Disney World

Have you gone? Tell us about your "magical memories"

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Disney World

Post by poWerbOy »

Have you been to Disney World/Land? Which is your favorite park? Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, MGM?
I have been to Disney World countless times. I've never been to Disney Land in California.
My favorite park is Magic Kingdom probably. Though my favorite rides are at MGM: Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster!!!! and i've done the WHo Wants to be a Millionaire show there too-that's a lot of fun....
If you've been to Disney, tell about your experiences and your favorite rides... and if you haven't tell if you'd like to go and what you'd like to see.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Well, I have never been. I don't really know much about it, so I don't know where I would want to go. Sorry! O:)
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

My first roller coaster was Space Mountain. Big mistake. It was four years before I ever ventured on a roller coaster again. Though I love them now.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I love love love love love Disnewland/world. I've been to Disneyland a bunch and world in 2000. Favorite ride of all time is thunder mountain railroad. california screamin and rockin rollar coaster tie for second
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Where's CC? She should have some stories to tell!

I have never been there, but I don't really want to go. I would MUCH rather go to Orlando theme parks.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Jman 009 wrote:Where's CC? She should have some stories to tell!

I have never been there, but I don't really want to go. I would MUCH rather go to Orlando theme parks.
who?
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I have never been there. I have, on the other hand, been to six flags. It was great fun. Wish I'd had time to go on more rides.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Never been to Disneyland...only Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I've been to both Disneyland and Dinseyworld. I don't know which is my favorite. I couldn't pick a favorite ride either. I just really like both places. :D :D
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

i went to the one in florida don't know wether that's land or world... anyway, i was really little and i wanted to go on every ride with my family (i'm the youngest) and we went on Alien Adventure or whatever it's called and i was SOOOOOOO scared. Also we went on the tower of terror lik a million times in a row :mad: I loved it
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

poWerbOy wrote:
Jman 009 wrote:Where's CC? She should have some stories to tell!

who?
Christian Cowgirl
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I've been to Disneyland and California Adventure.

The good rides at Disneyland are Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Matterhorn, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It's not a very impressive bunch really... Space Mountain is in the dark so you can't see where you're going too well but I've been on better coasters. Big Thunder has had it's share of problems including at least one death. Matterhorn is a fun little ride but be careful when you're going through the one dark section... the track suddenly bears the other direction and can give you quite the whiplash. Splash Mountain is a flume ride. That kind of ride is generally popular in amusements parks. I was quite surprised when going down the drop to see it ended into dry land... and relieved when we ducked under the land and came out safely on the other side. Indiana Jones is a great ride for the motion but the scenery is judged best by personal tastes. There's a lot of it but you might not like it.

If you like tamer rides, big names, and heavy theming in rides, attractions, and shows... go to Disneyland. If you prefer roller coasters and more extreme rides, save your money and go elsewhere.

California Adventure didn't really have that much during my trip there... I guess part of the attraction is the shows but I only sat through one video presentation and it was politically correct. There is a raft ride with a couple drops, a very fun and long roller coaster called California Screamin' and a terrific experience about the state of California called Soarin' over California (guess they don't believe in g's on the ends of gerunds). Other than that... there's a jerky "wild mouse" coaster and a disappointing freefall called the Maliboomer. They've built the Tower of Terror since I was there so I can't say what that ride is like.

As you may be able to tell, I like "big" rides. :) Disneyland and California Adventure are not that appealing to me but I can understand that many people like what they have to offer.
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I've been to Disneyworld and I really don't have a favourite part of the park. However I one thing I will always remember is singing in front of Space Mountain with the choir from church. It was fun.
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

I have never been to Disneyland/world or any other place like that, for that matter.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

When my band went to LA we spent a day at DisneyLand, and the tickets we had were good except the days we were in CA. Once we got in, me and my friends got stuck in the black hole known as Tomorrow Land. Six hours later we realized we had a lot more park to explore.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:When my band went to LA we spent a day at DisneyLand, and the tickets we had were good except the days we were in CA. Once we got in, me and my friends got stuck in the black hole known as Tomorrow Land. Six hours later we realized we had a lot more park to explore.

-Jonathan
:lol: What did you guys spend all your time doing in Tomorrow Land? :-k
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Chandler wrote:
Jonathan wrote:When my band went to LA we spent a day at DisneyLand, and the tickets we had were good except the days we were in CA. Once we got in, me and my friends got stuck in the black hole known as Tomorrow Land. Six hours later we realized we had a lot more park to explore.

-Jonathan
I'm not sure :-s We felt kinda stupid after that, and used the last two hours the best we could.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:
Chandler wrote:

-Jonathan
I'm not sure :-s We felt kinda stupid after that, and used the last two hours the best we could.

-Jonathan
Riding the rocket ride over and over? :lol:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Chandler wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Chandler wrote:

-Jonathan

-Jonathan
Riding the rocket ride over and over? :lol:
There was a rocket ride?

To be honest, that day is a bit blurry. I do remember playing cards at some point though :anxious:
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

Chandler wrote: Big Thunder has had it's share of problems including at least one death.
My friend was at Disney Land at the time this happened. His dad wanted to go on the Big thunder but his Mom wanted to go on the pirate ship. since the ship was on its last sail they decided to go on the ship. later they found out that if they hadn't gone on the ship they would have been on the coaster when it derailed :mad: isn't that crazy? I mean if his mom didn't insist they go on the ship they prolly would have been seriously injured or killed :bolt:
Image [img]