What browser do you use?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

What browser do you use?

Firefox
47%
Internet Explorer
41%
Safari
6%
Other
6%

Total votes: 32

Mr Sarcastic Cow Man
I'm memorable

What browser do you use?

Post by Mr Sarcastic Cow Man »

I use Firefox because it is more feature rich than other browsers I've tried.

If you use IE, and you don't have a special reason to do so, you should probably try Firefox. Firefox is more secure, more feature rich, and not as ugly.

www.getfirefox.com
Bare feet pwn. ~ Lucy
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I think we have FireFox on one of our computers. I use IE, though.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I use Explorer the most. Althogh I do have Firefox and Safari on my iMac.
Tuxlover
Pilgrim

Post by Tuxlover »

Firefox!!! Is there another browser? :-s
-Tuxlover

85% of all computers have a deadly virus. It's name: Windows.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I use my PC and Laptop most but when im using a mac I prefer safari.....for PC and Laptop I go with firefox!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

IE primarily. I just downloaded FF this afternoon and I've been trying it out. It's not too bad, although I still prefer IE. I do like the tabbed browsing in FF though.
...I hate marquees.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

J-man wrote:IE primarily. I just downloaded FF this afternoon and I've been trying it out. It's not too bad, although I still prefer IE. I do like the tabbed browsing in FF though.
You wont prefer IE if you relize the security of FF, and the extensions! Go install some extensions and youll love it!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I don't like FF right now because it keeps messing up the Website I'm building. ;) The code is valid too.. ](*,)
...I hate marquees.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

IE for me! I don't feel like trying to figure out a new browser when I haven't had any problems!

*prepares to ignore all the propaganda for other browsers* ;)
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

:hilarious: lol. I can't get IE and FF to agree on anything. I got it to work in FF but now IE messes up.. *starts to think about giving up* :boohoo:
...I hate marquees.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Catspaw wrote:IE for me! I don't feel like trying to figure out a new browser when I haven't had any problems!

Security........I could get your I.P and cause a DDOS attack through IE....
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

Firefox. It's great.

\:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Eon Spitfire EK V2.exe wrote:
Catspaw wrote:IE for me! I don't feel like trying to figure out a new browser when I haven't had any problems!

Security........I could get your I.P and cause a DDOS attack through IE....
*is scared* Save me, EK! ;)

Let me know if you do get my IP - I've always wondered what it is, because what it shows up as here and the one that I was assigned through the network at school are completely different! :-k
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I use AOL's web browser primarily. Though I doubt think it is necessarily the best.

I have IE and Firefox and use them frequently but not as often as AOL

btw, AOL's search is faaarrrr better than google or anything else. It's really powerful and conveinent.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Me
An original

Post by Me »

J-man wrote::hilarious: lol. I can't get IE and FF to agree on anything. I got it to work in FF but now IE messes up.. *starts to think about giving up* :boohoo:
Lol. Might have something to do with the fact the Firefox is standards compliant, and IE isn't. Microsoft keeps trying to append standard conventions, and in the process, mess everyone up.

STRYPER: AOL search?!!? Come on, AOL is just as evil as M$ if not more so! :noway: :shame:

Firefox rocks my world. I only use Internet Exploder for stuff that won't work in Firefox because IT'S NOT STANDARDS COMPLIANT!!!!
Last edited by Me on Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Really. I always thought it wasn't standards compliant.. ;)
...I hate marquees.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Don't insult AOL, I've been using it since some of these posters were in dipers. (probably not you :anxious: )

Have you used AOL search?? It is very conveinent.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Me
An original

Post by Me »

STRYPER wrote:Don't insult AOL, I've been using it since some of these posters were in dipers. (probably not you :anxious: )

Have you used AOL search?? It is very conveinent.
Haven't used AOL search, but I have used their browser thing, and I can't stand it. Cluttered bloatware IMO. Also, the AOL spam filters are absolute garbage. They keep stripping out perfectly legit links. This almost caused me to fail a class last quarter, as AOL blocked an email to my teacher. The problem was a link to my homework assignment (a drawing). And they charge way too much for dialup. Not exactly a big fan of AOL, if you haven't picked that up.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

*ahem* I am the official Firefox evangelist of the ToO, thank you.
Recently upgraded to 1.0.7... none of the extensions/themes I have seem to be causing any problems. User Agent Switcher is very handy...
Now if only it would finish iframe support so I could use it on our school's third-party forum software...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
map
Found

Post by map »

I use IE