Tis a Trilogy Mateys!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

cubsmith08 wrote:i didn't like the movie AT ALL!! i cried SOOO much at the end with will... :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: AAAGGGHHH!! *pouts* it wasn't supposed to end that way! and now they're making a PIRATES 4!!! #-o #-o
THEY ARE?!?!?!?!? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Everyone thinks so, but I'm not sure.

Ugh!! I mean, it was good and bad...and TOTALLY unfair to Elizabeth...but she would have been a widow otherwise...Thanks to Macnut I saw the very end...I guessed it while the 10 minutes of credits were running. Good, but sad as well.

That whole Calypso and Davy Jones thing...that was kinda sad as well.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
FrayedAroundTheEdges

Arwen wrote:Everyone thinks so, but I'm not sure.

Ugh!! I mean, it was good and bad...and TOTALLY unfair to Elizabeth...but she would have been a widow otherwise...Thanks to Macnut I saw the very end...I guessed it while the 10 minutes of credits were running. Good, but sad as well.

i KNOW..but i loved the part where he an calypso touch each others faces and then calypso lets go and then Davy Jones cant get his "claw" out....

WHAT HAPPENED AT THE END???? I couldnt stay to see it ahhh
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

LOVEistheREVERSAL wrote:

i KNOW..but i loved the part where he an calypso touch each others faces and then calypso lets go and then Davy Jones cant get his "claw" out....

will comes back and elizabeth has a little will/jack with her.
FrayedAroundTheEdges

ek wrote:
LOVEistheREVERSAL wrote:

will comes back and elizabeth has a little will/jack with her.

aw thats cute...sux that i missed it :shame:
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

I didn't like it at all. I felt a heavyness as I left the theater. It didn't end happily! I was at least counting on a happy ending, but I didn't get it! In all it was better than the second one, but still never as good as the first. It was all very loud, fast, and shiny. Barbossa was the best. I was a little confused in sub-plots. I don't think they should make a second one, although, if it was better and ended happily I would be all for it. Until, if ever, they make a better fourth, I am putting all but the first movie out of my mind. They don't exsit. We were they only people in the theater to see the extra scene in the credits.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

The theater was pretty full for the movie, and then there were maybe ten others (probably less) besides my group who stayed and saw it. We told a couple guys who noticed us staying to stay themselves, but we just smirked at most of the people who were leaving.

I'm a little more satisfied now that I've thought about it. It's a little sad about Will, but otherwise he would have simply died, and this way at least he and Elizabeth get once every ten years, even if that's not completely satisfying.

And I don't think they'll make another one. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that this was the end.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I'm pretty sure another sequel is just a rumor. Disney rarely ever makes more than 3 of the same title. Maybe they'll make a tv show or something...
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

I think that would stink. I just doubt that it would be that good.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw the movie today, and afterwards I kept finding myself saying, "I'm sooo sad!" while wearing a tragic expression that indicated that tears would soon follow. ;) While I didn't actually come that close to tears at any point in the movie, I definitely found a lot of parts dark. I did stay all the way to the end of the credits, since I had read that I should, and that scene was very nice. I did expect the movie to be a bit lighter than it was. It was good, but I think that I like the first POTC movie best, where it felt more like a comedy than a tragedy. This one definitely earned it's PG-13 rating the most of the three movies, in my opinion.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

BOOO!! Worst movie ever 0/10 :shame: :shame:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

*glares at Top* :x

Anyway, for those of you who stayed to see the very end to see the clip after the credits (quote/copy and paste into something to see a brief description if you want to) where we see Elizabeth with a nine-year-old boy and then Will sailing towards them I read something online that would be of interest. Apparently at one point there was a scene that was presumably cut for length reasons that explained that if Calypso had been faithful, then the curse would have been broken. I read that after I saw the movie, and it made the future look much brighter to me! \:D/ Yay! The movie is still sad in some ways, but with that information, it seems more hopeful. I think Will tells Davy Jones in DMC that love doesn't have to bring so much pain if you choose the right woman, or something along those lines. He clearly made the right choice! \:D/
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

Yeah. Although, even if it was once every ten years, it was better than Elizabeth becoming a widow on her wedding day, which was the alternative.
totustuus
Pilgrim

Post by totustuus »

I enjoyed the movie, but it seemed really long. The best part was that they got married. Many movies nowadays leave that in doubt.

The ending was really sad even though they tried to make it seem happy. At the end of the final battle thing I kept trying to figure out why Elizabeth was smiling so much. Everone seemed pretty happy at the end, but what will happen when Elizabeth is dead and Willy III is older than his dad?

and how did Elizabeth get 20 years older without aging at all?

It would have been totally awesome if after the vote, Elizabeth broke into song: "I am a pirate king! And it is, it is a glorious thing to be a pirate king." (from Pirates of Penzance by Gilbert and Sullivan.)

yeah, so... cool.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

totustuus wrote: Everone seemed pretty happy at the end, but what will happen when Elizabeth is dead and Willy III is older than his dad?

and how did Elizabeth get 20 years older without aging at all?
For your first question, that's what I was thinking too right after I saw the movie, until I read about a scene that didn't make the final cut of the movie that explained that if Tia Dalma had been faithful for ten years, the curse would have been broken. Since the very end shows that Elizabeth has been faithful for ten years (not twenty, unless I missed something) then the curse would be broken. I don't know precisely what that entails, but perhaps Will would no longer be immortal and forced to serve on the Flying Dutchman, and therefore they would have lost ten years, which is sad, but could then spend the rest of their lives happily together. That's the way that I like to think of it, anyway, because otherwise it's too depressing!

As for the age thing...perhaps she got a share of the Fountain of Youth, as part of the perks of being the Pirate King. ;)
totustuus
Pilgrim

Post by totustuus »

OK. Thanks. And you were right that it was only ten years. I counted wrong.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

I think it's nice that some of that is left to the imagination. We can all just make it continue the way we want.
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

I loved the movie. It was better than the 2nd, but I think I'll always like the first best. I went with a bunch of people for the premiere and we all dressed up like pirates. That was fun! And we were the only ones who stayed to the ending... \:D/
totustuus
Pilgrim

Post by totustuus »

Catspaw wrote: For your first question, that's what I was thinking too right after I saw the movie, until I read about a scene that didn't make the final cut of the movie that explained that if Tia Dalma had been faithful for ten years, the curse would have been broken. Since the very end shows that Elizabeth has been faithful for ten years (not twenty, unless I missed something) then the curse would be broken. I don't know precisely what that entails, but perhaps Will would no longer be immortal and forced to serve on the Flying Dutchman, and therefore they would have lost ten years, which is sad, but could then spend the rest of their lives happily together. That's the way that I like to think of it, anyway, because otherwise it's too depressing!
I found this post by one of the writers that verifies this: http://www.wordplayer.com/forums/movies ... read=98135
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Pirates of the Caribbean! Well, it is Ok. I haven't seen the third one. For that matter any of them! But I really want to! Well, maybe in a couple of months