588: "Broken-Armed & Dangerous"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How good was it?

5 Stars
30%
4 Stars
41%
3 Stars
16%
2 Stars
11%
1 Star
3%

Total votes: 37

Jonathan
Dungeon Master

588: "Broken-Armed & Dangerous"

Post by Jonathan »

Post your reviews on Sat \:D/
Last edited by Jonathan on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

Probably will listen to it tonight, when I can.
I hope it will be good!
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I voted three this morning, but after listening to it again, I think I'd rate it a four now. 'Twas an interesting show. It had lots of great lines, and Eugene was being himself, definately. Connie did really good, It really felt like her today. Marvin and Tamika were great today as well. The only thing I didn't like was Mrs. Sutton. Is it just me, or is she really annoying? ;) Also, there was all this talk about a party for Connie's mom, and we never hear June talk or anything.. Anyway, That's just my $0.02.
...I hate marquees.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

You have 4 stars instead of 5 stars on the top.

I gave it 4 stars. I thought it was well done and good. I enjoyed it. Always nice to see Connie and Eugene. I wish they had said the mayor's name.
AIOaddict1988
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AIOaddict1988 »

I liked it, and I gave it four stars. Did they use a different actor for Marvin though? He sounded really different than normal...almost like the guy who played Xavier, but not quite...
- Sean
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Jimmy Barclay wrote:You have 4 stars instead of 5 stars on the top.
And now there's two 5's. Somethings wrong with the poll, and that's the best I can fix it.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

o well, its all good. :D
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

listening now
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I gave this episode 4 stars. \:D/

I thought there was some very funny lines in it, and I enjoyed Eugene and Connie's interaction. Once again though, there is no sign of or mention of Katrina, which seems very odd for a married couple to me. :-k I also enjoyed Mrs. Sutton hanging around Whit - very funny since I just recently listened to Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. :lol:
I didn't like the doctor - she seemed quite touchy, and I don't think a real doctor would act like that. It seems like she would be used to people thinking they know more than a doctor, and she would just put up with it instead of potentially losing a patient from her rude behavior. :?

Anyway, it was very enjoyable and I'll enjoy listening to it again!

Funniest line:
Tamika(I think): You made Eugene cry?!
Eugene: TEARY!!! No - MOIST! Nothing wrong with moist eyes - they keep the lid from sticking!
:hilarious:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Tamika

Post by Tamika »

I gave this episode 4 star Great! I didn't know that Connie made Eugene cry! :cry: She sounded so snobby in the flash back though, I was like is that Connie? She sure has come a long way from when she first became a christian. :baby:
underdogfan710
Pilgrim

Post by underdogfan710 »

GREAT to hear Connie and Eugene arguing again. =D> I was like, "Connie, don't you see? You're acting just like Eugene." Turned out she was trying to prove that exact point... boy, did I feel stupid! #-o

And while it's pretty hard to argue with "There's nothing wrong with moist eyes... etc." for funniest line, I found another great one:

"Eugene, my arm's feeling much better now. In fact, it's feeling so good I think I could clobber you! Would you please just GO?"

:hilarious:
God promises a safe landing, not smooth passage.

:shocking: + :jester: = :mad:
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I gave it 5 stars. I thought it was great! Very funny, too. \:D/ I liked how Connie got her point across to Eugene. :D
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I gave it a three becasue i only heard a little bit becasue I got home from a friends house when it was half over and it was strange.I know that connie broke her arm and that Eugene was trying very hard to help her in all ways,but I still didn't get it.I liked it though.It was good,i guess.
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

I don't know...my dad didn't like it that much...but he said he likes the more adventurous ones better (of course) I liked it though! Not the best, but pretty good. Of course Mrs. Sutton would be annoying she's the same voice as Felicia! Not that the person playing them is annoying, just their voice. I thought Mrs. Sutton added a very silly/funny taste to a good odyssey...She wasn't necessary but it's not like it was bad because she was in it. And I agree with underdogfan710 it was good to hear them arguing again (if arguing is ever good!) and I thought the same thing about Connie doing the same thing as Eugene! No, I'll say again I doubt that Marvin is a different voice. Yes, he sounds a bit more like Xavier, I'll agree but how old is he? 8th grade? I just think his voice is changing and they weren't recording new ones while it was (like with Jimmy) they took a break right when it started and when he came back it was different. That would be my speculation.

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Mrs. Sutton is not played by the same person as Felicia, I don't think. :) I don't think they sound that much the same, and I think that Felcia was played by Kat Kreseda (sp?) who was not credited at the end of this ep.

I thought that having Mrs. Sutton around was rather amusing! :lol: Poor Whit. ;) I enjoyed the episode overall - it was interesting, it was nice to see Connie working on her book again, and Eugene's dedication to Connie, and his attempt to help out the unfortunate doctor, was fun. :D
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I give this ep 4 stars. It was another great slice-of-life ep, which is exactly the kind I really want to hear right now.

I thought that it was a little weird that Whit said that he wanted to tell "everyone who comes in" about Tamika's kindness to her brother. I just don't think that that's the kind of thing Whit would say.

It was absolutely great to hear Connie and Eugene go at it again. They're just great! :lol:

If it was Connie's mom's birthday party, why were all of those old-sounding ladies there? I mean, she's not that old, is she? Or, maybe she is... I don't know. Age is practically non-existant in Odyssey...

Mrs. Sutton was, imo, a bit out of place in this ep. I never liked her anyway, but in this episode it seemed like she was just squeezed in very unnecissarily. (I know, I slaughtered the spelling of that last word, but I can't think right now. :()
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

2 stars. IMHO, the plot was waaaay over-done, and the whole "sweet-on-Whit" was reeeeaaaally annoying... Just MHO.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

I think the parts with Mrs. Sutton were absolutely disgusting. I mean, this is supposed to be a Christian radio show for children. And we're talking about a married woman trying to be romantic with Whit?! Why wouldn't Whit get a restraining order on her? Why would he even allow her in his shop??? I mean, shouldn't he have at the very least told her that what she was doing was inappropriate and that she must stop???!

This episode definitely needs to go into the garbage can--and never be aired again or sold or put into an album. Ever.

There is no excuse for something like that to have ever reached the airwaves.

Jeremy
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Jeremy wrote:I think the parts with Mrs. Sutton were absolutely disgusting. I mean, this is supposed to be a Christian radio show for children. And we're talking about a married woman trying to be romantic with Whit?! Why wouldn't Whit get a restraining order on her? Why would he even allow her in his shop??? I mean, shouldn't he have at the very least told her that what she was doing was inappropriate and that she must stop???!

This episode definitely needs to go into the garbage can--and never be aired again or sold or put into an album. Ever.

Jeremy
Uhh I thought she was widowed.... :-s
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

JesusFreak777 wrote:
Jeremy wrote:I think the parts with Mrs. Sutton were absolutely disgusting. I mean, this is supposed to be a Christian radio show for children. And we're talking about a married woman trying to be romantic with Whit?! Why wouldn't Whit get a restraining order on her? Why would he even allow her in his shop??? I mean, shouldn't he have at the very least told her that what she was doing was inappropriate and that she must stop???!

Jeremy
Uhh I thought she was widowed.... :-s
I don't think they ever said. Did they?