ESPN NCAA bracket challenge ToO group

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

ESPN NCAA bracket challenge ToO group

Post by King Butter Turtle »

For those of you entering brackets for ESPN's challenge, I've set up a private group for the ToO. It's called theToO and the password is topcrusader. There is a $1000 prize for the winner and $250 for second place. (ToO dollars that is ;) )
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

I've successfully filled out my bracket for that! \:D/
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I joined. \:D/
I do what I do.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

So, who's in everybody's final four? Do you have any big upsets?

I have Memphis over Louisville and North Carolina over Villanova, then Memphis over North Carolina. I've got Northern Iowa into the sweet 16 and Cornell over MO.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I don't have anything too exciting. I have Louisville, Conn, Pitt, and Oklahoma in the Final Four and Pitt winning it all.

I had to get one 5-12 upset in there so I put Wisconsin over Florida St.... Any other 5-12 upsets. There always seems to be one...
I do what I do.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

King Butter Turtle wrote:So, who's in everybody's final four? Do you have any big upsets?

I have Memphis over Louisville and North Carolina over Villanova, then Memphis over North Carolina. I've got Northern Iowa into the sweet 16 and Cornell over MO.
Woah, I filled out one on this website and I'm not sure how to get it back quite yet, but that looks amazingly like my final four and victories to get there. :huh: Except I have North Carolina over, like, Louisville maybe?

(I'm not doing the ESPN challenge if you didn't already realize that ;) )
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I entered. \:D/ I don't know much about basketball, but I like doing these for fun! O:)
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Evil Chick wrote:I entered. \:D/ I don't know much about basketball, but I like doing these for fun! O:)
lol Yea I didn't pay much attention to the regular season so most of it was Random guessing.. \:D/
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Fang wrote:
Evil Chick wrote:I entered. \:D/ I don't know much about basketball, but I like doing these for fun! O:)
lol Yea I didn't pay much attention to the regular season so most of it was Random guessing.. \:D/
As with me. I asked a lot of friends about what they thought. Oftentimes, those who don't follow college bball will do better than those that followed for the whole season...
I do what I do.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

GlennAdams wrote:
Fang wrote:
As with me. I asked a lot of friends about what they thought. Oftentimes, those who don't follow college bball will do better than those that followed for the whole season...
I actually didn't follow it much this season either. I think JIA's the only one who really knows very much about basketball, but we'll see.

I was kind of expecting a better turnout, didn't we do this last year with superior success. I want to say Taq ran it, but I'm not sure. Anyway, there's still one more day to fill in your brackets for a 20% chance at $1000. Come on people, join in the fun! \:D/

EDIT: If you watch at cbssports.com, there's a "boss button" that links to a fake spreadsheet. :hilarious:
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Yay. I'm at 100% right now. lol. 4 for 4. \:D/

What'd you guys think about maryland's upset. \:D/
I do what I do.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

GlennAdams wrote:Yay. I'm at 100% right now. lol. 4 for 4. \:D/

Now, you're 8 for 8. ;)

Obama picked Maryland! \:D/

Did you guys get to watch it at school? I saw about 15 minutes at the end of 6th and 7th hours and it was also on in the cafeteria and library, but all my teachers turned it off during lessons. :(
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
GlennAdams wrote:Yay. I'm at 100% right now. lol. 4 for 4. \:D/

Now, you're 8 for 8. ;)

Obama picked Maryland! \:D/

Did you guys get to watch it at school? I saw about 15 minutes at the end of 6th and 7th hours and it was also on in the cafeteria and library, but all my teachers turned it off during lessons. :(
Yeah. We didn't even do anything in physics. Also, we had the option to watch it during our lunch period too. \:D/

Nice. I want the $10,000. lol.
I do what I do.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

You mean $1,000? But anyway I filled out a bracket but not on ESPN, so hows that work there?
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

No. I mean $10,000 for winning the whole thing. \:D/
I do what I do.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

GlennAdams wrote:No. I mean $10,000 for winning the whole thing. \:D/
Haha, fat chance. You've already missed 3 games and there's still 17 perfect brackets out there. :D
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Haha, fat chance. You've already missed 3 games and there's still 17 perfect brackets out there. :D
Puh lease, like that's gonna happen. Anyways it's only 1st round. The final four is where it gets interesting. \:D/
I do what I do.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

GlennAdams wrote:
Puh lease, like that's gonna happen. Anyways it's only 1st round. The final four is where it gets interesting. \:D/
Pretty much everywhere after first round, with increasing intesity. \:D/
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

King Butter Turtle wrote:I was kind of expecting a better turnout, didn't we do this last year with superior success. I want to say Taq ran it, but I'm not sure.
Nope, it wasn't me.

I watched a March Madness game last Saturday. Maryland beat Cal earlier in the week, but was sadly overmatched by Memphis.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Taq wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:I was kind of expecting a better turnout, didn't we do this last year with superior success. I want to say Taq ran it, but I'm not sure.
Nope, it wasn't me.

I watched a March Madness game last Saturday. Maryland beat Cal earlier in the week, but was sadly overmatched by Memphis.
I ran the competition last year, but only a few people signed up. :p

My pick set on ESPN is doing horribly. Too bad I didn't put my Yahoo picks into my ESPN bracket. XD