowa.

If y'all could be praying for the Lord's guidance in making these decisions I'd really appreciate it!
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Brad. Do not come to Iowa. I am currently here and the windchill is legitimately -35 Fahrenheit. It is not worth it.
he/him | a little stinker.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, if weather is the criteria, some parts of Canada are experiencing temperatures well below average, which is pretty cold, so that might rule out the ski trip as well. ;)

I'll be praying, Brad! How exciting (and scary) to get to preach a sermon!
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

So an update to this, I will not be going to Iowa. (Not because of the weather, I just have a lot of homework to finish up..) Still undecided on the ski trip, that depends on what all gets done tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers!

~FINAL EDIT~

Turns out I am staying home altogether this weekend. No one was able to go on the ski trip except for me and the lone girl at the school so, for the same of remaining above reproach, we aren't going. She is going because her family lives there and she has other stuff going on. The rest of us, however, are staying home to study.

Also I decided on my book, I now just need to put a lot of studying time in!

Thank you all for your prayers!
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm glad you were able to make some decisions. All the best with your studying!