What's your hardest song?

For those that play instruments

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Mary had a Little Lamb.. :<
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Chandler wrote:
Barely Is wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Barely Is wrote:Karin's sight-reading skills are sickening good. :noway: Don't let her fool you, even though she's only had lessons for a year, she plays MUCH better than I do, and I've had lessons since I was seven. \:D/
*is horribly jealous* :sick:

I'm a terrible sight reader! :noway:
You're not the only one. I've never been able to sight read. :(
Maybe we should start a faction for bad sight readers. :(
Most definitely I would join. ;)
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

Barely Is wrote:Karin's sight-reading skills are sickening good. :noway: Don't let her fool you, even though she's only had lessons for a year, she plays MUCH better than I do, and I've had lessons since I was seven. \:D/
Well, Barely Is, Emily said most of it is practice. \:D/ For instance, if I practiced more, I could probably be able to do better at playing by ear.
Linne

Post by Linne »

Karin wrote:
Well, Barely Is, Emily said most of it is practice. \:D/ For instance, if I practiced more, I could probably be able to do better at playing by ear.

>_> I still can't play by ear, or sight-read. And I've ben playing for what, eight years now? There has to be some talent there first. \:D/
Gabriella Syme
Lurker
Location: Most likely in a book set somewhere in Britain . . .

Post by Gabriella Syme »

Ick--I've got a piano exam tomorrow morning, and this thread has just reminded me. Ick. Again.

I'm playing four pieces (plus evil technique things) and shall die. The Scarlatti minuet will go well, as it is very straightforward--for one of his anyhow. I dare say the "Pavane pour une Infante defunte" shan't go too badly either, since I'm allowed to have the sheet music for that one. If I can get past the hideously beautiful third page all shall be well. But Haydn's Sonata in E minor might kill me: no matter how hard I shove it into my brain, it still seeps out somehow. And not through the fingers, unfortunately. My teacher says I'm going too fast for my brain to keep up, but playing in front of people makes me play fast. Oh well. And Rachmaninoff's "Polinchelle" is not my friend either. I love it to death, but unfortunately the feeling is mutual. Drat tiny hands! *tries to end rant*

Oh well. 'Tis the last year I can take the exam anyhow. One oughtn't get so bothered about such things. Okay. I'm fine now. Perhaps.
'[Courage is] a strong desire to live taking the form of a readiness to die.' G. K. Chesterton
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I hope it all goes well for you, Emily! \:D/
Tyrell
No way I broke the window

Post by Tyrell »

Mine is Awesome God........:(
~S~
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

At the moment, Rondo Capriccioso by Mendelssohn is my hardest piece. However, that shows signs of changing...
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

Harvest Festival is one of my hardest songs right now. (It's a barn dance.) It has a lot of those chord thingies where you have the three or more notes that you play each note in the chord separately but fast. (I'm sorry, I know that's not a good explanation, but I forget what those chords are called!) Anyway, there's a lot of those chords right in a row, and I have trouble relaxing my wrist when I come to that part in the song. So, yeah, I have a lot of work to do on that song! :roll:
Iverkid
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Iverkid »

well i don't play much because i am still learning the guitar but right now my hardest is "empty apartment" by yellowcard. sad i know since it is a pretty easy song to play.
Iverkid
Pray for Sri Lanka.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Schubert piano sonata in c minor. I don't know if it's my most difficult, but it has its moments, so to speak.
ichthuz
My posts are revolutionary

Post by ichthuz »

i probably learned most of it a couple of months ago, and still havent been able 2 tap in on his speed.

you were able to learn it?????
haha

right now im trying to learn crazy train by ozzy ozbourne!
(im not a goth or nething just appreciate insane guitarists)
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

"She'll be Coming around the Mountain when she Comes" on the Banjo... Pretty much just started playing it...

-Robo
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

ichthuz wrote:
i probably learned most of it a couple of months ago, and still havent been able 2 tap in on his speed.

you were able to learn it?????
haha

right now im trying to learn crazy train by ozzy ozbourne!
(im not a goth or nething just appreciate insane guitarists)
i can play that. the whole thing. except for this little insane riff in the middle. do you buy guitarworld magazines? well if you do, then you probably havethe issue devoted to Rhandy Rhoads (ozzys former guitarist) in that issue, it has a video on how to play crazy train, and the tab for it. pm me. i want to talk to you!

Ryan

Ryan
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Everything...I'm still learning.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

Robo wrote:"She'll be Coming around the Mountain when she Comes" on the Banjo... Pretty much just started playing it...

-Robo

You play the banjo? That's a really cool instrument! My brother plays the banjo.
ichthuz
My posts are revolutionary

Post by ichthuz »

l4m....no i dont get guitar world.... can you semd me that video?
Whoever voted for the Continental Breakfast Club should be taken outside and bea-- um.... shaken. - Continental Admiral
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

ichthuz wrote:l4m....no i dont get guitar world.... can you semd me that video?
i will sometime yes

u can get really good tabs at http://www.ultimate-guitar.com

Ryan :D