Pirates of the Carribean 2

A trailer! w00t!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

LeFou wrote:Spoiler Alert. Highlight to Read.

How exactly are they brining Jack back from the dead? They shouldnt have killed him off...it seems rather stupid to kill Jack and bring Barbossa back...
We shall see now won't we.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Kanimoto
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Kanimoto »

I hope they don't think of something lame. :noway:
In the darkness, the Lurker frantically tries to figure out what is going on.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

I had so much fun working on this film! You guys are gonna love Pirates 3!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks, Liz. ;)

I finally got to see the movie tonight! Yay! \:D/ I loved it! Not as many quotable lines as the original, but interesting and fun. I look forward to seeing what they come up with for POTC 3 - it's going to have to be good. They're going to have a lot of characters to deal with, and a lot of fan expectations!

I know that I'm dreadfully sappy, but I felt so bad for Will, especially at the end! :sniff: He's so...noble and wonderful! *fangirl scream* ;) I loved the blatant excuse to rip Orlando Bloom's shirt of and establish that great father/son bond and conflict at the same time. ;)

This movie made me really like Norrington. I enjoyed him very much in this movie. He seemed more complex and interesting, and I really want to see what role he'll play in the future.

I think that Norrington, Captain Jack and Will need to form a club, with their common interests. ;) Seriously, they've all proposed to Elizabeth in some form...some admittedly more formal than others. ;) They definitely need a club!
Felicity Blackgaard
I'm not Gabe

Post by Felicity Blackgaard »

It was awesome. XD

BTW, the RIDE that sparked the phenomena!!! XD
Kanimoto
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Kanimoto »

The Wardrobe wrote:I know that I'm dreadfully sappy, but I felt so bad for Will, especially at the end! :sniff: He's so...noble and wonderful! *fangirl scream* ;) I loved the blatant excuse to rip Orlando Bloom's shirt of and establish that great father/son bond and conflict at the same time. ;)

This movie made me really like Norrington. I enjoyed him very much in this movie. He seemed more complex and interesting, and I really want to see what role he'll play in the future.

I think that Norrington, Captain Jack and Will need to form a club, with their common interests. ;) Seriously, they've all proposed to Elizabeth in some form...some admittedly more formal than others. ;) They definitely need a club!
I agree wholeheartedly with the above sentiments. :-
In the darkness, the Lurker frantically tries to figure out what is going on.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

The Wardrobe wrote:I finally got to see the movie tonight! Yay! \:D/ I loved it! Not as many quotable lines as the original, but interesting and fun. I look forward to seeing what they come up with for POTC 3 - it's going to have to be good. They're going to have a lot of characters to deal with, and a lot of fan expectations!
"I was nothing more than an almost innocent bystander"

"if finding, seeking, seek what you find if you dont have what you seek........" (needs help)

......ok ok you win. The first one wans't even in the movie, they cut it!!! It was in the trailer though.
Dance or Die
I'm a teapot

Post by Dance or Die »

i saw pirates 2 and thought it was REALLY grose...Jack was funny though \:D/
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

footballgeek wrote:i saw pirates 2 and thought it was REALLY grose...Jack was funny though \:D/
Yes yes. I did try to warn people how much more violent this sequel was. =;
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I found the beginning part kind of icky, but overall I didn't find it really bad, and I don't really like icky stuff at all. The guys stuck with Davy Jones with barnacles and stuff all over them were kind of gross, like when Bootstrap Bill's face started growing a new sea thing and a worm or something came out of it. :sick: That was gross. But there wasn't that much by way of blood and gore, which is good, at least in my opinion.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Felicity Blackgaard wrote:But don't forget the man who started Pirates of the Carribean. :D

Yep, Walt Disney started the attraction in 1967, the last ride he supervised before passing away. :(

They revamped the ride at Disneyland for the movie and seeing Jack in the ride sort of made me gag. All those girls in the ride kept screaming. *utterly annoyed* But definatly looking forward to the movie. :D
Ha ha, I've been on that ride. It's ok, though rather boring. (The two drops were the best part.) The girls kept screaming? :hilarious:

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

not all that great was really bored most of the time.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

My favorite part of the movie was the romance between Jack and Elizabeth! I don't like Will. He's smarmy. And I loved how Jack acted in an uncharacteristic way: good, and Elizabeth the opposite: bad. That was cool. And just shows that they are made for each other.

We all know that Will and she will be back together in the third. UGH.

Isn't Jack Sparrow dreamy?
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Er...that's kinda scary dreamy, Pep. :anxious:

Pirates2 comes to Europe on the 27th! My uncle said that we can go and see it when it comes out...and movies here are only like $4 for all times of the day! Yesh! \:D/
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Larry The Pickle wrote:
The Wardrobe wrote:I finally got to see the movie tonight! Yay! \:D/ I loved it! Not as many quotable lines as the original, but interesting and fun. I look forward to seeing what they come up with for POTC 3 - it's going to have to be good. They're going to have a lot of characters to deal with, and a lot of fan expectations!
"I was nothing more than an almost bystander"

"if finding, seeking, seek what you find if you dont have what you seek........" (needs help)

......ok ok you win. The first one wasn't even in the movie, they cut it!!! It was in the trailer though.
How about "I've got a jar of sand" and "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by." Oh, and I loved how Jack threw a "Toot Sweet" into one line when he was talking to the cannibals.

I finally saw this Thursday. Awesome movie! Much darker than the original. I had some friends who said that after seeing the ending of 2, they have to see 3 before they can decide if they like 2. On the contrary, the final five seconds of the movie, although very "hollywood"-ish, is what made me decide I liked 2.

Spoiler: I loved the fact that Barbosa is going to be pirate's guide. (Oh, and after that last scene with Will, Elizabeth, and the other pirates talking to Tia Dalma, I have now affectionately titled that group "the Fellowship of the Sparrow")
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Those are great lines, Applesauce! :lol:

I was on the IMDB and I noticed something that I found interesting, in an odd kind of way. Check out Tom Hollander's profile (the guy who played Lord Beckett) if you liked the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice! \:D/ My new prediction for POTC3 involves Lord Beckett proposing to Elizabeth and refusing to believe it when she turns him down. ;)
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I saw Jack. It was pretty good. But at some times it just felt evil! like.. You owe davy jones your soul... I mean come on now. But w/e i still really enjoyed it.
I do what I do.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

AIOFan15 wrote:I saw Jack. It was pretty good. But at some times it just felt evil! like.. You owe davy jones your soul... I mean come on now. But w/e i still really enjoyed it.
Aw come on. It's good VS evil. Besides, this movie is one that refuses to take itself seriously. It's just fun to watch.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Catspaw wrote:My new prediction for POTC3 involves Lord Beckett proposing to Elizabeth and refusing to believe it when she turns him down. ;)
Ooh! Or maybe she'll accept! (Wouldn't that be a major twist? Elizabeth marrying Beckett...or Norrington!)

**Possible Spoiler**
I was just thinking about this movie, and I was wondering: maybe I missed something, but why weren't those two bumbling officers from the CotBP in DMC? Or were they on that ship that the Kraken destroyed?
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

Applesauce wrote:
Catspaw wrote:My new prediction for POTC3 involves Lord Beckett proposing to Elizabeth and refusing to believe it when she turns him down. ;)
Ooh! Or maybe she'll accept! (Wouldn't that be a major twist? Elizabeth marrying Beckett...or Norrington!)

**Possible Spoiler**
I was just thinking about this movie, and I was wondering: maybe I missed something, but why weren't those two bumbling officers from the CotBP in DMC? Or were they on that ship that the Kraken destroyed?
No, they were not in it. I missed them too! :(