Advice!

game recommendations.

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Advice!

Post by Sonuna »

I have expendable cash now.
Hence, if anyone has any game recommendations for DS/GBA/GCN/PS2 they would be appreciated--maybe I would consider buying a PC game. No, Xiao, I do not want fpses. ;D
I'm more interested in DS, and was considering buying SF Assault.
Is Twilight Princess GCN presently available?
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

Twilight Princess is available for the GameCube now, Sonuna. :) Getting the Wii version would be much cooler though! \:D/
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Trinarius wrote:Twilight Princess is available for the GameCube now, Sonuna. :) Getting the Wii version would be much cooler though! \:D/
I don't think you can go wrong with it on the Gamecube either. As much as I love the Wii version, there were many times I was wishing I had a controller (mainly when using the nunchuck to the spin attack only to find it responsive about 80% of the time). But things like fishing and aiming (the latter you'll do a lot of thanks to the various items you collect), is way better on the Wii. The Wii also supports widescreen, so that's a plus.

But if you've ever enjoyed a Zelda game, then Twilight Princess on any system is going to rock for you. It's definitely one of the most enjoyable games I've played in years. :)

Along those same lines, since you have a PS2, another game I would highly recommend is Okami. As for the DS, I haven't picked up anything recently since my sister borrowed it, but she was (and still is) in love with that "Trauma Center" game. Have you ever played it? I played it for a few minutes the other day and it seems pretty fun.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I've never played TC, but my brother seems to enjoy it, so if I see it it's probably going on my buy list. Likewise with PM2:TTYD, but I've actually beaten it on loan, and it's ... awesomeness?
I'm almost certainly getting Okami... one of these days. Gah. If only it was as findable as TP.
And for that matter, I probably have to buy AC:WW again. t_t
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

MGS3, Resident Evil 4, Okami, Prince of Persia series..... try one of 'em for the ps2.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I echo what people said about Twilight Princess. It would be better on the Wii but it's still a fantastic game.

For the DS:
Do you have the New Super Mario yet? That was one of the best buys I think I've ever purchased.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Final Fantasy XII for the PS2, and Metroid Prime: Hunters for DS.

And yeah, if you dont get LoZ:TP for GCN get RE4.
Pokeman7452
Fourscore and seven

Post by Pokeman7452 »

If you buy TP for the GC, you will never be able to play it for the Wii and visa-versa. The reason is that Link is left handed. In the Wii version, they mirrored everything so that link is right handed, like most of the world. Thus if you switch systems, TP will be very confusing. This also comes into play when getting walkthroughs, a walkthrough for the Wii will say to go left, or east, while a walkthrough for the GC will say to go right, or west. If you are planning to get a Wii anytime, Don't get TP for the GC. Although the Wiimote and Nunchuck are not as responsive as they should be, the Wii TP does have point and click shooting, 2 more buttons to assign items to(even that is hard to work with when you have 30+ items), better graphics, and more natural controls(yes fishing is a lot easier).

As for game suggestions (with my ratings):
DS:
Metroid Prime: Hunters 4.5/5
MarioKart DS 4.5/5
New Super Mario Bros. 4/5

GBA:
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror* 10/5
Pokemon** 4.5/5

GC:
Super Smash Bros Melee 5/5
Sonic Riders 4.5/5

*(EXTREMELY FUN AND ADDICTING!!! It is worth the money to buy 2 copies, a link cable, and another GBA if someone else will play with you but it is still the best game I have played alone)

**(Leafgreen, Firered or Emerald, NOT Ruby or Sapphire)

These are only my suggestions, I am not responsible for any dissatisfaction of any game I recommend. These are not official ratings, I made them. Some games may not be as fun without another person to play with you.

My first Ad \:D/ .
Save Pokemon, Destroy Yu-Gi-Oh.