What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Love Letter, wonderful story! Up next for me is A Simple Singing by Leslie Gould. It is the second book in her Sisters of Lancaster County trilogy.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I like Rachel Hauck's books but haven't read that one yet, Laurie. I hope it's a good one!

I'm reading "Killer Assignment" by Maggie K. Black. I've read a couple of her other books that connect at least a bit to this one, which technically comes first (which I didn't realize when I read the other ones) so it's neat to see how things began!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Simple Singing, wonderful book! I am loving that trilogy. Up next for me is Beyond Justice by Cara Putman, first time reading this author.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've never read anything by Cara Putnam either. I hope it's a good read, Laurie!

I'm starting "Deadline" by Maggie K. Black. Her last book took place in Ontario, Canada, so I'm hoping this one does too! :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Beyond Justice, very good. Not as much suspense as I hoped for but it kept me turning the pages. Up next for me is The Bronte Plot by Katherine Reay.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I really liked "The Bronte Ploy," Laurie! :D I hope you enjoy it!

I'm starting "Silent Hunter" by Maggie K. Black. It sounds a little bit on the scary side, but still within the realm of what I'm willing to read. ;)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Catspaw wrote:I really liked "The Bronte Ploy," Laurie! :D I hope you enjoy it!

I'm starting "Silent Hunter" by Maggie K. Black. It sounds a little bit on the scary side, but still within the realm of what I'm willing to read. ;)
I loved the Bronte Plot! A book that mentions other books and reading is one I always enjoy! :D I finished Where Two Hearts Meet by Liz Johnson, wonderful book. Up next for me is Breach of Trust by Rachel Dylan. It is the third and final book in her Atlanta Justice trilogy.
Last edited by Laurie on Wed May 08, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laurie wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I really liked "The Bronte Ploy," Laurie! :D I hope you enjoy it!

I loved the Bronte Plot! A book that mentions other books and reading is one I always enjoy! :D
Me too! Have you read Katherine Reay's other books? If not, you'll want to track them down!

I really enjoyed "Silent Hunter" - it was a great book! I think it's my favourite Maggie K. Black book so far. I'm about to start her next book, "Headline: Murder."
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have read all but three Katherine Reay books. I still have to read The Austen Escape, A Portrait of Emily Price and her newest release The Printed Letter Bookshop. I am about halfway (give or take) through Falling for You by Becky Wade. It is the second book in her Bradford Sisters romance trilogy. Very good so far.
Last edited by Laurie on Wed May 15, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I really liked "The Austen Escape"! I just got her new release but might not get around to reading it for a while.

I am starting "Tactical Rescue" by Maggie K. Black. It's actually the first book of hers that I ever read, and then I realized that she had written other books that might be somewhat connected and kept buying her books but didn't really read them but saved them for later. Now I'm finally reading through them all in order and by now I thought I should reread this one!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Falling for You, very good. Up next for me is As the Tide Comes In by Cindy Woodsmall and Erin Woodsmall.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeleine L'Engle for the very first time. I know that is shocking news to some people out there. I know it's a childhood classic for many, but somehow I missed it. I've meant to read it for a long time and finally decided to do it. I haven't seen the movie yet and will likely do so at some point after I finish the book (more for Chris Pine than a strong belief it will be faithfully adapted) ;) and then hopefully read the rest of the series!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Faithful Gathering, excellent book. I'm sad to see that trilogy end, I loved it. Up next for me is Between Two Shores by Jocelyn Green.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I went on a short vacation over Memorial Day. I ended up reading "The Genius Plague" and loved it! I love the sci-fi apocalyptic genre so it was a great fit for me.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Currently reading When You Are Near by Tracie Peterson. This is the first book in her Brookstone Brides trilogy.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm reading "Fearless" by Tamara Leigh. I'm about halfway through and really enjoying the book, while simultaneously already dreading the end because this is the second book in the series and I know there will be at least five books!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished When You Are Near last night, wonderful book. Up next for me is The Edge of Mercy by Heidi Chiavaroli.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I'm reading a classic Old Testament textual criticism work from the 80's called "Who Wrote the Bible?" by Richard Elliott Friedman, and I'm finding it extremely riveting. Nothing like discovering the true story that the real scholars have known for hundreds of years but which has been hidden from you because you were raised in Fundamentalism. :p
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Far Side of the Sea by Kate Breslin yesterday morning, very good book. I'm currently reading With You Always by Jody Hedlund it is the first book in her Orphan Train trilogy. Very good so far.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've heard good things about Jody Hedlund and haven't gotten around to reading any of her books yet. One of these days!

I'm starting "Kidnapped at Christmas" by Maggie K. Black. I know it's a bit of an odd title for June, but it's next in the series I'm reading.