[ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post Post subject: Monk
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:47 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 0.00
Has anybody ever seen Monk? It's an awesome detective show! The best ever! :D My favorite episode is, "Monk vs. Cobra." What's everyone else's favorite episode? Character? My favorite Character is Monk, but I like them all. Sharon or Natelie? I personally like Natelie better than Sharon. But all in all Monk rocks! \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:09 am 
Catspaw knows all

Bank: 10.88
Monk rocks!! My mom told me about the episode when he was in prison and the security guard was using the metal detector and he kept moving with it! I wish I saw that one..it sounds absolutely hilarious!! But I started watching them after that..I love Monk!! I like Sharona better btw. :D

Last edited by PJ on Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:11 am 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 132.82
Bank: 115.64
My Monk Autographs

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v642/james4theLord/MyAutographs/TV%20Shows/Monk%20TV%20Show/

I have seen them all. I have all 4 seasons on DVD, and watch season 5. HE is hilarious, his phobias and I love how he solves the cases. It is so cool to watch, and I love the show.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:22 am 
Catspaw knows all

*is jealous*

How did you get the autographs? Did you meet them?

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:26 am 
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Monk is an excellent show and I've gotten into them more lately, but I also like Psyche too. I watch them both through the weekends.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Monk
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:09 am 
I'm finally not a No0b

Zelda Paw wrote:
Has anybody ever seen Monk? It's an awesome detective show! The best ever! :D My favorite episode is, "Monk vs. Cobra." What's everyone else's favorite episode? Character? My favorite Character is Monk, but I like them all. Sharon or Natelie? I personally like Natelie better than Sharon. But all in all Monk rocks! \:D/

My wife and I just started watching monk a few months ago. We are watching through the series on DVD and the EP we'll be watching tonight is "Monk vs. Cobra."

I've got season 4 on request from Blockbuster Online right now. Hopefully it will show up shortly after we finish Season 3.

As far as the Sharona vs Natalie as Monks assistant goes, we've only seen a couple of EPs with Natalie, so it wouldn't be fair to weigh in yet. It surely is a cleverly written show and we enjoy it a lot.

There is a cleverly written and very enjoyable older show called Columbo, featuring, Peter Falk as Columbo, a quirky detective.

Columbo is currently being released on DVD, season by season (they may all be out already, but I'm not sure).

Columbo is extremely observant like Monk and asks people difficult questions like Monk, but doesn't have OCD like Monk. Columbo's biggest quirk, is that he is this great detective who gives unusual attention to detail, but has a hard time keeping track of his own pen.

-jolly

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:14 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 132.82
Bank: 115.64
No I get autographs by writing to people (SASE)

http://www.fanmail.biz/8934.html

"Monk"
OCPI Productions
846 North Cahuenga Boulevard
Building F, 2nd Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90038

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:43 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Monk is totally cool. My family always watches it. Psych rules also. My family love trying to guess who did it. Somone metioned Columbo, my sister has all the seasons, it has its own humor and I like his dog.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:56 pm 
Why am I even here?

Monk and Psych are the best shows ever! (Of course, I might be sort of biased, since those are the only shows I watch). I've been watching Monk ever since the second season, and I have all the DVD sets.

About the Sharona versus Natalie thing. At first I didn't like Natalie because she was mean to Monk, but now I really like her a lot. She really stands up for him. And if nothing else, she dresses more modestly.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:05 pm 
I'm as fancy as Penguin!

Cash: 13.64
Bank: 9.68
I like natelie allot. i love all the eps.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:34 pm 
darcietastical
darcietastical
Nothing to see here.

Cash: 159.09
Tony Shaloub is totally perfect as Monk. This is one of my favorite shows, although at times it seems like they're running out of ideas. I really liked the one 2 weeks ago when he was a butler for Sean Astin. :lol:

Sharona vs. Natalie? Hmm... It's just a totally different relationship now. I think it's hard to compare the two. I think Sharona's character was more interesting, with a fully defined personality due to the way the show was originally conceived. Natalie had to warm up a bit to having a complete character and backstory and all. Now that they've defined who she is a bit more, I can like her as the sidekick a bit more than I did originally. I kind of wished they'd kept the neighbor guy that won all that money as the sidekick. That would have been entertaining, but I can see that they would have wanted a female instead.

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:24 am 
Catspaw knows all

I will do this quote no justice but here it is:

Monk: It almost made me LOL out loud. :lol:

Randall didn't sound too bad as a street performer! That was funny too!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:40 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Honourary Canadian!

Cash: 39.64
Bank: 660.73
Finally a TV show I've seen! \:D/

When I was in Chicago last month, I was introduced to Monk via a friend while I was at her house. I love the character of Adrian Monk; Tony Shalhoub does a great job! The mysteries are usually pretty good too, though my favorite parts are probably Monk's OCD issues ;)

As far as Natalie and Sharona...I only saw one or two Sharona episodes, so I can't really judge between them. From what I saw, though, both did a good job.

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Monk
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:33 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 8.82
Bank: 0.00
*threads merged*

Has anyone ever watched Monk? I was just introduced to it a while back and I just fell in love.

The whole story of Monk begins when his wife is killed by a car bomb meant for him. He locks himself away for nearly 3 years and won't come out until he has a nurse hired to take care of him. He's got a huge list of phobias, including milk, but is the most brilliant detective in San Francisco.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:18 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 119.78
Give a few decades, and Monk will be considered one of the most memorable, classic TV shows of our time. Tony Shalhoub is brilliant. \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:05 am 
ion cannon ready
has been taken by a fey mood!

Cash: 3.48
Bank: 123.95
Blog: View Blog (1)
It seems to have good characterization. ...although it might work out better if they didn't use the Reset Button quite as often, I suppose it's necessary to maintain the basic premise.

"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:03 am 
darcietastical
darcietastical
Nothing to see here.

Cash: 159.09
Tony Shalhoub is amazing in the role. It's too bad the writing has gotten so formulaic and predictable.

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:02 pm 
I love the ToO!

Darcie is correct. I'm certain that the show will be completely forgotten shortly after it goes off the air; I've seen it on occasion, and while it has its moments, there are certain things the writers consider unimportant, among them coherent plotlines, believable dialogue, and consistency.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:23 pm 
Catspaw knows all

I enjoy watching it. So does the rest of my family.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:27 am 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 8.82
Bank: 0.00
Yeah, some of the stuff is predictable. But I do love these type of detective shows because I enjoy looking for the clues myself and trying to pick out the criminal. :3

Offline Profile  

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next