Chronicles of Narnia

Discuss the books or the movie here!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

To those of you asking where I bought the RT CD's - it was from a company called Library Educational Services. It is primarily a source for teachers, libraries, etc. My mom has an account because she was a homeschool teacher. :)

They had a postcard promotion thing in September, so that special price is over now. :( Sorry!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Okay I have to ask are any of you folks planning on dressing up when you see it? If you are what are you going as?

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I wasn't planning on dressing up. I hadn't even thought of it. :-k It could be kind of cool, though I still won't actually do it myself.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Not dressing up, but I will be at the midnight showing.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I want to go to the midnight showing, but I don't know if that will work out...we'll see...
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

Jonathan wrote:
Trumpkin wrote:and I hope they don't ruin it. \:D/
I'm fairly certain they won't. I've read reviews of early screenings, and it sounds promising.

-Jonathan
True. It looks promising. But, I seriously doubt they will stick totally to the books.

It'll still be cool, though. \:D/

By the way, y'all have to get this CD: http://www.narniaweb.com/soundtracks_lww1.asp....inspired by Narnia. Really neat. O:)
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

I downloaded: "Remembering You." I am in love with that song! The others sound OK, but that's definately the best one!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

NarniaWeb Radio Interview! Gotta love the accents. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

MsMaxwell wrote: By the way, y'all have to get this CD: http://www.narniaweb.com/soundtracks_lww1.asp....inspired by Narnia. Really neat. O:)
That link was posted on the TH by a certain *ahem* wonderful individual ;) and so when I saw the CD at a nearby Christian bookstore, I bought it! \:D/ I love it! I've listened to it tons already, and definitely recommend it! :D
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

Catspaw wrote:
MsMaxwell wrote: By the way, y'all have to get this CD: http://www.narniaweb.com/soundtracks_lww1.asp....inspired by Narnia. Really neat. O:)
That link was posted on the TH by a certain *ahem* wonderful individual ;) and so when I saw the CD at a nearby Christian bookstore, I bought it! \:D/ I love it! I've listened to it tons already, and definitely recommend it! :D

*chuckles impishly*

Glad you like it! \:D/

Trent DeWhite wrote:NarniaWeb Radio Interview! Gotta love the accents. \:D/
Oh, oh, oh! I love the accents!! :inlove:
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I love that CD too. It's one of the best I've ever listened to.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

MsMaxwell wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
I'm fairly certain they won't. I've read reviews of early screenings, and it sounds promising.

-Jonathan
True. It looks promising. But, I seriously doubt they will stick totally to the books.

Yes it shall, since I've heard that they did. I also recently found out (like three minutes ago thanks to another member) that the director is a Christian.

-Jonathan
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Andrew Adamson (Shrek, Shrek 2) is directing. I was a little frightened at first, that the director of Shrek was directing the movie for one of my favorite books. Some of the inuendo's in Shrek made me dislike the movie. I don't know Andrew Adamson so I can't tell you whether or not he's a Christian, but he does claim to be a Christian and, according to many people who've worked on the movie, the movie's very faithful to the Christian aspect of the books.

by the way here's an interview with Andrew Adamson from Narnia Web http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=486&dl=5192910
Carolita
I'm not Gabe

Post by Carolita »

Jonathan wrote:
MsMaxwell wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

-Jonathan

Yes it shall, since I've heard that they did. I also recently found out (like three minutes ago thanks to another member) that the director is a Christian.

-Jonathan
Cool. Where did they get their information, I wonder?
EDIT: I just saw the above post. Never mind.

Some interesting bits of info. : http://www.narniaweb.com/crew.asp
Tinuviel
Found
Location: Here or there- but isn't here just there without the t??

Post by Tinuviel »

I am really looking forward to the movie! I've read the books like a hundred (close to, actually) times, & I can't wait!!!!! \:D/

~Tinuviel~
Only one life twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ twill last;
And when I am dying how happy I'll be, if the lamp of my life has been burnt out for Thee!
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

Elrohir wrote:Andrew Adamson (Shrek, Shrek 2) is directing. I was a little frightened at first, that the director of Shrek was directing the movie for one of my favorite books. Some of the inuendo's in Shrek made me dislike the movie. I don't know Andrew Adamson so I can't tell you whether or not he's a Christian, but he does claim to be a Christian and, according to many people who've worked on the movie, the movie's very faithful to the Christian aspect of the books.

by the way here's an interview with Andrew Adamson from Narnia Web http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=486&dl=5192910
I agree. I REALLY hope that the movie goes well!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I got my set of RT just the other day! They said mid Nov. but I guess they got it in early. \:D/ Now to listen to them!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

Hey what is everybody fav Chronicles of Narnia book
i have not read all of them yet but i'm working on it

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

I love the Magician's Nephew and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe... I think those two are my favs, although the other ones are really good too.
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I got my set of RT just the other day! They said mid Nov. but I guess they got it in early. \:D/ Now to listen to them!
Yay! My favourite RT one is "The Horse and His Boy" but they're all great!