Monk

Everyone's favourite Obsessive-Compulsive Detective

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

I will do this quote no justice but here it is:

Monk: It almost made me LOL out loud. :lol:

Randall didn't sound too bad as a street performer! That was funny too!
Love is stronger than death.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Finally a TV show I've seen! \:D/

When I was in Chicago last month, I was introduced to Monk via a friend while I was at her house. I love the character of Adrian Monk; Tony Shalhoub does a great job! The mysteries are usually pretty good too, though my favorite parts are probably Monk's OCD issues ;)

As far as Natalie and Sharona...I only saw one or two Sharona episodes, so I can't really judge between them. From what I saw, though, both did a good job.
Felicity Blackgaard
I'm not Gabe

Post by Felicity Blackgaard »

*thread merged*

Has anyone ever watched Monk? I was just introduced to it a while back and I just fell in love.

The whole story of Monk begins when his wife is killed by a car bomb meant for him. He locks himself away for nearly 3 years and won't come out until he has a nurse hired to take care of him. He's got a huge list of phobias, including milk, but is the most brilliant detective in San Francisco.
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

Give a few decades, and Monk will be considered one of the most memorable, classic TV shows of our time. Tony Shalhoub is brilliant. \:D/
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

It seems to have good characterization. ...although it might work out better if they didn't use the Reset Button quite as often, I suppose it's necessary to maintain the basic premise.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Tony Shalhoub is amazing in the role. It's too bad the writing has gotten so formulaic and predictable.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Clodius Albinus
Smile for the camera

Post by Clodius Albinus »

Darcie is correct. I'm certain that the show will be completely forgotten shortly after it goes off the air; I've seen it on occasion, and while it has its moments, there are certain things the writers consider unimportant, among them coherent plotlines, believable dialogue, and consistency.
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

I enjoy watching it. So does the rest of my family.
Love is stronger than death.
Felicity Blackgaard
I'm not Gabe

Post by Felicity Blackgaard »

Yeah, some of the stuff is predictable. But I do love these type of detective shows because I enjoy looking for the clues myself and trying to pick out the criminal. :3
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

*bumps old thread*
I've recently gotten into watching Monk - yeah, plotlines are kind of ehh boring, but it's a nice family show, and it's whimsical enough to grab one's attention.

Actually, I probably like the show mostly because Monk reminds me of myself.

But yeah. Go Monk. Other fans, here?
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I have never seen it, but from what you describe, it sounds great! An OCD detective... it has potential. I have a friend who liked to watch it.

Is it similar to "Columbo"?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

New season of Monk starts today! :D O'm s0 h@ppe!!!!11 I like Monk. Great show.

-Robo
mydoghasfleas
Processing
Location: im all in your head....heh.heh.heh, okay, fine FDL ,WI

Post by mydoghasfleas »

they have that so people who have never seen it can just join in. it's the exact opposite of shows that have ultra continuity and basically rely on faithful viewers.
your mom's so old when you tell her to act her age,

she turns to dust.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I haven't watched it yet myself, but my girlfriend loves the show. I'm pretty sure she will make me watch all of it before too long. :D (Which I won't mind.)
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I'm so happy that Monk started up again, because now I have something good to watch again. Along with Psych, Monk is the best comedy show out there. Too bad it's getting canceled. But for a show to go for 8 seasons is really an achievement. Most shows are lucky if they get two. Never fear, the defective detective isn't going away yet - last week just started the second half of the seventh season, and then there will be the whole eighth season. I'm sad, but I'm very excited to see how they end it. Surely they'll explain Trudy's murder, which will possibly be the most unbelievable mystery ever, because it will have taken Monk like 13 years to solve it.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
mydoghasfleas
Processing
Location: im all in your head....heh.heh.heh, okay, fine FDL ,WI

Post by mydoghasfleas »

really? that's gonna be epic!
your mom's so old when you tell her to act her age,

she turns to dust.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

How does the language get throughout the season? I've watched the first season, and though I'm not offended by hearing mild swear words, it gets a little uncomfortable hearing the Lord's name in vein sprinkled throughout the episode--especially by Monk...and especially when I watch it with my parents. Do they ease up on it as the show continues..?
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I love MONK! It was a great show.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Weeeeeeeellll, since this has been bumped. :-

I used to watch it when I was like... ten? I don't remember it very well, but my mom used to let me watch it with her sometimes. :-k I liked it.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I have heard of Monk, but I have never had the desire to watch it.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis