579: "Always"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

Star rating?

5 Stars
43%
4 Stars
25%
3 Stars
21%
2 Stars
7%
1 Star
4%

Total votes: 28

Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

The episode brought back soooo many memorize of when my sis left for colage.. *sniff* sad day.. :(
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

After listening to the clips at the beginning, I was prepared to write a review similar to the Washington story from The Business of Busyness (like, stop the craziness!)

And then, there came that one shocking word:

College

Whoa, back the school bus up! That really really threw me for a loop (I didn‘t even think she was old enough to drive). And it got my attention, big time. I wasn’t expecting that, and found it to be a strong story. But at the same time, my stomach started feeling a little heavy, as I’m afraid we’re saying good-bye to a great character.

Another reason this really struck home for me is, as a college student myself, I can relate. The stress of getting stuff together, moving out, even the sibling arguments sounded way to familiar.

And it was nice to hear a AIO family with a real story. No craziness. Something I could relate to. And it was nice to look at this story; it’s something we haven’t done on the show yet (despite some characters starting college, like Donna Barclay). Not to mention the character development of Bethany (which was of epic proportions).

A winning scene was between Aubrey and Ben at the end. Not only did it have a good lesson (in reference to God), it was touching. And very relevant to me. I’ve had problems with that same dilemma (should I go, should I not?)

Chris’ talk at the end was great too; in the last few years, we have not seen enough scripture in the show (imo, and certainly compared to the show’s early years), and I appreciated it.

Overall, a very very strong ep, and one I’ve got nothing bad to say about. I only hope this is not the end of Aubrey’s character. Well done AIO

5/5
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Just an update. On my Aubrey trading card it says she is 14. :D
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

This episode is my personal favorite of the season. A bit predictable (we all figured Bethany had stowed away as soon as we realized she was missing) but still very good. The emotional level is amazing and it so much spoke to me. Maybe because my brother is leaving for college next Fall, maybe because this relationship between sisters reveals one I wish my sis and I shared. Maybe because I'm just as bad at Scrabble as Aubrey. I don't know, it was jus such a good, serious, true to heart episode. I love the Shepherds so much and I'm sorry to see them go.

:boohoo:
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

I just listened to it earlier today! It was definitely different. Anyone think she found the fountain of...AGING? :P I bet Connie could sure use it :P. Although, it wasn't a "milestone" episode, it was very enjoyable to see her move on, so I give it a good solid four. I hope that actually let us visualize her more in college. Maybe after a year, she'll come back and spend the summer in Odyssey :).
map
Found

Post by map »

This was a very good episode. I also thought the emotional struggle of leaving for college was good. I can remember back to my struggle when I went to college - the thought of living on your own and not being able to go home anytime you want. Hopefully they have some episodes of things she goes thru at college- since there are some older than 8 people that listen to the show. Studies show that college is one of the times your faith gets tested the most - so it would be very appropriate and beneficial I think to do some time of show or shows on that.
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

Reviews from AIOHQ

Review from Adriana Amaya, age 19
Rating: 4 stars
This episode really helps remind us that we may not always know why God wants us to do something, but we can trust that he wants the best for us. It really spoke to me on a personal level since I am getting ready to leave home (and continue school), precisely because it's what God put in my heart.

Review from Malinda Lee, age 22
I enjoyed listening to the story about Aubury. It is very much like how people react when a loved on goes to college. Great Job!

Review from Nathan Ehnis, age 17
Rating: 1 star
Okayyyy and we thought this season couldn't get any worse after All-Star Witness! I guess the whole point of this ep was just to give us a final update on the Shepard family (what are the chances that we'll ever hear from them again?) and to send Aubrey off to colledge. I thought the family would just drop off the face of the earth like most "old" characters and families.

Review from Jocelyn Miller, age 13
I like this show.

Review from Snow de Whit, age 13
Rating: 2 1/2 stars
Always is a sweet story about departure of a girl to college. Yup, Aubrey's off! Bethany is in denial about her sister leaving her and tries to keep her home. This is a very sweet story, not the best Odyssey ever made, but good all around. Sadly, the bad side is the thing that made the story: Aubrey leaving. Are they getting rid of her? Will she ever show up again? Has she wandered down that long, long tunnel never to be seen again like so many others? Only time will tell.

Review by Matthew, age 13
Rating: 3 1/2 stars
It was a really good episode. The morning I heard it, I was thinking that the Shepard's were gone 'cause the last time we heard of Aubrey was last year. I'm glad that they're (hopefully) back! I had no idea that Aubrey was college age! I thought she was a high schooler!

Review by Maggie, age 14
Rating: 3 1/2 stars
Always was pretty good. I was surprised that Audrey is already in college though. Seems like we skipped out on a lot of her life. Otherwise, is was awsome!!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

After I read this reviewers comments in the other thread, I did plan on ignoring it, but then saw this. Just in case Nathan Ehnis is a lurker here, I have some comments for him (and have some for his other review too).
Nathan Ehnis wrote:Review from Nathan Ehnis, age 17
Rating: 1 star
Okayyyy and we thought this season couldn't get any worse after All-Star Witness! I guess the whole point of this ep was just to give us a final update on the Shepard family (what are the chances that we'll ever hear from them again?) and to send Aubrey off to colledge. I thought the family would just drop off the face of the earth like most "old" characters and families.
Wow. Talk about criticial my friend. You complained that the episode provided an update as to what the Shepards were up to. But you did not state why this was a problem. You didn't state what you didn't like about the plot, or the elements that made it a strong or weak episode.

No, I was wrong. You did state you didn't like Aubrey going to college. And why was this a problem?

As a college sophomore (and as you are 17, this should be applying to you too, and soon), this episode hit home. They handled it very well. The storyline was true to form, the emotions were real, the acting was good, and they didn't have wacky music to spoil it.

Unless you can provide a legitimate complaint, I will not consider that rather negative review legitimate.

-Jonathan
NateMaxwell
My posts are revolutionary

Post by NateMaxwell »

:boohoo: Im confused. just a few albums ago bethany is 6. (opprotunity knocks) and aubrey is a freshman (under the influence) Suddenly Bethany is acting like a mature drama queen and Aubrey is in college? I do agree that they are completely forgetting the shepards.