Stanley Cup Playoff 2019 Live Chats

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Stanley Cup Playoff 2019 Live Chats

Post by bookworm »

ImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image I set up a Chatroom channel for live chatting the Stanley Cup Playoffs! \:D/
Join #NHL if you're able to be online while you watch, especially if you are rooting for either team playing, and let's have some ToO viewing parties! If you are watching but can't chat during game action you can at least come by to check in during intermissions!

For now just drop by when a game is on and see if anyone else is there, we'll get more organized and hopefully have progressively more attendance as the rounds advance.

Schedule of games, times, and channels
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I love hockey and will be watching the playoffs, but probably won't make it to the chat much. I often find myself already multi-tasking or watching other places (like with my Dad at my parents' house). I love the playoffs and having meaningful games to watch every night (when I have time to watch!) and all the excitement!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I haven't been able to watch any games yet, but apparently there was just a big upset.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, talk about a huge shock for basically everyone! :mad: The Tampa Bay Lightning had an amazing regular season, and most people (including myself) expected them to make a long run into the playoffs. Instead, they lost 4 games straight to get swept by the Columbus Blue Jackets last night. I couldn't believe it. I watched the end of the game expecting to see the Lightning score when it mattered in this series, and they didn't. Crazy stuff.

Then less than half an hour later a second sweep happened, with the New York Islanders finishing off the Pittsburgh Penguins in four games. Also a surprise, though not quite as dramatic, since they hadn't been as dominant in the regular season. I watched the end of that game too and it was 2-1 Isles and I kept waiting for Crosby or somebody to score, send it to OT, and find a way to win, but apparently it was not meant to be.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I am not into hockey at all, but that sounds like an exciting playoff season so far!

I really enjoy seeing upsets in games. It makes the whole event more exciting!
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It's more fun when your team is the underdog. Otherwise it's less fun.

I'm not crying, you're crying.

:mecry:

A number of the teams I like are out already, so I'm waiting until the end of the first round to decide who I can cheer for in round two. Leafs vs. Bruins game 7 tomorrow night - I'm hoping the Leafs win!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That was a totally crazy end to a game 7! I watched to the end of the second period and then decided to go to bed, since it was getting late and I don't count either team as a huge favourite. Then I checked the score right before actually turning out the lights and kept watching the end of the third period, which was totally nuts. Non-stop action and goals. I did not stay up for OT - I had to work the next morning, exciting game or not! (For my favourite couple of teams, I would stay up for any quantity of OT, work or no work, just to be clear!) I started watching during the penalty and did not watch the penalty-inducing situation live. The replay looks scary enough and a star covered in blood probably influenced officials to make the call they did. Good on the NHL for apologizing for the error, and good on Vegas for not throwing themselves a pity party over the error. I wanted to see the Sharks win the series, but certainly never expected it to happen in such dramatic fashion!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Double OT Game 7! I didn't see it, but that's how you want the deciding game to go. :yes:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Well, it depends on whether your team wins or not! ;) Poor Ben Bishop was really holding down the fort for Dallas, but in the end it wasn't enough. I'm still mad at the Blues for knocking out the Jets, so I was cheering for Dallas on principle, so I wasn't very pleased with that ending. The Sharks made me a little happier, since I had decided to cheer for them to win the Stanley Cup once all the other teams I would consider cheering for were out, so at least I still have somebody to cheer for! In round three I will also be cheering for Carolina, since I hate the Bruins.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The final is set!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I have quite a conundrum before me in this Bruins vs. Blues series. It's a challenge to cheer against both teams. I am capable of doing so, but alas, one of them will eventually win. :( I will lend my support to the Blues because I only developed a dislike for them this season, whereas I have hated the Bruins since at least 2011. There won't be much joy in the results for me regardless of what happens. Booooo!!!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Wow I didn't realize the Blues making it here was such a surprise, but I just read they were 300-1 longshots just back in January. What an incredible midseason turnaround.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yes, quite the Cinderella story. Some of us are less pleased about it than others. :mecry: I will start to forgive them if they beat the Bruins. Otherwise I will be required to hate them for life by the law of sports fandom.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Why couldn't the Red Wings do that? :(
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

You have the same encouragement that every sports fan in every league has - "There's always next year." ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Next game could be the last! I unfortunately haven't been able to watch any yet, but I will make sure I can see this one.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've caught at least part of each game. I'm looking forward to game 6. It would be nice to see the Blues win on home ice! (Plus not have to see the Bruins play any more games.) ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I had some work I had to do last night so I didn't actually watch. I was following the score and was going to turn it on at the third period if it was close, but didn't since it looked likely the Bruins would force another.

Definitely going to watch Game 7 - winner take all!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I watched the game and really thought the Blues could do it...until the Bruins started scoring. ;) I cheered against the Blues in the first three rounds so it's a bummer to actually want them to win and watch them lose! I've been yelling, "You suck, Binnington!" at my TV screen for weeks already...I just wished it wasn't true last night. ;)