Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post Post subject: The Homeschooler's Union Newspaper
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:10 am 
mosenergetika.ru



Cash: Locked
Bank: Locked
Image

This is the HSU paper!


ToO Elections Run-down
by NatetheGreat

The third ToO elections have finished recently, and the majority of ToO citizens are pleased with the results, polls show. Jonathen and Evil Chick won the elections, and everyone seems pleased that a Blackgaard and a Bone of Wrath are in office. Here is a run-down of the teams that made it to the ballet:

1. Jonathen and Evil Chick, 53 votes, or 48.2% of the total number of votes.

Jonathen is a long time member and most noted for his membership in the Blackgaard Clan. He has a reputation for making insightful and wise posts. He is 6 ft tall, weighs around 220 lbs, has brown eyes, and extremely dark brown hair. He wears sandals all year dispite the cold climate he lives in, he has an adiction problem with music, he is a Lutheran, he can make guinea pig noises like a pro, his middle name is joshua, he has a nack for getting into "driving mishaps," he started listening to AIO after he was way out of the target age range, and he's our mayor!

Evil Chick is well known for being the "First Women in the Bones of Wrath." She has also created quite a dispute around her username, for almost 50% of the boards members thinks she should change it back to her previous "HappySmilier" username. Her real name is Heidi Marie, her favorite AIO character is Wooton, her favorite animal is the llama, she works as an English teacher, she is 16 years of age, she lives close to Hamburg, Germany, her favorite movie is the Lord of the Rings,she is the oldest of her family, she decorites her room in Amarican Flags and AIO, she has traveled the glob, visiting 14 differant countries, she loves the color pink, she hates chockolate, she's never been stung by a flying insect, she hates birthdays, she's afraid of heights, she loves AIO, and last but not least, she's our new CoP!

2. Eon Spitfire EK V2.exe and Sonuna Hydris, 26 votes, or 23.6% of the total number of votes.

EK and Sonuna had a comparably succseful campaign, and it was a shock to many of their supporters that JEC got more than double what the Triforce recieved.

3. Cowboy of Texas and gimp80995, 15 votes, or 13.6% of the total number of votes.

Cowboy of Texas and Gimp, dispite bad press coverage, came in 3rd in the election, with a little over half of what the Triforce recieved.

4. Wooton and Kenric, 10 votes, or 9.0% of the total number of votes.

Wooton and Kenric, surprisingly, managed to get 10 votes, even though they were the team last to start campaigning.

5. hakeber and mr.whit, 6 votes, or 5.5% of the total number of votes.

Hakeber and mr.whit only recieved a mere 5.5% of the vote, dispite mr.whit's newspaper bashing the other candidates.



_______________________________________________________________________________________

The Monthly Interview !
By Hakeber Image



This week we interviewed EC.

1) Congrats on your victory. How do you feel?
Thank you very much! I feel really happy. :D My initial reaction, when I first saw the results was that I totally flipped out! I couldn't believe that we had won, especially by that many votes! I also feel very honored that the citizens of the ToO trust me to run their board.

2) What do you plan to do with the ToO first?
Well, we already started doing things. The first change we made was moving some threads from FM to HH. Then, of course, we appointed the mods. Our next move is anyone's guess as of now. We have a couple of things we're working on, so it depends on which one we get done first.

3) Any goals?
To implement all of the points on our platform, and to have a lot of fun! :D

4) Do you miss the former admins Bmuntz and Catspaw?
We still have Catspaw. :D I don't know if I could really say that I miss them. Of course it's different being the one in charge, but it's also a ton of fun!

5) Why did you choose Johnathan as your running partner?
Because we've been friends since the TH, and I knew that he was someone I could trust, and I also knew that we shared similar viewpoints on many things.

Thank you Miss EC, the honorable COP.

Thanks for interviewing me! Let me know if you have any other questions!





_______________________________________________________________________________________

Joketime with Black Hawk Image !

Shocked President

Donald Rumsfeld gave the president his daily briefing. He concluded by saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed."

"OH NO!" the president exclaimed. "That's terrible!"

His staff was stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching as the president sat, his head in his hands.

Finally, the president looked up and asked, "Just how many is a brazillion?"



_______________________________________________________________________________________

HSU Facts

In this article, we decided not to have a story, but an update on the HSU!

Here in the HSU, we have a sub-forum. It's name is the classroom, and it's for all the official talk stuff. The main part is where we talk about Homeschooling. We currently have 28 topics in the main part. Here is a quite from one of our favorite topics, You Might Be a Homeschooler if:

Natethegreat wrote:
You come to school in your PJ's.

Your biology lab consists of assisting in your sibling's birth.

Your stacks of books to check out is taller than the librarian.

Your PE comes from chasing little toddlers around.

Your school bus is a 9 passenger van.

You consider school work after lunch to be cruel and unusual punishment.

Your father has ever told the check-out lady at Wal-mart, "We're on a field trip."

