NDS or PSP

Whats better?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

NDS or PSP

Post by Liz_Horton »

Hey I"m trying to decide if I should buy a DS or a PSP, what do you think is better? Thanks.
Liz
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I would go with PSP if you're looking to get more action-oriented games. Plus, PSP has WiFi (as opposed to DS, which has Nintendo Wifi, etc) and in my opinion better games.

DS, however, has the awesome Mario/Sonic/Nintendo character games. So it depends on what you prefer to play.

I'm biased, too; I've played PSP and accessed internet via its wifi connection. So it holds a special place in my heart.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I say DS because its a lot cheaper and has all the cool first party Nintendo games... \:D/

PSPs are cool and all but I just never saw them being worth their cost... unless you travel a ton and want to play PS2 games on the go and watch movies, then they are indeed pretty cool, but since generally if I'm traveling, I'm driving, portable gaming isn't really big to me... ;)
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

I'm not really one for the PSP. I believe it is over-priced and you can't get many of the games for it that I like to play.

I like the DS because I grew up with Nintendo, I owned an original Game Boy. It has great kid friendly games and some of them are completely random! \:D/
*returns*
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Nintendo DS for sure. Much better games and better innovation, and better control scheme. PSP is so hard to control with the little nubby thing. Ugg... :shame: I tried playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 on it, and it was hard as dirt to control.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Pokeman7452
Fourscore and seven

Post by Pokeman7452 »

It depends on what you want to do on it.

PSP is pretty much PS2+iPhone(-phone). It supports movies, music, pictures, and web browsing (WiFi).
DS plays only games nativelly.

DS has almost every genre of game, mostly games that can be easily paused and resumed (but not all!). Closing the screen puts the DS into stand-by (on which it can last days) and opening resumes play right where you left off. Also, there are many games that take advantage of the touch screen or dual screens in interesting or fun ways.
PSP games, however, are mostly action games that can be hard to put down, depend on your ability to spot 3 pixel high people, and require complete focus on the game.
^boy, that paragraph sounds a bit one-sided^

Like most "Which system should I buy?" questions, it all depends on what you plan to do with it.
Save Pokemon, Destroy Yu-Gi-Oh.