Breaking News

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Bmuntz wrote:No it's not. You might be thinking of Issac the Violent . :-s
Is that even an episode? Isaac the Benevolent is not on an album, it is a remake of Do Unto Others which was pulled because of Officer Harley.
dforry
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by dforry »

"Isaac the Benevolent", "The Trouble with Girls" and "An Act of Mercy" used to be on Album 1. When the Gold Album 1 came out, those three episode were replaced with three other unreleased episodes, "A Member of the Family, Part 1", "A Member of the Family, Part 2" and "A Change of Hart". "An Act of Mercy" was included in Gold Album 8 but the other two episodes didn't make it into any of the 15 Gold Albums. I'm glad they are putting them in to Lost Album since the original Album 1 isn't easy to find other than on ebay. I agree that "You Go To School Where?" should be included on the Album. I hope they add some of the missing episodes as MP3's.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

dforry wrote:"The Adventure of the Adventure" was included as an MP3 in Gold Album Vol. 8
OK, thanks. :) I didn't have time to research all the Gold Audio stuff.
Mandy Straussberg wrote:Addictions Can Be Habit Forming (Or is that included elsewhere?)
That show includes Officer Harley so I'm sure it won't be included in a "lost album" unless they include all the Harley shows. I've heard this one and it's pretty bad. The acting is subpar--one character sounds like she's reading her lines the whole time. So it wouldn't even be a popular choice among Harley eps.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

was it one of Mike Trout's daughters ? 2 of them were on that episode.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jimmy Barclay wrote:was it one of Mike Trout's daughters ? 2 of them were on that episode.
I was trying to be polite by not naming the actress. :)
map
Found

Post by map »

Thanks a lot for the news and all the updates. I'm like everyone else, very excited about it, but sad that we have to wait a whole year before it comes out.
Isaac The True Friend plays at Oneplace on the 22nd, so atleast I don't have to wait until January 07 for that one.
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

All,

Just so you know, here are the episodes that will STILL be unreleased even after the Lost Episodes come out. Some of them can't be included for various reasons.

STILL UNRELEASED:
55: Auld Land Syne (End of first year retrospective, never released)
85: “You Go To School Where?” (Never released)
215: Caroling, Caroling (Released as single and on Christmas album, but never in regular album.)
370, 371: Christmas Around the World, Parts I & II (Released as a single, but never on an album)
435, 436: A Look Back, Parts I & II (End of millennium retrospective, never released)
434: BTV: Redeeming the Season (Released on six-episode Christmas album, never on a “regular” release)
439: BTV: Grace (Never released)
438b: The Telltale Cat (Split) (Never released)
442b: Sticks and Stones (Split) (Never released)
444a: Career Moves (Split) (Never released)
500: 500 (In an individual package, but never on an album.)
501: Inside the Studio (Never released)

And of course all the Officer Harley episodes:
3: Lights Out at Whit's End
9: Doing Unto Others
11: Addiction Can be Habit-Forming
13: Bobby's Valentine
14: Missed It By That Much
21: The Case of the Missing Train Car
23: The Quality of Mercy
24: Gotcha!
25: Harley Takes the Case, Part I
26: Harley Takes the Case, Part II
70: The Return of Harley, Part I
71: The Return of Harley, Part II

What would be the interest if we put a few of these episodes on the Lost Episodes in Windows Media format, like we have with other Gold Audio releases? Perhaps in some sort of "unreleased archive"? I'm thinking that we should maybe have A Look Back, 500, and Inside the Studio (the retrospective shows).

I'm not promising this yet. Just asking what you think. :)

Nathan
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I like the idea of putting those three eps in as a 'bonus'. I've heard all of them, and think they are definately worth listening to.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have never heard any of these episodes. Even doing another "Lost" album would be fantastic, or having them on an upcoming album in either MP3 or WMA.
map
Found

Post by map »

I would love to see ALL the episode release. If you put all the Harley episodes on a cd not everyone has to buy them if they didn't like them. I'm relatively new to the series and have never heard them. My plan of course is to collect all the episodes that I can, so anytime nonreleased ones come out, I'm all for it! I think its a great idea. I also would love to see more in mp3 format in the ga's if not in all their own. I'd purchase more "Lost Albums" to complete my collection
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

I'm just really confused about "You Go to School Where" and "BTV:Grace"
Why not include these?
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I'd love to see a few additional episodes on there in .wma, .mp3, or whatever. Just makes the album even more of a must-have.
map
Found

Post by map »

What would be awesome is if when they re-release an updated complete guide to Odyssey Book they have the extreme collectors edition and they release the previously unreleased episodes with it. They could call it the Extreme Odyssey Boxed Collectors Edition and Guide. (Something like that)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Include as many eps as you can! :D

Although I hate it when they're in WMA format instead of MP3... :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I would welcome the opportunity to purchase these unreleased eps in any format in any way, whether that means as another "Lost" album or as bonus features elsewhere. :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Chandler wrote:Include as many eps as you can! :D

Although I hate it when they're in WMA format instead of MP3... :anxious:
I agree. I used to hate WMA until I bought several CD players that will play both MP3 and WMA. I keep one in my car and the rest at home, it works great.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

map wrote:What would be awesome is if when they re-release an updated complete guide to Odyssey Book they have the extreme collectors edition and they release the previously unreleased episodes with it. They could call it the Extreme Odyssey Boxed Collectors Edition and Guide. (Something like that)
Speaking of which, when is that coming out?
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Sometime next year, I believe.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Whenever the 20th Anniversary is. :-s I am sure we will hear about it when it gets sooner. :-$
Nathan Hoobler
AIO Writer

Post by Nathan Hoobler »

Flyah wrote:I'm just really confused about "You Go to School Where" and "BTV:Grace." Why not include these?
"You Go to School Where?" just isn't accurate about home-schooling any more. We've gotten letters about it before and probably would again. It's still available on single cassette/CD from Focus, though.

BTV: Grace is apparently rather offensive to Amish people so we decided not to release it. Also, we figured people would rather have many of the "old" unreleased than the "new" unreleased.
Chandler wrote: Although I hate it when they're in WMA format instead of MP3...
We'd all rather they be in MP3 rather than WMA. However, there are legal issues with the MP3 format itself. We'd have to pay a pecentage fee for any product that is released with MP3s on it. So, we have to stick with WMA, which is currently a "free" format. (You will notice, though, that we've switched to MP3 at WhitsEnd.org since we give the previews away for free.)