2nd Annual Staycation

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

2nd Annual Staycation

Post by Bren »

So once again I am doing another staycation this July. Didn't really do too much last year since it's just me and transportation is kinda an issue. Had a book day. Made myself a breakfast one day. I also made 1 trip across town by bike to the pool but thats about it. I only have 2 weeks to plan "The Best Vacation Ever" so any new ideas for an apartment bachelor would be great.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That sounds like some fun activities. :D I love the idea of a book day! That's my favourite kind of day!

Do you have a hobby that you could spend the day doing? A puzzle day or LEGO day or drawing day or something like that? I know - an AIO day! :D Make up a menu of things to eat based on episodes of AIO and listen to favourite episodes, and, of course, visit the ToO. ;)
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Catspaw wrote:I know - an AIO day! :D Make up a menu of things to eat based on episodes of AIO and listen to favourite episodes, and, of course, visit the ToO. ;)
Advice like this is why we need Catsville back. :yes:
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bren wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I know - an AIO day! :D Make up a menu of things to eat based on episodes of AIO and listen to favourite episodes, and, of course, visit the ToO. ;)
Advice like this is why we need Catsville back. :yes:
You're in luck - you get Catsville-level advice without Catsville-style managerial techniques. ;)

I'm thinking oatmeal for breakfast, with fruit, yogurt, and granola. Supper could be pizza, with a WodFamChocSod or Raspberry Ripple (or the closest thing you can get to it) for dessert. What should lunch be?
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I love the idea of doing some LEGO building or a puzzle. :yes:

Are there any parks around? You could explore a new park, and maybe take a picnic and a book.
You could also splurge on going to the movies at your local theater. \:D/
I also recommend having another pool day.

And.. you could print yourself a Flat Eugene and take some photos of him doing the things you do on your staycation! \:D/ :D Then share your photos on Instagram using the hashtag #flateugene
I would like to get the page started up again, so getting some people involved would be nice!

#shamelessplug O:)
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I'd get a week to myself back when I worked part-time and my parents and siblings would go on vacations. My favorite thing to do was go to the library and rent every movie I'd intended to see and hadn't gotten around to. Then I'd go out and buy a ton of sunflower seeds and just sit around watching movies for a couple days.
he/him | a little stinker.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Started the staycation off officially with a nice breakfast.

Today is supposed to be nature day but we will have to see how well the weather cooperates.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Steve wrote:I'd get a week to myself back when I worked part-time and my parents and siblings would go on vacations. My favorite thing to do was go to the library and rent every movie I'd intended to see and hadn't gotten around to. Then I'd go out and buy a ton of sunflower seeds and just sit around watching movies for a couple days.
Yeah, when I was in high school/community college and my parents were out of town I'd catch up on movies and video games and have friends over. I usually would take most of the time off work as well, just because. O:)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Bren wrote:Started the staycation off officially with a nice breakfast.

Today is supposed to be nature day but we will have to see how well the weather cooperates.
That sounds like a good start to the day! Your breakfast looks Connie-approved. :yes:

I hope that the weather allowed for your nature day! If not, it will have to be nice eventually. ;)
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Yesterday's theme was nature day. In spite of the heat I biked to work for lunch. Afterwards, I went to the ball park and got in a little hoops and wall ball action.

Since it's a pain to find a hosting service to replace photobucket, I'll link you guys to my Instagram post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0CKAl4lJQI ... 8u5kg5qbth
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It looks like a beautiful day for nature day! :D

I also find Photobucket's current annoyingness a big pain. :(
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I didn't really do anything yesterday but today is AIO day. What was I to do? I made a Wod Fam Choc Sod.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0G6XwJFmo- ... tla8qvw9dr

I don't think supper was made with a photo copy machine though.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0HYKqZljsF ... ukk640gl9t
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yum! That looks like a great day! It's awesome that you wore your WodFamChocSod t-shirt for your AIO day!