3-14

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

3-14

Post by bookworm »

Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

I made avocado pie. \:D/
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

I made key lime pie. \:D/

Someone asked me the other day what day St. Patrick's Day was, and I told them it was the fourteenth because I can never remember. If someone out there is celebrating St. Patrick's Day instead of Pi Day because of me, I'm sorry. :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, Petrichor, you're just one of those efficient people who can celebrate two holidays at once! Green pie! :yum:

I bought pie on Tuesday, brought it to work on Wednesday, and intended to serve it today but unexpectedly was unable to go in due to a storm, so I guess I'll have to celebrate a day late! I also bought supplies to make tarts, which I think I will do Sunday, so I guess I will celebrate Pi Day on St. Patrick's Day even without Petrichor giving me misinformation. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Math is weird. I didn't watch the whole video (though I have vague intentions to do so when I have more time) but the first few minutes were very interesting!
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I actually remembered this year! I normally forget until it is too late but I didn't this year! Me and a friends went and got dinner together and had pie as a dessert. It was a very fun experience. I also would like to share that I have learned about 4-5 ways to calculate pi this year in my Comp Sci class. I hope everyone enjoyed the 3.14th best holiday of the year!
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:I didn't watch the whole video ... but the first few minutes were very interesting!
Then you missed the payoff where they actually did the real life check on the theoretical setup he was explaining and it worked! I don't fully understand what they were doing, but it is indeed very interesting.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I watched the video and was fascinated. Thanks for sharing bookworm! I also decided to write a python program to test the formula. At 500,000 terms the formula was only accurate to 5 decimals places.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I watched the whole video this time and got to see the destruction of books this time around! Quite something!