Your Favorite Chick-Flick?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Elgian
Fourscore and seven

Your Favorite Chick-Flick?

Post by Elgian »

Okay, girls (or guys O:)), what's your favorite chick-flick? And why?

Also, if you could write/rewrite a chick-flick, what would you want to include/change?
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

You may want to post about that here,
here!
:D \:D/
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

danadelfos wrote:You may want to post about that here,
here!
Thanks for finding that thread, danadelfos, but since it hasn't been posted on in 4 months, I think that a new one is fine, especially since it has a new twist to it. :) Most people who posted in the old one probably have no idea what they said (myself included ;)) and a lot of people have joined since then too.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Catspaw wrote:
danadelfos wrote:You may want to post about that here,
here!
Thanks for finding that thread, danadelfos, but since it hasn't been posted on in 4 months, I think that a new one is fine, especially since it has a new twist to it. :) Most people who posted in the old one probably have no idea what they said (myself included ;)) and a lot of people have joined since then too.
I should have noticed that #-o #-o thank you. :D \:D/
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Elgian
Fourscore and seven

Post by Elgian »

and a lot of people have joined since then too.
Including me. :) I wondered if there was an old one, but I didn't look back further than a page or two. Thanks for the info.

I'm actually not that huge a fan of chick-flicks myself (sure, I like Kate & Leopold, Ever After, and Pride & Prejudice), but I had an idea for maybe writing one recently. I just wanted to know what everyone else especially likes about chick-flicks, or what 'makes' a chick-flick for them.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

oh mercy, I love so many of them it's hard to choose! But Sleepless in Seattle is one of my all-time favorites. Why? Well, Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks are awesome as co-stars. The references to "Affair to Remember" which was an awesome movie except Meg doesn't get a spinal cord injury in this film, which is a nice happy twist. (sorry if that ruined it for anyone who has yet to see this movie). The kids are cute, Seattle is great...umm...what's not to like? Winter must be awfully cold for those with no warm memories. sniff sniff. you learn how to fall in love in a movie too, which is a great skill.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Return to Me is a movie I really like. I hate how sad the first part of the movie makes me though. And I'd write in more kissing. :D
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

Laws of Attraction and Kate and Leopold are my favorites. (My pastor absolutely adores Cinderella Man, but I have yet to see that one. He's basically assigned it to me as homework, though.)

If I could change anything about a chick flick, the first thing that comes to mind is Kate and Leopold. The part where he gets in bed with her (nothing bad!) really bothered me because his character would never have done that and would have been completely appalled. And when he kissed her, I wasn't too happy, but not quite as outraged as the other scene.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:Return to Me is a movie I really like. I hate how sad the first part of the movie makes me though. And I'd write in more kissing. :D
Good movie. Especially, I like the part when she passes the guy by and her heart reacts. Kinda brings up thoughts of organ donation, obviously , i guess....I wonder what my organs will do after I die.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

I like Return to Me, While You were Sleeping, First Knight....I can't think of my favorite chic-flick! I basically love them all....Just Like Heaven was really good!

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Mandy Straussberg wrote:(My pastor absolutely adores Cinderella Man, but I have yet to see that one. He's basically assigned it to me as homework, though.)
Don't think that's a chick-flick..

Mandy Straussberg wrote:And when he kissed her, I wasn't too happy, but not quite as outraged as the other scene.

Mandy
and what was wrong with him kissing her? A real person from his time period wouldn't have?
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I like Lorna Doone, but I would love to take out some of the kissing and make the costume designers add more material to the tops of the ladies dresses!
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

What Women Want

We watched The Phantom Of The Opera a little while ago, and all throughout we were pointing out where we woulda killed "the boyfriend" as we called him. I started that. Kept pointing out where I would make him die and then a new boyfriend would prance in, than die too. We ran through about thirty of them. That's how I'd've made it. A chick flick/horror/comedy/spoof/remake.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Evangeline Doyle
I've been here a bit

Post by Evangeline Doyle »

*sigh* I love chick flicks... :D

Some of my favorites are:
The Sound of Music
While You Were Sleeping
The Phantom of the Opera
Anne of Green Gables
Pride & Prejudice
Ever After
The Princess Diaries
Return To Me
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
You've Got Mail
Just Like Heaven
Legally Blonde

And there's many more, but I'm getting choked up just thinking about the sweetness of all of them. :inlove:
God Bless America!
~Evangeline
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:Don't think that's a chick-flick...
Well, based on what he got out of it, it is. But he tends to pull strange things out of movies.

Jennifer Doyle wrote:and what was wrong with him kissing her? A real person from his time period wouldn't have?
You know what, I didn't live during that period and I don't have a lot of knowledge about it. But I don't think he would have after the little amount of time he'd known her. It just didn't seem to fit his character.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Elgian
Fourscore and seven

Post by Elgian »

Cinderella Man has a lot of family values and Jim sacrifices himself for his wife and children repeatedly, but it's not a 'chick-flick' in the traditional sense. I think it would be commonly catagorized as a drama.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Some more of my favorites are:

Little Women (the version with Janet Leigh and June Allyson, and the version with Trini Alvarado and Winona Ryder)

Love Comes Softly

Love's Enduring Promise

Love's Long Journey
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Mandy Straussberg wrote:
Jennifer Doyle wrote:and what was wrong with him kissing her? A real person from his time period wouldn't have?
You know what, I didn't live during that period and I don't have a lot of knowledge about it. But I don't think he would have after the little amount of time he'd known her. It just didn't seem to fit his character.

Mandy
Good point.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I don't have any "favorites." I've seen a lot though. :-k

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
ichthuz
My posts are revolutionary

Post by ichthuz »

pride and predudice
Whoever voted for the Continental Breakfast Club should be taken outside and bea-- um.... shaken. - Continental Admiral