Your social life is viewed by some to be one rung lower than that of a Benedictine
monk.

Your teacher has ever written your report card on a napkin.

You have to move dirty laundry off your desk before your can start school.

The signatures on your diploma all end with the same last name.

Everyone else in the world is referred to as "Non-homies."

Your Mother's wardrobe consists primarily of denim jumpers.

Your first real date is on your honeymoon.

The word 'homework' sounds like a foreign language.

Your yearbook is also your baby book.

A snow day means that you shovel the driveway after you finish your schoolwork.

You enjoy the pastime of watching public school kids walk home from school.

You have to look at the clock to see if you can call your public school friends yet.

You think that public-school-kid is an insult of the highest degree.

Health class consists of eating breakfast.

You have to decide what year you want to graduate.

You are always late but just call it "homeschooler time."

You can remember nearly every single day you went to public school.

The teacher can kiss the principal, and no one thinks it's unusual.

You get to school and the teacher asks you if you've done all your chores.


Pretty funny, and most of it applies to us. Larry the Cow and STRYPER has a special calculation for all of you.

AIOFan11 wrote:
What is the actual percent of posts made on the ToO by Homeschoolera?


STRYPER wrote:
% = #in Homeschooler's Faction / Total members of the ToO


LarryTheCow wrote:
Actually it's #of posts by people in the homeschoolers union/total posts on the ToO *100

And the current percent of posts on the ToO by people in the homeschoolers union is(approximately): 23.3677% *clap,clap,clap* \:D/


A very interesting fact is that 70% of the Members of the HSU have been homeschooled all their life.

Join us again to find out more facts on the HSU and it's members.





___________________________________________________________


This paper is sponsored by The Homeschoolers Union and was written by Hakeber, NTG, and Blackhawk. Special thanks to Wooton for the amazing Banner! Click here to join this wonderous Faction http://thetoo.com/groupcp.php?g=416&sid ... 828f8daca9


Top
   
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:37 am 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
User avatar


Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am

Posts: 28195
Age: 33
Gender: Female

Cash: 6,145.59
Bank: 1,958.31
Very interesting! I had no idea that there were so many prolific posters in the Homeschoolers faction! =D>

EC, just so you know, hakeber's copying system made some smiley into the words "very happy," which I edited to :D. If it should have been a different one, feel free to change it!

NatetheGreat's article wrote:
She has also created quite a dispute around her username, for almost 50% of the boards members thinks she should change it back to her previous "HappySmilier" username.

This is somewhat misleading. :) About half of the people who voted in the poll she put up said that, which is far, far less than half the people on the ToO. :)

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:39 am 
mosenergetika.ru



Cash: Locked
Bank: Locked
Thanks for clearing that up, Catspaw. *Breathes a sigh of relief* :)


Top
   
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:02 pm 
Dungeon Master
User avatar


Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:00 am

Posts: 11208
Age: 32

Cash: 65.80
Bank: 933.17
Very nice paper^_^

Quote:
he has an adiction problem with music,


And that's a problem? ;)


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:33 pm 
Miss Whit's End
User avatar
Happily married to the love of my life :inlove:

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:07 pm

Posts: 10052
Age: 30
Gender: Female

Cash: 10.42
Bank: 0.00
Wow, great paper! NatetheGreat's article was especially interesting. He obviously did a lot of research, in fact I was very surprised to see so much information about myself there!

I do feel that I need to correct a couple of little mistakes, though.
NatetheGreat wrote:
Evil Chick is well known for being the "First Women in the Bones of Wrath." (Actually, I'm only one woman. ;))She has also created quite a dispute around her username, for almost 50% of the boards members thinks she should change it back to her previous "HappySmiler" username. (As Catspaw already pointed out, that is not entirely true.)Her real name is Heidi Marie, her favorite AIO character is Wooton, her favorite animal is the llama, she works as an English teacher, she is 16 years of age,(Actually, now I'm 17.) she lives close to Hamburg, Germany, her favorite movie is the Lord of the Rings, she is the oldest (child) of her family, she decorites her room in American Flags and AIO, she has traveled the globe, visiting 14 different countries, she loves the color pink, she hates chocolate, she's never been stung by a flying insect, she hates birthdays, (I actually said that I hate my birthdate. I do not dislike birthdays at all.)she's afraid of heights, she loves AIO, and last but not least, she's our new CoP!


Other than that, the article was excellent, NtG! I'm still amazed at the information you gathered! You obviously put a lot of work into the article. Keep up the good work!

_________________
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:34 pm 
mosenergetika.ru



Cash: Locked
Bank: Locked
Great issue, guys! =D>


Top
   
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:36 pm 
mosenergetika.ru



Cash: Locked
Bank: Locked
Evil Chick wrote:
Wow, great paper! NatetheGreat's article was especially interesting. He obviously did a lot of research, in fact I was very surprised to see so much information about myself there!

