Monk

Everyone's favourite Obsessive-Compulsive Detective

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Monk

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Anyone here like Monk? It's probably my favorite TV show, but the new season doesn't start until January!

Sharona was a stronger character than Natalie, but Natalie had a much sweeter personality. And Julie reminds me so much of one of the characters from my books.
strife286
Tallying up

Post by strife286 »

I've seen a few episodes, never really got into to it though.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I love it. It's like a more grown-up version of Encyclopedia Brown. My dad got me started on it, and now I love it! Just about everyone in my family likes it.
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

This is one of the few TV shows I watch, and I'm ready for the new season also :). I don't have very many TV stations (I live outside of town), but I have family members who live in town record it for me. I enjoy this genre of shows.
map
Found

Post by map »

I love that show. He is hillarious!
Country Girl
Classic

Post by Country Girl »

I've only seen it a couple of times.. but I thought it was pretty funny :)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw it once, and it seemed good, but I never watched it again. :-k It sounds like I should try to find out when it's on! :D
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

One of my favorite shows, although I didn't watch many epidsodes this last season. I always forget when the good shows are on. *Sigh*
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I didn't really like it. It bored me. I don't know why. It just didn't hit me as entertaining.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

*thread merged*

Has anybody ever seen Monk? It's an awesome detective show! The best ever! :D My favorite episode is, "Monk vs. Cobra." What's everyone else's favorite episode? Character? My favorite Character is Monk, but I like them all. Sharon or Natelie? I personally like Natelie better than Sharon. But all in all Monk rocks! \:D/
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Monk rocks!! My mom told me about the episode when he was in prison and the security guard was using the metal detector and he kept moving with it! I wish I saw that one..it sounds absolutely hilarious!! But I started watching them after that..I love Monk!! I like Sharona better btw. :D
Last edited by PJ on Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love is stronger than death.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

My Monk Autographs

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v642/ ... TV%20Show/

I have seen them all. I have all 4 seasons on DVD, and watch season 5. HE is hilarious, his phobias and I love how he solves the cases. It is so cool to watch, and I love the show.
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

*is jealous*

How did you get the autographs? Did you meet them?
Love is stronger than death.
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

Monk is an excellent show and I've gotten into them more lately, but I also like Psyche too. I watch them both through the weekends.
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

Zelda Paw wrote:Has anybody ever seen Monk? It's an awesome detective show! The best ever! :D My favorite episode is, "Monk vs. Cobra." What's everyone else's favorite episode? Character? My favorite Character is Monk, but I like them all. Sharon or Natelie? I personally like Natelie better than Sharon. But all in all Monk rocks! \:D/
My wife and I just started watching monk a few months ago. We are watching through the series on DVD and the EP we'll be watching tonight is "Monk vs. Cobra."

I've got season 4 on request from Blockbuster Online right now. Hopefully it will show up shortly after we finish Season 3.

As far as the Sharona vs Natalie as Monks assistant goes, we've only seen a couple of EPs with Natalie, so it wouldn't be fair to weigh in yet. It surely is a cleverly written show and we enjoy it a lot.

There is a cleverly written and very enjoyable older show called Columbo, featuring, Peter Falk as Columbo, a quirky detective.

Columbo is currently being released on DVD, season by season (they may all be out already, but I'm not sure).

Columbo is extremely observant like Monk and asks people difficult questions like Monk, but doesn't have OCD like Monk. Columbo's biggest quirk, is that he is this great detective who gives unusual attention to detail, but has a hard time keeping track of his own pen.

-jolly
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

No I get autographs by writing to people (SASE)

http://www.fanmail.biz/8934.html

"Monk"
OCPI Productions
846 North Cahuenga Boulevard
Building F, 2nd Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

Monk is totally cool. My family always watches it. Psych rules also. My family love trying to guess who did it. Somone metioned Columbo, my sister has all the seasons, it has its own humor and I like his dog.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Lulu the Paw
29K to go!

Post by Lulu the Paw »

Monk and Psych are the best shows ever! (Of course, I might be sort of biased, since those are the only shows I watch). I've been watching Monk ever since the second season, and I have all the DVD sets.

About the Sharona versus Natalie thing. At first I didn't like Natalie because she was mean to Monk, but now I really like her a lot. She really stands up for him. And if nothing else, she dresses more modestly.
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.
-C.S. Lewis
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

I like natelie allot. i love all the eps.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Tony Shaloub is totally perfect as Monk. This is one of my favorite shows, although at times it seems like they're running out of ideas. I really liked the one 2 weeks ago when he was a butler for Sean Astin. :lol:

Sharona vs. Natalie? Hmm... It's just a totally different relationship now. I think it's hard to compare the two. I think Sharona's character was more interesting, with a fully defined personality due to the way the show was originally conceived. Natalie had to warm up a bit to having a complete character and backstory and all. Now that they've defined who she is a bit more, I can like her as the sidekick a bit more than I did originally. I kind of wished they'd kept the neighbor guy that won all that money as the sidekick. That would have been entertaining, but I can see that they would have wanted a female instead.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon