MLB Playoff and World Series 2019 Live Chats

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

MLB Playoff and World Series 2019 Live Chats

Post by bookworm »

Image Time for October baseball! I set up a Chatroom channel for live chatting the MLB Wild Card games though the World Series! \:D/

There are three ToOer teams in the postseason this year: sam's Astros, schnoodelc's Braves, and Jehoshaphat's Twins. Hopefully that draws some folks in who otherwise wouldn't have a reason to care; cheering on teams of ToO fans is great fun! :)

If you have a game on and are able to be online while you watch, connect to the Chatroom and join #MLB and let's have some ToO viewing parties! If you are watching but can't chat during the game you can at least come by to check in during some commercial breaks! You're also more than welcome to come by if you aren't watching but want to root along anyway, or even if you don't care about the game at all but just want to hang out!

Schedule of games, dates, times, and channels
321tumbler
Tallying up

Post by 321tumbler »

The World Series starts tomorrow! I'm sure it'll be an exciting set of games so everyone come join us if you can.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yes, it's time! \:D/

Houston Astros vs Washington Nationals in the World Series!

Choose whether to root for the ToOer team: sam's Astros looking for a second ring in three years, or the major underdog Nationals: a wild card team who shocked the world by making it here to their first ever championship series!

I will be hosting live chats for each game; they are all on Fox so anyone can watch! Come by #MLB to follow the action together, especially if you are rooting for either team! If you aren't watching the game but want to just hang out that's great too!

Schedule:
Game 1: October 22, 8:08 PM ET
Game 2: October 23, 8:07 PM ET
Game 3: October 25, 8:07 PM ET
Game 4: October 26, 8:07 PM ET
Game 5: October 27, 8:07 PM ET - if needed
Game 6: October 29, 8:07 PM ET - if needed
Game 7: October 30, 8:08 PM ET - if needed
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I don't watch a lot of baseball but things are always more exciting when there's a championship on the line! I'm planning to cheer for the Nationals, as the former Montreal Expos and as a new face to the finals! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Really fun game tonight, great start to the series!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I only watched a few minutes, flipping channels during commercial breaks to check the score in between watching hockey (because I am a Canadian, after all - hockey comes first!) ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Incredible game tonight! Nationals bringing the series home up 2-0, continuing to shock the sports world!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I tuned in briefly when the score was 2-2, so I was surprised to hear the score on the radio the next morning! It sounds like this is definitely the Nationals' to lose at this point.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

-- 26 Oct 2019 10:17 pm --

The Astros even it up and we'll have a best of three series for the title!

-- 30 Oct 2019 11:47 am --

Winner take all Game 7 tonight! What a series!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I have the game on. The bit of baseball I've watched this series reminds me that I am not a baseball person ;) but it's hard not to be interested with a close game and a championship on the line! :mad:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:The bit of baseball I've watched this series reminds me that I am not a baseball person ;)
If that was your reaction I guess it's true because this was one of the greatest World Series of all time!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote:
Catspaw wrote:The bit of baseball I've watched this series reminds me that I am not a baseball person ;)
If that was your reaction I guess it's true because this was one of the greatest World Series of all time!
And the first champtionship series in any major sports league where every game was won on the road, apparently. That is odd, and very impressive for the Nationals to make their victory happen!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yes, this team's story is one for the ages. Only the 13th wild card team to make it to the World Series and just the 7th to win it. Through the postseason they faced 5 elimination games and trailed in each one before managing a comeback victory. And they scored over 50% of their postseason runs with 2 outs. Only a few of the incredible factoids from their incredibly improbable performance.