Fall Photo Contest

The leaves (and/or snowflakes) are falling and the fun is happening here at the Fall Festival! Come join in!

Fall Photo Contest

Postby bookworm » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:57 am

I'm going to keep holding this until I'm able to give out all the prize money. It's probably a little late for most people to get out and take new photos this year, but remember past photos can be submitted and note that the photos don't necessarily have to be of scenery, so I hope we have some participation.

I love Fall! If you've been around for previous Fall Festivals you've surely seen me mention it's my favorite season. I love the weather this time of year, starting to get blustery but not yet wet out, and I love the visuals of the changing leaves all over. I had the idea to ask people to share their Fall photos so we could experience more seasonal goodness than we would just on our own, and then thought I might as well make it an event. So here is the 2019 Fall Photo Contest!

Your prompt is "What Autumn Means To Me" - take a photo of a scene that represents what you most strongly associate with the season of autumn or what you first think of when you think about this time of year. I anticipate this being mostly a lot of photos of changing leaves, which is great, but it doesn't have to be that. If something else means autumn for you by all means use that as a subject. It could be a photo of a specific location that holds a certain fond seasonal memory, or a building or object that represents something you personally think or do this time of year. There is no wrong way to interpret the prompt, you will have an opportunity to explain why you used the photo you did.

Rules, logistics, and procedure:
  • Photos must be taken by you, but do not have to be taken for this contest, you may submit a photo you took in the past.
  • PM me your photo along with a brief description of what it is and why it represents autumn to you. This is especially important if it isn't something obvious like pretty leaves. If it's a more subtle or personal thing that's great, but I need to understand why you make the connection.
  • Submissions will be accepted through the end of November, you can send them in any time. You may submit up to two photos. If you have already submitted two but take another one later that you think is better you can send it to me and let me know which previous photo you want it to replace. If you have additional photos you want to share beyond the two you want to enter in the contest please post them in this thread! :)
  • At the end of the Fall Festival I will judge all the photos that have been submitted and three submissions will receive a $55 prize! Limited to one prize per entrant, meaning sending in two photos increases your chance of winning one of the prizes, but you will not win more than one of them. (Prize money provided by grants from Moontide and Dredge)
  • Judging will not be based on artistic merit, so don't avoid entering out of concern you don't take 'professional' photos or the quality isn't perfect, I will be judging on how well I believe the content and spirit of your photo meets the prompt based on your explanation of why you relate the image to the autumn season.

If you submit a photo please leave a post announcing your participation so others are encouraged to join in! \:D/

My hope is that just about everyone who sees this thread will send something in - remember your photo is not judged artistically, it's all about your explanation of the purpose behind it! This is a no pressure, minimal effort required event; I just want to get people to share some feelings and memories about this lovely time of year! :)
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
bookworm

Cash on hand: 293.48
Bank: 59,143.88

Re: Fall Photo Contest

Postby A2Z » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:43 pm

No one replied yet, did no one enter?? :-k
I don’t know what I’m doing!
A2Z

What am I doing here?

Cash on hand: 104.86
Bank: 0.00

Postby bookworm » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:20 pm

You're the first this year - thank you for participating!
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
bookworm

Postby A2Z » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:23 am

YW, I hope more people join..... otherwise, might be kind of boring.
A2Z

What am I doing here?

Postby Rosie Willowwater » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:33 pm

I added a submission!
No one deserves to be forgotten
No one deserves to fade away
No one should come and go
And have no one know they were ever even there
No one deserves to disappear
I got this...
Rosie Willowwater

Singing

Cash on hand: 200.87

Postby bookworm » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:17 pm

There were only two entries, so by default the winners are A2Z and Rosie Willowwater! \:D/

A2Z's photo:"Every fall our family goes on a camping trip together in the mountains. We go to our favorite spot where there are lots of yellow leaves and go hiking and four-wheeling. The picture is some of those leaves.... (You got to see the leaves in person though to enjoy them to the fullest)"

Rosie's photo:
"To me, other than the stereotypical 'Fall' things, Autumn means beautiful sunsets and sunrises that I get to see since the days are shorter. This is just one of many pictures I have of a brilliant pink sky :D "
ToO Historian
ToO Historian
bookworm

Postby Catspaw » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:32 pm

Those are both beautiful pictures, and I like the stories that go with them. :D I love the shades of the clouds in the first picture, especially with the mountains too. The second picture has that beautiful pink cloud look with the blue sky, which I totally love. Very nice!
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 8,514.27
Bank: 1,958.31

Postby Rosie Willowwater » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:21 am

Woah, that picture is breathtaking, A2Z! Have you already gone on your camping trip this year?
No one deserves to be forgotten
No one deserves to fade away
No one should come and go
And have no one know they were ever even there
No one deserves to disappear
I got this...
Rosie Willowwater

Singing

Cash on hand: 200.87

Postby A2Z » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:54 am

Yes, we went already. Your picture is great too! I like the silhouettes. =D> (And yes, fall is one of the best times to view sunsets :) )
A2Z

What am I doing here?

Return to Fall Festival 2019