Random Things That Remind You Of Random Things

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Random Things That Remind You Of Random Things

Post by bookworm »

I had an idea for a new kind of topic to try out; not sure how often it will be relevant, but it should be useful to people at least on occasion. It's in the same vein as Random Things That Remind You Of The ToO and Odyssey + the Real World, but for general non forum or AiO things. When something you see or experience makes you think of something else that really isn't connected at all but was related in your mind for whatever reason.

I'll start it off by giving an example of the kind of thing that could go in here. This happened the other day and I wanted to share it, but it didn't seem like something worth its own dedicated thread, thus the idea for starting this one.

I got this receipt at Burger King:

As a Star Wars fan the number immediately jumped out at me, and I picured Emperor Palpatine in the back telling a worker "Execute Order 66, get that man his burger!" :P
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, too funny! I love it! These kinds of random thoughts occur to me all the time, so this does seem like a great thread idea. My main problem is remembering my thought long enough to post about them later. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:My main problem is remembering my thought long enough to post about them later. ;)
I know, that will be the key to whether the thread gets much use. Most of these kinds of silly things are just fleeting thoughts.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The other day I had a chain of thoughts that I believe fit the spirit of this thread. ;)

I was listening to my Star Wars Episode III soundtrack in my car, and the track named Anakin vs. Obi-Wan was on, and I was thinking about how the whole series would be very different if Obi-Wan actually finished the job and killed Anakin, and then my mind wandered to the episode of Lizzie Bennet Diaries where Lizzie is saying that she's so mad at Darcy that she wants to strangle him but she's afraid if she started, she might just finish the job, and I was thinking about Star Wars and Pride and Prejudice and then I realized that I was about to miss my turn on the foggy road.

How's that for random stuff? Too random? :mad:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That's pretty much what I had in mind; things in no way related but because of your explanation one can at least follow the link if not have it make sense.

On the subject of random P&P crossovers by the way, you should check out Pride and Prejudice and Zombies if you never did.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Nope, I still haven't watched it. It's on my Netflix list. I'll get around to it one of these days.