PROCLAIM THY RACE, HUMAN!!!!!!

(We still don't know EVERYTHING about EVERYONE yet)

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

JesusFreak777 wrote:
Posted: 15 Apr 2005 05:20 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am American, with a lot of German heritage, although I would rather forget about that part. I would rather not be. I prefer to remember my scandinavian part of my heritage. Anything but German.
why do you wish to forget the German?
I live in Germany, but wish I didn't. It just gets on my nerves (BIG TIME), when people call me "German". Just because I live in Germany, does not mean that I am German. I am American, period.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

got it. Where in Germany do you live? I've been to the south and its beautiful
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I live in northern Germany. Very far north, about 2 hours from Denmark. It's about 1/2 hour from Hamburg. The North is pretty, too. Just not as pretty as the South.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I'm caucasian.

I come from so many different nationalities that I don't know what half of them are. The typical American Heinz 57.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Hmmm. I'll remind everyone I'm asking race, not nationality.

You diverters from the topic, you! \:D/
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

oh we're awful aren't we \:D/
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

J-man wrote:oh we're awful aren't we \:D/
yes we are known for going... :offtopic:
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

whoops. I guess I would be caucasian
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The Top Crusader wrote:
jessicado wrote:I'm martian.........
You must really hate Santa, then. :(

if martians are capturing santa then why is santa conquering him
im caucasian
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I'm an earthling.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Chinese Canadian. w00t for Asians. \:D/

Although I also happen to be third-generation, as both my parents and grandparents were born in Canada. Heh. Thus, neither my parents, my siblings, nor I can speak, read, or write Chinese at all. We've totally abandoned our heritage. :badgrin:

. . . except for the food. ;)
Yea! I'm second-generation Chinese American! Finally someone who has somewhat the same ethnic background. (We should have a club or something.) \:D/ Ha ha...you could never tell that from the way I talk, eh.

I can understand what they're saying at resturants and when my father dearest is making fun of something...but other than that...I'm only at the barbeque pork bun level. Tcha-su bao...or however you say it.

Is anyone else here not completely white? (go Asians!)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Eugene Kendall wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:
jessicado wrote:I'm martian.........
You must really hate Santa, then. :(

if martians are capturing santa then why is santa conquering him
im caucasian
Well, it's an interesting story I shant get into here. I saw the movie years ago on dearly departed MST3K, and recently picked up the movie at the dollar store... :-s
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Frank wrote:Yea! I'm second-generation Chinese American! Finally someone who has somewhat the same ethnic background. (We should have a club or something.) \:D/ Ha ha...you could never tell that from the way I talk, eh.
Hooray for Asians! We 'should' start a club. But there'd only be five or six members :-s . . .
Frank wrote:I can understand what they're saying at resturants and when my father dearest is making fun of something...but other than that...I'm only at the barbeque pork bun level. Tcha-su bao...or however you say it.
Wait, can both your parents speak Chinese? Nice. \:D/ Mandarin or Cantonese?
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

My dear sweet mother is chinese...but doesn't speak it all that much. (she understands it perfectly...) My father dearest is caucasian... (hence...I'm only half asian...but it works great for college oppurtunities) and speaks more Cantonese than my dear sweet mother does...it's kinda funny. He likes to make people laugh. People...like little chinese waitresses. It's great.

Are you full blown chinese? Or half?
(Offtopic- who were you at the TH?)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Frank wrote:My dear sweet mother is chinese...but doesn't speak it all that much. (she understands it perfectly...) My father dearest is caucasian... (hence...I'm only half asian...but it works great for college oppurtunities) and speaks more Cantonese than my dear sweet mother does...it's kinda funny. He likes to make people laugh. People...like little chinese waitresses. It's great.
Wow, that is rather . . . interesting. You mom understands Chinese perfectly but she can't speak it at all? Hm. My mom understands a village dialect of Cantonese (which her parents speak), so she can speak and undestand various words and phrases of that dialect, but little else. My dad can differentiate between the two main Chinese dialects, and he can speak a bit of Mandarin--when it comes to ordering Chinese dishes. ;)
Frank wrote:Are you full blown chinese? Or half?
(Offtopic- who were you at the TH?)
I am "full blown" Chinese, in that my entire ancestry is Chinese. (i.e. my parents are full Chinese, their parents are full Chinese, etc.) As for the TH, I must confess I was not nearly as involved there as I am here. More commonly known as there International15 there, I seldom posted.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I'm as well caucasion but on off days I am pink wiht purple dots. ](*,)
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

I am Orkan!
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.