633: License to Deprive

Reviews

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How good was this week's episode?

5 Stars
45%
4 Stars
25%
3 Stars
23%
2 Stars
5%
1 Star
3%

Total votes: 40

Jonathan
Dungeon Master

633: License to Deprive

Post by Jonathan »

Post what you thought of this week's episode \:D/
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

This was a facinating episode 5 stars.
It amazing and I liked it but i just cant explain why
EugeneManiac
Just visiting

Post by EugeneManiac »

It was deffinately the best so far. I liked how Marvin sounded normal =P~
Katrina
friends forever
friends forever

Post by Katrina »

I liked the episode. And I thought it was funny. I also thaught it was weired somethimes. I thought it was so funny when the people came in amd the Washington's and the instructor were playing sherades and they were doing the Chicken dance. I th :lol: :rofl2: ought
Katrina
I am an MK and Missionary kids rock!
just a girl!
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I loved it! The Washingtons are great! \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

:hilarious: I loved it!

I always enjoy the Washington's banter. :lol:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It was good but I was saddened they didn't even mention the fact that Whit's End was condemned last episode.
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

The Top Crusader wrote:It was good but I was saddened they didn't even mention the fact that Whit's End was condemned last episode.
Yeah what are they trying to do torture us?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Like when Whit and Jason and Eugene were all hanging out in the Middle East and you think "oh, cool, Whit will come back to Odyssey next week" but instead we get... Connie coaching a little league team or something.
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

The Top Crusader wrote:Like when Whit and Jason and Eugene were all hanging out in the Middle East and you think "oh, cool, Whit will come back to Odyssey next week" but instead we get... Connie coaching a little league team or something.
Well I supose connie little league was paving the way for the big league namely Whit
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

The Top Crusader wrote:It was good but I was saddened they didn't even mention the fact that Whit's End was condemned last episode.
That was the one thing I didn't really like. The night before I listened I dreamed that the episode had nothing to do with Whit's End and I was distressed--funny how that came true. I'm sure it'll be addressed soon, but I was surprised.

And I liked this one. That one historical guy making the Washington's live what they were portraying reminds me of what the case of The Village was made to do by the director--it was a pretty clever episode.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

First off, I want to ask, "Aren't we going to start reviewing once the episode airs on here?"

Now, to the review.

Good: I really enjoyed the Washingtons. I always enjoy their bantor, and hope they never leave. I liked the whole staying in the house. I really liked how they incorporated Kelly into the episode. They didn't just disregard her. I liked the historians performance. My favorite scene was at the end when they were eating pizza and doing the chicken dance.

Bad: I disliked the fact that they didn't say anything about Whit's End being condemed, but that's just being nitpicky.

I give this episode 5 history obssesed historians out of 5.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Interesting Episode. I think I'd give it a 4. Not the best, but good, and funny. I laughed a lot, but was confused at times. Interesting, though.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Ok, am I the only person who wondered how historically accurate it was to have a black family act as a historically accurate average 18th century pioneer family? Not trying to sound 'racist' or anything.. :-s

I.. Really didn't like this episode. And I don't know why. Maybe I'm just being too negative, seeing as how everyone else so far has liked this episode. :anxious: This episode did have at least one good thing, namely, the chicken dance. \:D/

Oh, and I had another question. Why were they bringing the senator to see the house right then? Maybe they weren't expecting the actors to be there at all? :-k

Whee, I sound so negative.. :anxious:
...I hate marquees.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

J-man wrote:Ok, am I the only person who wondered how historically accurate it was to have a black family act as a historically accurate average 18th century pioneer family? Not trying to sound 'racist' or anything.. :-s
I wondered that a little while listening but dismised it as being an alternate universe where racism issuses were solved in the 1700's and black's came over than.... \:D/
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:
J-man wrote:Ok, am I the only person who wondered how historically accurate it was to have a black family act as a historically accurate average 18th century pioneer family? Not trying to sound 'racist' or anything.. :-s
I wondered that a little while listening but dismised it as being an alternate universe where racism issuses were solved in the 1700's and black's came over than.... \:D/
Yeah, I thought of that, too. I mean yeah I don't really care what race was in there but if the historical dude was such a sticklar you'd think he'd want the correct race involved.
Mr.Whit

Post by Mr.Whit »

The Top Crusader wrote:
jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:
Yeah, I thought of that, too. I mean yeah I don't really care what race was in there but if the historical dude was such a sticklar you'd think he'd want the correct race involved.
The Odyssey crew probaly forgot
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

J-man wrote:Ok, am I the only person who wondered how historically accurate it was to have a black family act as a historically accurate average 18th century pioneer family?
At first when Jack was being so hesitant about letting them do it, I thought that was going to be one of his reasons. Turned out not to be.

I felt it was a very weak episode, especially considering everything that's going around in Odyssey at the moment. We've got inspectors, condemnations, old arch-nemeses (though that's going to be more comical than intense)...this did not feel like the right time to have an episode like this. We've only got seven more episodes in The Best Small Town arc, and this felt like it could have waited until after. (But, after the three-part Kidsboro episode, who knows if we'll ever hear from the Washingtons again?)

And I couldn't figure out the historical official at all. He sounded the whole time like he might be after something bigger or more sinister (just the way he was voiced), but in the end he turned out to be nothing more than some history-crazed old man.

By the end of it, I couldn't help thinking this was the weakest episode of the last two or three years. But that means it can only get better from here!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Boswell wrote:By the end of it, I couldn't help thinking this was the weakest episode of the last two or three years. !
I couldn't disagree with you more.

I thought this was an especially strong episode due to its comedy and overriding message. Perhaps it may not have tied in as well with the Best Small Town contest, but neither did "A Little Credit, Please" with Darkness Before Dawn. And if I recall correctly, that album turned out pretty decent in the end... anyhow, you can hear my full thoughts when the thirty-second episode of Unofficial Podcast releases Monday evening!
Boswell wrote: ...it can only get better from here.
I couldn't agree with you more. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Trent DeWhite wrote:anyhow, you can hear my full thoughts when the thirty-second episode of Unofficial Podcast releases Monday evening!
30 second?