I do feel that I need to correct a couple of little mistakes, though.
NatetheGreat wrote:
Evil Chick is well known for being the "First Women in the Bones of Wrath." (Actually, I'm only one woman. ;))She has also created quite a dispute around her username, for almost 50% of the boards members thinks she should change it back to her previous "HappySmiler" username. (As Catspaw already pointed out, that is not entirely true.)Her real name is Heidi Marie, her favorite AIO character is Wooton, her favorite animal is the llama, she works as an English teacher, she is 16 years of age,(Actually, now I'm 17.) she lives close to Hamburg, Germany, her favorite movie is the Lord of the Rings, she is the oldest (child) of her family, she decorites her room in American Flags and AIO, she has traveled the globe, visiting 14 different countries, she loves the color pink, she hates chocolate, she's never been stung by a flying insect, she hates birthdays, (I actually said that I hate my birthdate. I do not dislike birthdays at all.)she's afraid of heights, she loves AIO, and last but not least, she's our new CoP!


Other than that, the article was excellent, NtG! I'm still amazed at the information you gathered! You obviously put a lot of work into the article. Keep up the good work!

Raises hand. I'm in the bones!


Top
   
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:50 am 
Younger than you
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:43 am

Posts: 7163
Gender: Female

Cash: 0.00
I really like the first article! Very nice!

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Homeschooler's Union Newspaper
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:56 am 
mosenergetika.ru



Cash: Locked
Bank: Locked
NatetheGreat wrote:

Here is a run-down of the teams that made it to the ballet:



*Bursts into fits of laughter* Ballet?


Top
   
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:21 am 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:14 pm

Posts: 2120
Gender: Male

Cash: 8.50
Bank: 75.14
Despite all of the typos and grammatical mistakes, I enjoyed this issue very much :). (I'd be happy to proofread it for you guys next time :anxious:..)


Top
  Offline Profile Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:38 pm 
Got Pancakes?
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:08 am

Posts: 4426
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash: 295.90
Bank: 0.00
Yes, I know, I know. I forgot to do a spellcheck on my article before I submitted it. #-o

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Homeschooler's Union Newspaper
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:43 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
User avatar


Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am

Posts: 28195
Age: 33
Gender: Female

Cash: 6,145.59
Bank: 1,958.31
hakeber wrote:
NatetheGreat wrote:

Here is a run-down of the teams that made it to the ballet:



*Bursts into fits of laughter* Ballet?

"Ballet" would have made it through a spell check because it really is a word - it just isn't the work you meant to use. "Ballot" is what you meant, NatetheGreat. :)

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Homeschooler's Union Newspaper
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:19 pm 
Got Pancakes?
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:08 am

Posts: 4426
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash: 295.90
Bank: 0.00
Catspaw wrote:
hakeber wrote:
NatetheGreat wrote:

Here is a run-down of the teams that made it to the ballet:



*Bursts into fits of laughter* Ballet?

"Ballet" would have made it through a spell check because it really is a word - it just isn't the work you meant to use. "Ballot" is what you meant, NatetheGreat. :)


Besides the fact she could have edited it before she posted the newspaper... :anxious:

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:20 pm 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:14 pm

Posts: 2120
Gender: Male

Cash: 8.50
Bank: 75.14
NatetheGreat wrote:
Yes, I know, I know. I forgot to do a spellcheck on my article before I submitted it. #-o
Spell Check hardly ever works because it lets lots of mistakes slide by. And you weren't the only one...


Top
  Offline Profile Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Homeschooler's Union Newspaper
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:50 am 
mosenergetika.ru



Cash: Locked
Bank: Locked
NatetheGreat wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
hakeber wrote:
NatetheGreat wrote:

Here is a run-down of the teams that made it to the ballet:



*Bursts into fits of laughter* Ballet?

"Ballet" would have made it through a spell check because it really is a word - it just isn't the work you meant to use. "Ballot" is what you meant, NatetheGreat. :)


Besides the fact she could have edited it before she posted the newspaper... :anxious:


Haha! Ijust got it! Edited......editor! Good one, NTG! :hilarious:


Top
   
      
 Post Post subject: Re: The Homeschooler's Union Newspaper
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:12 am 
Got Pancakes?
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:08 am

Posts: 4426
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash: 295.90
Bank: 0.00
Wooton wrote:
NatetheGreat wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
hakeber wrote:
NatetheGreat wrote:

Here is a run-down of the teams that made it to the ballet:



*Bursts into fits of laughter* Ballet?

"Ballet" would have made it through a spell check because it really is a word - it just isn't the work you meant to use. "Ballot" is what you meant, NatetheGreat. :)


Besides the fact she could have edited it before she posted the newspaper... :anxious:


Haha! Ijust got it! Edited......editor! Good one, NTG! :hilarious:


Right. :)

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
The site is in no way affiliated with Focus on the Family. "Adventures in Odyssey" is the registered trademark of Focus on the Family.