Day Light Savings Time

Remember...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Manda
Someone's favorite

Day Light Savings Time

Post by Manda »

...spring ahead, fall back. O:)
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

If I can pull it off, we're going to have Spring forward TWICE tonight in this house........I've successfully pulled it off before but I still have the problem of all the computers in the house.........when I did it before there was only one computer in the house and I had access to it, so changing the time on it wasn't a problem.

Currently there are 4 computers in the house that I don't have access to.......so if they're locked, I can't get on and change the time on them. That could be worked around since I know I usually can be on the computer, but still look up at a wall clock when I want to know what time it is........also I have the prolem of wrist watches that I won't be able to change the times for.

And the whole thing would work only for a few hours anyway, so it really might not be needed to change computer clocks too.

*attempts to look as innocent as humanly possible*

Nah, the more I think it over, I don't have the opportunity to be successful at it this time.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

How can you spring forward twice? And for all the weekend for this to possibly happen, this was a bad one as I haven't slept much lately.

-Jonathan
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I haven't slept much, either Jonathan. Too many late nights . . . not enough hours of unconsciousness. ](*,)

I always look forward to church the Sunday on which Daylight Savings occurs. You sometimes wonder if you'll arrive at an empty building.
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

itll probably be that people arrive early this time
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Really? :-k I would think certain people might forget to set their clocks forward and, hence, arrive at church late. *shrug*
Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

:-k :-k ohh yeah
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Well, I know what I'll be doing before bed tonight. I had forgotten all about it. ](*,)
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

YES! Spring is finally here...*does strange elf-like hop-type-thing*

Walking to church today was certainly a pleasant experience. Well. Actually. It would have been if we hadn't been running like crazy to get there in time. *sigh*
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

In the U.S., clocks change at 2 am local time. In Spring, clocks spring forward from 1:59 am to 3 am; in Fall, clocks fall back from 1:59 am to 1 am. In the EU, clocks change at 1 am Universal Time. In Spring, clocks spring forward from 12:59 am to 2 am; in Fall, clocks fall back from 1:59 am to 1 am.

In the U.S., the changeover time was chosen to be 2 am, when most people are at home and, originally, the time when the fewest trains were running. This is practical and minimizes disruption. It is late enough to minimally affect bars and restaurants, and prevent the day from switching to yesterday (which would be confusing). It is early enough that the entire continental U.S. has switched by daybreak, and the changeover occurs before most early shift workers and early churchgoers (particularly on Easter).
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

It's actually really cool, because I don't even have to worry about daylight savings time this year! My mom and I flew to the States for two weeks, and while we were there last week, Germany went on daylight savings time, while the US didn't. Now the US is going on it, and we are here, and we just skipped it all together! :-D Yay!
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Darn us losing an hour, where am I gonna fit it that extra hour of needed sleep you may ask? Sunday afternoon nap!
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Yeah, I went to bed at 1 AM and remembered I lost a hour, darn it. #-o
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Sadly I didn't get the opportunity to do Spring forward twice...........didn't really think I would do so anyway, but it was a thought.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I woke up around 6 this morning and saw that it was still dark, then remembered the time change. I got half the clocks changed last night and did the rest this morning.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

heh-heh, I got up at 5:45 yesterday and I didn't get to bed until 1:30 last night. with the time change and all, our family stayed home from church.
I was the first persom to get up, and I got up at 10:00.. :-({|=
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Elf of Rivendell wrote:Walking to church today was certainly a pleasant experience. Well. Actually. It would have been if we hadn't been running like crazy to get there in time. *sigh*
It was a nice walk for me as well. Of course I didn't wake up til the service started #-o

-Jonathan
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Elf of Rivendell wrote:YES! Spring is finally here...*does strange elf-like hop-type-thing*

Walking to church today was certainly a pleasant experience. Well. Actually. It would have been if we hadn't been running like crazy to get there in time. *sigh*
I walk to church sometimes too. How far is it for you? It's about two miles for me, from my house to church.

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Ok my time schedule is so messed. I am incredibly tired and i just woke up from a nap. I slept for a large portion of today and am still exhausted. It may be because of my intense hockey game, but I dont think that is it. I just want to go to sleep right now but I can't I have to do something very important. I really could have used that hour but no they had to take it away from me. Maybe I ll get over maybe I wont. Lets hope I do. Thanks for reading.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

^Your welcome :)
OrigamiKid wrote:[I walk to church sometimes too. How far is it for you? It's about two miles for me, from my house to church.

~OrigamiKid
I know you weren't asking me, but I'm answering anyways. For me it's not far, a quick five minute walk.

-Jonathan