"Fireproof" is coming out!

"Fireproof", the movie, is coming out on September 26!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

What do you think of "Fireproof?"

Poll ended at Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:20 pm

I cannot wait!
67%
Have no clue.
17%
Looks boring.
17%

Total votes: 6

LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Other than that it was a Christian movie, I didn't know anything about Fireproof until my parents recommended it to me. A friend of mine and I went to see the movie yesterday, and we both liked it.

I haven't seen Facing the Giants, but I probably will now. Despite a few weak performances and moments, I genuinely enjoyed Fireproof. Kirk Cameron did a great job, and the emotional scenes were especially convincing and moving. I think they did a good job with what they had to work with, but of course most non-Christians probably won't see it that way.
DrummerChick
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by DrummerChick »

I was going to go see it but after only a two fridays it is outof theaters here. Which i hate because i wanted to see it really bad. Now i wil l have to wait until it comes out in the 5 dollor theaters which can take forever.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

DrummerChick wrote:Now i wil l have to wait until it comes out in the 5 dollor theaters which can take forever.
Oh, it is comments like this that make me like living in my isolated mid-sized town, where movies are never more than 5 bucks.

Assuming the dollar theater is still open here (and I don't if it does, or how they make money) I just wait for stuff to start showing in there.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Jonathan wrote:
DrummerChick wrote:Now i wil l have to wait until it comes out in the 5 dollor theaters which can take forever.
Oh, it is comments like this that make me like living in my isolated mid-sized town, where movies are never more than 5 bucks.

Assuming the dollar theater is still open here (and I don't if it does, or how they make money) I just wait for stuff to start showing in there.
The main theater is over 5 bucks here... but not THAT much more... we have a dollar theater as well. A FIVE dollar theater being a discount!? BOO! :x
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

TC wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

The main theater is over 5 bucks here... but not THAT much more... we have a dollar theater as well. A FIVE dollar theater being a discount!? BOO! :x
It's 8 dollars here. You're lucky.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah the main theater is for evening prices here...

But I usually either go earlier or wait for the dollar theater or don't go at all! :x
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I'm so excited. I loved the other ones, and I think that it'll be great. It sounds really cool from what I've heard about it. I hope I can go watch it.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Offtopic, but
Jonathan wrote:

We don't have a dollar theater anymore :( Just read today's paper, and it closed it's doors for good after the final showing last Thursday.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

$5!?!?!?!?! :dumb:

Here in "the richest county in the nation" :roll: (as I'm told I live in) going to any of a dozen movie theaters will set you back $10.50... unless you order online for a midnight showing.. then it's $12.75

Anyway back on topic, I just saw this movie and I must say I was very impressed. I agree with Top in that the acting is so-so and I know the secular medium won't go near it with a ten foot pole (though I'd go see a lot more poorly made movies if they were only $5!!).

Solid Christian movies keep getting better and better... though they are far from acceptable to the public eye. The problem is, Kirk Cameron is the only one willing to even try anymore. There were some other big studios starting to get into the swing of things around the turn of the millenia - especially with the whole Left Behind/eschatology wave - but since then things have sort of died down.

There was a lot to be pleased about with this film but there were still a lot of holes in it from a purely technical and secular point of view. The good thing is, the Gospel WAS clearly demonstrated and that's what's most important. =D>
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

I saw the movie yesterday! \:D/

I'm beginning to think I was born to be a movie director...all I could do was think of what they could have done better, and how this shot should have been this way, and how this scene should be here...and all that. Poor movie, I just picked it all to bits!
I loved the scene where Caleb goes into the burning building to save the girl...sooo suspenseful! I have this habit of chewing my fingernails when I'm nervous or scared...and my fingernails got chewed to bits! :lol:
I would write more, but a window just popped up and said that my computer is going to restart in 3 minutes! NOOO! :mad:
Sweetie
Found

Post by Sweetie »

From the trailer the acting didn't look quite professional except Kirk of course
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around....
dancer5678
Gold Member

Post by dancer5678 »

My parents saw it once and said it was really good. I saw Facing the Giants and now since Fireproof came out I want to see it. My mom said that everyone that she knows that has seen it cried.
Robo
A great mapmaker

Post by Robo »

Fireproof was good! I didn't even want to see it, but I did. I LIKED IT BETTER THAN FACING THE GIANTS!

-Robo
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

We saw it today because our church gave us free tickets! \:D/

The comedy was pretty good at least, I was impressed by that.

Plus other parts were unintentionally funny.

So it was entertaining all around! \:D/
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

There were a few parts that the acting made me chuckle... Okay, more than a few. However, if I look at it from the side of "Well, it's a Christian film" I think it's one of the best they've put out. I'd like to think this has redeemed Kirk Cameron from his Left Behind days. However, I still think Christian films have a long way to go.

But the storyline in Fireproof sort of impressed me. I liked some of the scenes really well. And I liked the witty sense of humor in the film (I.e., salt and pepper shakers at the end, the hot sauce scene, and the weirdo neighbor seeing the fits of rage), they actually amused me. ;)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

The Top Crusader wrote:Plus other parts were unintentionally funny. /
Christian movies are generally good at that. :(
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

LOL yeah that's half the fun.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Admiral wrote:But the storyline in Fireproof sort of impressed me. I liked some of the scenes really well. And I liked the witty sense of humor in the film (I.e., salt and pepper shakers at the end, the hot sauce scene, and the weirdo neighbor seeing the fits of rage), they actually amused me.
I liked those scenes too. The ending was sooo cheesy. But I really liked the movie. Kirk Cameron's the man. :)
I do what I do.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I really want to see it. Looks pretty neat. Kirk Cameron's wife stood in on the kissing scenes because he refused to kiss any woman but his wife.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Follower of Christ
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Follower of Christ »

I think everyone no matter their age should see this movie. Although in the movie it's particularly talking about marriage this movie could also be applied to your realtionship with God.
This movie is written and directed very well. I know that alot of non-Christians have seen it because they didn't knwo what it was about and they took away from it something really valuable.

This movie stayed in our town's main theatres for weeks and several times in a row we tried to see it, but it was sold out. After waiting awhile we finally got to see FIREPROOF.
Jesus is ready for anyone who is ready for him.