Wii's not as cheap as it may seem

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Wii's not as cheap as it may seem

Post by xiao »

http://www.n-sider.com/newsview.php?typ ... oryid=2440

Say I want to pick up a Wii, extra wiimote + nunchuck, Red Steel, Exite Truck, and Call of Duty 3, that's going to cost me almost five hundred dollars.

Xbox 360 FTW.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Xiao wrote:http://www.n-sider.com/newsview.php?typ ... oryid=2440

Say I want to pick up a Wii, extra wiimote + nunchuck, Red Steel, Exite Truck, and Call of Duty 3, that's going to cost me almost five hundred dollars.

Xbox 360 FTW.
Xbox 360 Premium System [400$] any two games supposing they are 50$ each which they are a little higher. [$100] [Total: 500$]
...and you dont get an extra controller...or a live subsciption.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Yeah, Xiao, your comparison doesn't make any sense. And the system you priced out would be $459.94 not $500.00

For an Xbox 360, extra controller and 3 games, it's going to cost you $629.99. That's $170.05 more expensive...

How is the Xbox 360 FTW? ;)
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

Maybe he's saying xbox 360 has higher quality per dollar... :-s
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Jeeze, people, do I have to spell out every little comment I make for you? Not to be rude or anything, but lately, it's kinda....yikes.

Adrian, obviously I wasn't comparing anything, I was just saying with that much money you might as well buy an Xbox, what with the awesome graphics and games and such. Plus, the live "subsciption" is relative, as Wii doesn't have an online service anyways. It's just more bang for your buck.

And Shadowpaw, I said "almost 500 dollars". I didn't say "it will cost 500 dollars." 460 dollars is closer to 500 then 400. ........................ :-s

170 dollars more expensive, and much more well spent.

Nuff said.

I'm not saying the Wii is going to be bad or anything, but despite its seemingly cheap price, it's way overpriced and the launch titles kind of suck. Zelda? Yay. Exite Truck? Maybe yay. Everything else? Sucks.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

1 Wii
4 Controlers so my siblings and I can play
1 Smash Bros (once it comes out)

~$440

With all my brothers chipping in, this is well worth the money just for the one game.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

STRYPER wrote:1 Wii

~$440

With all my brothers chipping in, this is well worth the money just for the one game.
Actually...

1 Wii
4 Gamecube controllers that you still have lying around
1 Super Smash Bros. Brawl

~$300
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

The Top Crusader wrote:
STRYPER wrote:1 Wii

~$440

Actually...

1 Wii
4 Gamecube controllers that you still have lying around
1 Super Smash Bros. Brawl

~$300
Yeah, we'll probably want to get all new controllers, but you're right, we could go REALLY cheap that way.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, well, I'm cheap, so that's what *I'd* do. ;)

Although I don't have a GC anyway, so that wouldn't matter. :(
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

See the beauty of this system is that it's not just me. If were me buying a Wii I probably wouldn't get one; it just too expensive for just one person. But with my brothers all pitching in it makes for a good family toy :D
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Xiao wrote:Jeeze, people, do I have to spell out every little comment I make for you? Not to be rude or anything, but lately, it's kinda....yikes.

Adrian, obviously I wasn't comparing anything, I was just saying with that much money you might as well buy an Xbox, what with the awesome graphics and games and such. Plus, the live "subsciption" is relative, as Wii doesn't have an online service anyways. It's just more bang for your buck.

And Shadowpaw, I said "almost 500 dollars". I didn't say "it will cost 500 dollars." 460 dollars is closer to 500 then 400. ........................ :-s

Nuff said.

I'm not saying the Wii is going to be bad or anything, but despite its seemingly cheap price, it's way overpriced and the launch titles kind of suck. Zelda? Yay. Exite Truck? Maybe yay. Everything else? Sucks.
...have you played anything for the Wii yet? No. So dont judge its games. Foo. ;)
And Wii will have Online service...how do you think you can download all those old retro games...and play some of them online with friends? >_>
xiao

Post by xiao »

Adrian wrote:
Xiao wrote:Jeeze, people, do I have to spell out every little comment I make for you? Not to be rude or anything, but lately, it's kinda....yikes.

Nuff said.

...have you played anything for the Wii yet? No. So dont judge its games. Foo. ;)
And Wii will have Online service...how do you think you can download all those old retro games...and play some of them online with friends? >_>
I have played the Wii.... it's called TGS. Even if I hadn't, who are you to tell me not to judge it's games? It's called opinion - without it message boards have no substance and they become useless. That's like saying you can't have an opinion, good or bad, about anything that you haven't experienced to the fullest yourself. With your logic, the Wii games could be terrible, so you shouldn't be such a fanboy, because you're not allowed to like anything that isn't out yet, right?

And yeah it has "online service" but that means old games that we've played millions of times before, and now we have to pay for them. I haven't seen a single Wii game mention online capability.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

*adds Wii to wedding registry* :anxious:

But anyway, while I'm sure Wii will have online capabilities for new games, I'm all about the old school games--I have way more fun with them than I do with newer stuff, except for the awesomeness of current pro wrestling games.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Bowser wrote:*adds Wii to wedding registry* :anxious:
When I get marrried, I'm gonna add a bunch on crazy stuff to the wedding registry just to see if people buy them...
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Golly Gee Whilikers! rly? Xiao flew to the Tokyo Game Show!? Golly Gee Whilikers! Golly Gee Whilikers! Golly Gee Whilikers! Golly Gee Whilikers! ...lie. >_> And no newspapaers dont get a free wii. >_>
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I got a free Wii just for being born! \:D/
xiao

Post by xiao »

Adrian wrote:Golly Gee Whilikers! really? Xiao flew to the Tokyo Game Show!? Golly Gee Whilikers! Golly Gee Whilikers! Golly Gee Whilikers! Golly Gee Whilikers! ...lie. >_> And no newspapaers dont get a free wii. >_>
That part was a joke, you dim bigot.

I also love your completely failed attempt at humor and the choice to ignore all the rest of the valid points in my post except the sarcastic and unrelating opening sentance.

You sir, are a truely talented argumentalist.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

How much is the Wii?

Ry
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

The EKster wrote:

Nuff said.

there's something called "hamachi" and emulators with multiplayer over internet capabilities.
**crez go to sonuna
uz: MELF WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?
mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

livin4messiah wrote:How much is the Wii?

Ry
$250...

It's the cheapest of the systems but accessories are not cheap. :(
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became