Lord of the Rings Rise of the Witch King

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Lord of the Rings Rise of the Witch King

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

Has anyone played it? I was about to buy it the other day, when I reconsidered Because, I like 1st person Fighting, and I am not a fan of overhead views, and from the back it appeared to be an overhead RPG, Does anyone have any links to demos or videos of it? What do you guys think of it?

Ryan
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I don't own the expansion yet, but I do own the original LotR BFME and LotR BFME II. I haven't played much of the latter, mainly because my monitors are all widescreen and BFME II doesn't support it, so the ingame graphics are pretty stretched and ugly. But it's a real time strategy game, not an RPG, though there are RPG elements in it if it's anything like the first game. You have hero units and things and the single player mode actually carries these hero upgrades and things over from mission to mission.

I'm interested in maybe picking it up eventually, though right now I'm finally playing through Age of Empires III which I bought 14 months ago. My goal for the next several months is to go through as many old games as I can that I have never finished or played before I purchase anything new.

This is quite an extensive list... but I've been able to knock The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Mario Sunshine and The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess off the list in the past month and a half. Next is Gears of War... then I'll probably work my way backwards through my collection eventually hitting BFME II.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Shadowpaw wrote:My goal for the next several months is to go through as many old games as I can that I have never finished or played before I purchase anything new.
That sounds wise ;)
Shadowpaw wrote:This is quite an extensive list... but I've been able to knock The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Mario Sunshine and The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess off the list in the past month and a half. Next is Gears of War... then I'll probably work my way backwards through my collection eventually hitting BFME II.
Gears of War and Twilight Princess got the #1 and #2 spots respectively on some game of the year review (I forgot which one :()
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Meo
Fourscore and seven

Post by Meo »

What system is it for.
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

GoW is for xbox360 and Twilight Princess if for WII. GoW is awesome, I have yet to evaluate TP cuz I don’t own a WII and I don’t wanna spend more in buying the GC version… so yeah… /me waits for WII price to drop
**crez go to sonuna
uz: MELF WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!?
mirkwoodelf: I DONT KNOW I HAS OTHER PROPOSALSES.
Meo
Fourscore and seven

Post by Meo »

Twilight princess is my favioret zelda game and i have played almos every zelda game.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

azn_boi_ninja_391 wrote:GoW is for xbox360 and Twilight Princess if for WII. GoW is awesome, I have yet to evaluate TP cuz I don’t own a WII and I don’t wanna spend more in buying the GC version… so yeah… /me waits for WII price to drop
the wii price will never drop

ever
Meo wrote:Twilight princess is my favioret zelda game and i have played almos every zelda game.
thats nice
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

yeah it will xiao, the wii was like 500 a couple months ago and is now 390 on Amazon >_>
**crez go to sonuna
xiao

Post by xiao »

azn_boi_ninja_391 wrote:yeah it will xiao, the wii was like 500 a couple months ago and is now 390 on Amazon >_>
dude. the actual price itself not the bidding price you nublet.

all the stores have them readily available for $250 where I am
uz
RP Death Scythe
RP Death Scythe

Post by uz »

Which store? My place most, if not all stores are still trying to work out the preordered shipments and are out of stock :<
**crez go to sonuna
xiao

Post by xiao »

EB Games, Gamestop, Walmart, Best Buy, Circuit city....
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

^^Heh, that's odd, at least around here. Although we don't have as many stores that carry them. Just Wal-mart, K-mart, Gamestop, EB Games, and Game Crazy... they are all constantly sold out.

I wish we had a Target, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc... :(

PS3s are quite plentiful at least! \:D/
xiao

Post by xiao »

This is blasphemy!

THIS IS MADNESS!