Odyssey + the Real World

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Odyssey + the Real World

Post by LizzieG »

I was so sure there was already a "things that remind you of Odyssey" thread, but I couldn't find it. If it is actually out there and I missed it in my sleep-deprived delirium, sorry! :anxious:

I listened to "Mandy's Debut" earlier this week, and just a day or two later in the dining commons, one of the girls was going to get ice cream and, when asked which kind she was getting, said something like, "Oh, something spicy like me - vanilla!"

This totally reminded me of Bernard's similar response in that episode! I so wanted to tell everyone at my table about this awesome connection, but unfortunately no one there would've appreciated it :(

...but you guys do! \:D/
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

LizzieG wrote:I was so sure there was already a "things that remind you of Odyssey" thread, but I couldn't find it. If it is actually out there and I missed it in my sleep-deprived delirium, sorry! :anxious:

I listened to "Mandy's Debut" earlier this week, and just a day or two later in the dining commons, one of the girls was going to get ice cream and, when asked which kind she was getting, said something like, "Oh, something spicy like me - vanilla!"

This totally reminded me of Bernard's similar response in that episode! I so wanted to tell everyone at my table about this awesome connection, but unfortunately no one there would've appreciated it :(

Yeah thats cool.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

LizzieG wrote:I so wanted to tell everyone at my table about this awesome connection, but unfortunately no one there would've appreciated it :(

I know, that happens to me all the time. Good thing we have theToO! :D

Wednesday, in my biology class we watched a video and there was an Odyssey voice in it. Immediatly, I started thinking of the characters she played. The only ones that came to mind were Alex's grandma in Reletivly Annoying and the hot dog lady from The Devil Made me do it, so I almost started laughing out loud when I thought of those hot dogs that are a whole foot long, but it was all quiet and stuff so everybody would have thought I was nuts. I contained myself.

Also, our county's district offense attorney is Tom Riley, so I laugh whenever they mention him on the news.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

My church showed a video a few months ago. It's called "The Created Cosmos" or "The Cosmos Created" or something like that. It's about space and the stars and the great distances between the stars. The narrator was Paul Herlinger. Throughout the whole movie, I kept thinking about Odyssey. It sounded just like Whit telling Mandy or some other kid about outer space! I could just image Jared adding his own commentary about aliens hiding behind stars...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

KODY 105 wrote:My church showed a video a few months ago. It's called "The Created Cosmos" or "The Cosmos Created" or something like that. It's about space and the stars and the great distances between the stars. The narrator was Paul Herlinger. Throughout the whole movie, I kept thinking about Odyssey. It sounded just like Whit telling Mandy or some other kid about outer space! I could just image Jared adding his own commentary about aliens hiding behind stars...
:lol: Ya, he does a lot of documentaries, but I've never heard him in one before. Probably, because I don't really watch that many documentaries.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:My church showed a video a few months ago. It's called "The Created Cosmos" or "The Cosmos Created" or something like that. It's about space and the stars and the great distances between the stars. The narrator was Paul Herlinger. Throughout the whole movie, I kept thinking about Odyssey. It sounded just like Whit telling Mandy or some other kid about outer space! I could just image Jared adding his own commentary about aliens hiding behind stars...
:lol: Ya, he does a lot of documentaries, but I've never heard him in one before. Probably, because I don't really watch that many documentaries.
Me, neither. But my church showed it Wednesday night. I run the sound board (or help anyway), so I was responsible that night to get the sound working... I only messed up once or twice.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

That's the video that's played at the Creation Museum...and it was pretty much the only thing I really liked there :anxious:

There's a guy in my youth group who looks exactly like Eugene. His hair completely covers his eyes, and he wears geeky glasses. I would post a picture, but I'm not sure I should do that without his permission. And I'm sure we'd all love to hear that conversation.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I was so sure there was already a "things that remind you of Odyssey" thread, but I couldn't find it.
I think that the blog that you are thinking about is "things that remind you of too". I can't say that much reminds me about this website but a lot of things remind me of Adventures in Odyssey. That is one of the issues that I have: everything in life is like Odyssey for me. Like I'll just be sitting and eating a quiet dinner with my family and all of a sudden out of nowhere I'll just laugh. Now 9 times out of 10 it will be a chuckle over Odyssey and my Dad always knows that it's Odyssey. He'll say something like, "she's laughing over something she heard 2 years 5 months 18 days, 2 hours and 36 minutes ago". Not that I can keep track of time like that but that's not usually the case.

I think that the story that comes to mind for me would be when I was still interning in the M-Group Department at Focus on the Family. I had taught my supervisor the "secret knock". So every time I did the secret knock he would come back with two knocks. It was even more fun when he put a triangle (instrument) in front of his door because then I would use the triangle to make ths secret knock. It was a lot of fun. While I was still there I also got to listen to Odyssey everyday in my cubicle and, of course, out in the middle of nowhere just this huge laugh would come out. My neighbors loved it when I did that. The thing that I loved most was from "Best Face Forward" where Mr. Mark Herring gives Jared DeWhite the impression that when he is not riding his bike accross the country he is relaxing in an air conditioned camper eating fig bars all day!

Sorry I think I might have gotten off topic but when I have another one of those instances where it reminds me of Odyssey I will be sure to post.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

When I was still working in the photo lab at work I had a customer come in who's name was Connie Kendall.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Jonathan wrote:When I was still working in the photo lab at work I had a customer come in who's name was Connie Kendall.
Wow, how uncanny is that! You must've had a good chuckle over that one. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Hope
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

Jonathan wrote:When I was still working in the photo lab at work I had a customer come in who's name was Connie Kendall.
*clears throat* you have never told me that... and the town where Jameson is now living in WI... I cant remember the name.... *nudges Jonathan for help*
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Actually I've told you both.
Trent wrote:
Wow, how uncanny is that! You must've had a good chuckle over that one. ;)
Yep, pretty much made my day ^_^
Hope

Post by Hope »

you have? i dont remember you telling me that...
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

In my Russian Civ class, there are only two other girls in it, and their names are Jessica and Janelle. \:D/ I didn't get the Odyssey connection until this morning, though.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I work at my parent's grocery store, and someone came thru with the last name of "Whittaker"..... I chuckled.... And she asked me why I chuckled. I said, "Have you ever heard AIO?" she had. And then we got to talking about it. It was really neat.

oh, and I know two sisters, Jessica and Janelle
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Today, on my spanish worksheet, there was a girl named Thalia. I've never heard that name before, other than in For the Fun of It.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Just remembered another one--my brother used to work at a tux place, and a guy came in to be fitted whose name was John Whittaker. My brother got such a kick out of it that he called me as soon as the guy left.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

My sister Ashley has this kid story about a frog who dreams he's a boy.When I listened to it,the narrator was Tom.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Just now, my mom asked my dad to go to the store to get milk and eggs for lunch. It made me laugh. :lol:
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I saw a "Two Guys and a Truck" moving company box in someone's garage today. \:D/
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!