Do you have a girlfriend / boyfriend?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Do you have a bf/gf?

Yes!
19%
Nope.
69%
No, dating is worse than the betrayal of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
12%

Total votes: 74

Lizzy
Not Implemented

Post by Lizzy »

xiao wrote:
Lizzy wrote:I have boyfriend!...
Umm... yeah I just read that again and it sounds so dumb! Anyway, he's a bit older than me... ok more than a bit but that's ok... I personally didn't see the point in dating someone I couldn't see myself marrying so yeah we were friends for a while before I decided that I'd better ask the poor guy out because he'd never work up the nerve to do so... And yeah, I'm not sorry that I didn't really date before meeting Chad, he's one of my best friends and yes he's the guy I plan to spend the rest of my life with... if he ever gets around to proposing :-
How much older is he?
We're eight years apart... not that it bothers me... I always hang out with people older than me. We generally don't notice the age difference... it would be a bit different if we'd met and dated when we were a bit younger but after a certain age the difference isn't really that drastic anymore... just don't ask Catspaw what she thinks :-
It's good to visit again... it's been a while!
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

hubcap wrote:But in all seriousness. Dating is really dumb.
Hahaha! Oh boy, that's pretty funny.

Wait a second.....

Hahahahahahahaha.

No, okay, I'm done for real this time.

Ha. Hahahaha
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Eat junk, become junk.

Stop eating junk Xiao. :x

O:)
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

xiao wrote:
hubcap wrote:But in all seriousness. Dating is really dumb.
Hahaha! Oh boy, that's pretty funny.

Wait a second.....

Hahahahahahahaha.

No, okay, I'm done for real this time.

Ha. Hahahaha
I know. I am a really funny person! CoT says I should be a comedian. \:D/

And in case you were wondering, xiao, my opinion is from personal experience. Dating causes unnecessary pain. It takes your mind away from more important things, too.
Do you believe in the couch?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

But again I think that's sort of neatly sewing all aspects of dating into a giant quilt and saying that "THIS IS THE DATING QUILT THAT COVERS ALL ASPECTS OF DATING!!!" I mean there are good and bad that comes from dating... you just have to pick the good patches and not sew in the EVIL ones! :x
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I'm still dating my girlfriend! \:D/ Over three months now..
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I'm still dating my BF... and it's been over a year... maybe close to a year and a half now... He's back in Portland, even though I'm still stuck here in Wally World... We won't get to see each other next till probably Christmas.. which seriously bombs... WAHH!!!!!!!!!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I'm still single! \:D/
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

Since i posted my views they have changed adn I have changed. A this time i am not dating anyone but might be. Let me explain, currently I haev a bet friend we will call him "Bob". we are realyl close friends and became instant friends when we meet only 2 months ago.We both have told each other that we like each other and that if it is meant to be we might date. But frist we are both agreed that rigth now we need to make sure there is nothing in the way to cause havic on our relationship if we ever have one. Also we are leaving somewhat of it up to my parents, I have to have permission to date him before we do.Since I am almost 18 ppl may think this is weird but yes I have thought about marriage and have always wanted to get married not really young or really old. we are both almost 18 and even though that is still to young for me to get married i dont wnat to be single at 20 , I dotn mean marrried i mean have a relationship. Also me and him are also taking time to get to know each other better and make sure there isn't anyone that we feel we woudl ever date at the moment becasue e dotn want to hurt each other. Therefore i dotn have a problem with dating/ courting or whatever you want to clal it. I think that as long as the dating is moderated and you never put yourself in a bad position then it is okay also me adn Bob have a agredd that no matter what we are always going to be firneds.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Staying friends after an attempted relationship isn't always easy. :doubt:

Or so I've heard. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

I know but if you dotn become really close like emotionally and stuff then it is easier adn we have both agreed to this.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

DrummerChick wrote:Since i posted my views they have changed adn I have changed. A this time i am not dating anyone but might be. Let me explain, currently I haev a bet friend we will call him "Bob". we are realyl close friends and became instant friends when we meet only 2 months ago.We both have told each other that we like each other and that if it is meant to be we might date. But frist we are both agreed that rigth now we need to make sure there is nothing in the way to cause havic on our relationship if we ever have one. Also we are leaving somewhat of it up to my parents, I have to have permission to date him before we do.Since I am almost 18 ppl may think this is weird but yes I have thought about marriage and have always wanted to get married not really young or really old. we are both almost 18 and even though that is still to young for me to get married i dont wnat to be single at 20 , I dotn mean marrried i mean have a relationship. Also me and him are also taking time to get to know each other better and make sure there isn't anyone that we feel we woudl ever date at the moment becasue e dotn want to hurt each other. Therefore i dotn have a problem with dating/ courting or whatever you want to clal it. I think that as long as the dating is moderated and you never put yourself in a bad position then it is okay also me adn Bob have a agredd that no matter what we are always going to be firneds.
LOL!
Last edited by xiao on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I must've missed the joke :-k
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

Jonathan wrote:I'm still single! \:D/
Me, too! \:D/
Do you believe in the couch?
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

The Artful Dodger wrote:yeah, this guy I know was talking to me, and all the sudden he says, "So, what's your ideal date?" I was kind of stunned and just like, "uhhhh........um...I guess it would be..." And he said "Mine is April 15. Not too warm, not too cold." I just started laughing. It was quite amusing. \:D/
Sounds like someone's been watching Miss Congeniality ;)
DrummerChick wrote:...we are both almost 18 and even though that is still to young for me to get married i dont want to be single at 20 , I dont mean married i mean have a relationship.
Uh oh, I'm still single and I'm almost 20! :mad:
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

Yeah some people are meant to be i dotn wnat to be though.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

LizzieG wrote:
DrummerChick wrote:...we are both almost 18 and even though that is still to young for me to get married i dont want to be single at 20 , I dont mean married i mean have a relationship.
I'm already twenty and still single... maybe I should join a monastery. :headscratch:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

Trent wrote:
LizzieG wrote:
I'm already twenty and still single... maybe I should join a monastery. :headscratch:

As i said some people are meant to go longer without one and some arent. I am just like tha tone that doenst wnat to be lonely. It all depends really i think it woudl be nice to be married by the time i am 23-25 though.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Trent wrote:
LizzieG wrote:
Might I recommend St. Gregory's Abbey in Michigan? \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Only if it means I'll have the opportunity to be in solitary refinement and dream about my future wife. \:D/

(Awesome photos, by the way. :lol:)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!