594: "A Time for Action Part I"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How many stars?

5 *****
54%
4 ****
38%
3 ***
8%
2 **
No votes
1 *
No votes

Total votes: 24

Me
An original

594: "A Time for Action Part I"

Post by Me »

Discuss on Saturday! \:D/
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I thought it was really sweet...both storylines were. :D Eugene was so sweet and sincere! \:D/ *twitters over Eugene* I do hope that they resolve this Eugene's parents thing in part two...or it's going to get awfully drawn out. (Don't make us wait, AIO!)
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

I loved it. I gave it 5 stars.
I hope Eugene finds his parents.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I really enjoyed this episode. Like everyone else I hope AIO does not keep us waiting and resolves the mystery quickly. I kind of wish we could have heard from Katrina since she was with Eugene in Africa when he first discovered the clues to his father. 5 stars. =D>
lindawn
Just visiting

Post by lindawn »

I'm wondering how the homeless guy fits into the story. Do you think Eugene's father is in a mental institution somewhere? If you recall, at the end of the last story we heard about Eugene searching for his father, his father was speaking. It sounded as if he were being checked in at some place. I hate not knowing what's going to happen! Apparently good stories are the ones that will leave a person in suspense, and can't wait to hear the next part!
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

5 stars. It was great
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
lindawn
Just visiting

Post by lindawn »

Speaking of Katrina, where is she? I thought Eugene got married, but she is hardly EVER mentioned. What's up with that? It seems that Eugene would at least make reference to her in his conversations, but he totally ignores her! I wish Katrina would be on more stories.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

lindawn wrote:Speaking of Katrina, where is she? I thought Eugene got married, but she is hardly EVER mentioned. What's up with that? It seems that Eugene would at least make reference to her in his conversations, but he totally ignores her! I wish Katrina would be on more stories.
I know, I've been wondering the same thing. I know that people have complained about the new actress playing her, but even if she is not available they should at least mention her. The way Eugene talks now it is like he never married.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

^ That's exactly what I was thinking.

I enjoyed it, and gave it 4 stars. :) I can't wait til next week to hear the conclusion! \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

I LOVED it! :D I cannot wait until next week. I think that Eugene will find his dad next week because Chris said that it was the season finale next week. I don't know what happened to Katrina either, but today when Eugene's foster mother said "isn't that wife of yours feeding you?" they mentioned her (obviously!)

I don't know...I really like Katrina but it seemed that not only did they get a new actress they gave her an entire new personality. I wouldn't mind the new actress so much if Katrina was still Katrina. I felt like when they got married by her fathers bedside he married the real Katrina Shanks but when the had their wedding for the people in odyssey he was marrying a completely different person! :-k In the episode where Eugene is working in his garage labratory she was just like "just don't mess anything up" when she would more likely have been saying "do you need any help" Okay, that's just my thoughts on Katrina ;)

All in all I loved "A Time for Action" 5 stars.

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Very nice episode! It ended too soon, though... :( I can't wait to hear the conclusion next week! \:D/
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Hmm...since the two-part episodes focus on both Eugene and Grady's stories, that means next week probably only 15 minutes will be focused on Eugene's search, in order to give Grady his time. It would almost make sense that the guy in the park was Leonard M., but that would be too easy. Plus there's got to be more answers about the train wreck. And where Leonard was at the end of the last show. And why he said he "had no children." And even though the questions about the forgotten relative and tragic wreck were answered, what about the spy agency? So...I don't see how this can be wrapped up by next week. To fit that all in, while also answering all the questions that were raised at the end of this episode, it would feel like a very rushed episode! In fact, I almost hope that it isn't solved next week. I was thinking about it, and it seems odd that AIO would use a three-part episode to kick this story arc off, and then over the course of the next seven months, would only have three more episodes about L.M. I mean, the Connie and Mitch series lasted fifteen episodes after the Novacom stories were over. And the story of Eugene's past has been a mystery since he first arrived on the show. I would also love another "cliff-hanger" ending, like Breaking Point in the Novacom saga. It would get me more excited about next season.

Anyway...enough rambling. I gave this ep. 4 stars. I usually like the second part of 2-part episodes better, so I expect next week to receive 5 from me. No matter what happens, I'm very excited for next week! =D>
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I gave it a three. I guess I wouldn't call it that good since I didn't really get it. It was interesting, but I stil don't get the spy agency in Chicago. I hope they clear that up in the 2nd part. Love, RM.
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Should I wait fo rpart 2 to listen?
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

[quote="mr.whit"]Should I wait fo rpart 2 to listen?[/quote]

You probably won't get it then. There is a lot of talk about Eugene's father and an accident in an African country in the first part. I was just not listening well enough. It was almost midnight and I was tired from the long car ride and I was looking at ToO stuff, or it may have been a fanfiction story, but I don't remember.
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

When does the 2nd come out?
Sorry guys, I lost internet. Hope to see you again soon!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

Yay! I predicted the end too! :D
Sorry guys, I lost internet. Hope to see you again soon!
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Random tangential comment.
This episode makes me want to write alternate-history fanfic. AREM probably wouldn't exist as Justine would still be alive in a world sans-RWS (unless Andromeda chose to use another avenue). Regis may have succeeded, depending on whether or not Jason connected Rukuta on his own...

this will be complex.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow. You're complex, Sonuna, which might explain why your story will be too. ;) If you actually write something like that, maybe you could post it so us mere mortals could read it too! :yes: