The Town of Odyssey Turns Four!

And the members still crave more!

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
The Town of Odyssey Turns Four!

Post by Catspaw »

Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that the ToO has offically turned four! \:D/

When Shadowpaw debuted this wonderful board that he created four years ago, I'm sure he never expected it to still be so popular and growing four years later! (Well, maybe he did, but the rest of us would have said he was crazy!) ;) It's wonderful to see that there are still so many loyal ToOers, both those who joined four years ago today and the many more who have joined since then.

The statistics below prove that there are a lot of dedicated ToOers who love to post! \:D/

Number of posts: 665392
Posts per day: 455.46
Number of topics: 19997
Topics per day: 13.69
Number of users: 1270

Thanks to Dan for providing a special anniversary surprise! Click here to see the thread that has all the stages leading up to the glorious anniversary finale! \:D/

Another special anniversary treat involves thoughts from a few members who agreed to either write out or record their thoughts about the ToO! :D

Kairi wrote the following lovely message:
Kairi wrote:As the ToO celebrates its 4th anniversary, I'd like to share some memories of my time here on the Town of Odyssey. When I first encountered the ToO, I was actually a bit cautious (and for good reason, one look at the current story arc and I was confused for life ;))! I joined just in time for the Regis Blackgaard story arc, in which I happily participated. A few months after the story arc ended, I began to delve into the world of role-playing and became a Doyle. Although the clan is mostly inactive now, I have fun memories of role-playing (and learning the art of role-playing) with my fellow "family members." Participating in the political process here on the ToO has been an enlightening experience. I've met many friends on the ToO, and I hope I will be able to keep. I don't think that I will ever forget the ToO when I grow up. This has been a place where I have learned important life lessons. So, as the ToO enters what should be another year of randomness, AIO discussion, and insanity, I wish the Town of Odyssey a happy 4th birthday! \:D/
There are also splendiferous recorded messages from Sonuna, Regis Blackbeard/Troy Bolton, The Top Crusader, myself, and, oddly enough, Rodney Rathbone! :shock: Click on the name for the listening link. Thanks to Trent to helping me out with the links - he is more than kind to my poor dial-up ridden self! For those of you eager beavers who are viewing this message right away, my link will be available shortly, and a few more might be on their way throughout the day.

This thread is a great place to post your own thoughts on the ToO, such as favourite memories, people you wish were still around, people you're glad to have around, or anything else! :D If anybody would like to record their own anniversary message and post the link, that would be wonderful! Just a reminder to check with your parents first, since some parents might not want their child's voice broadcasted across the internet. :)

Thanks to all for being part of the ToO's special day! :D Enjoy the fun things that will be happening throughout the day! \:D/
Last edited by Catspaw on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Woohoo! Congratulations to everyone on ToO!
:thewave:

Good job on the present, Dan! I like the way you used the ToO emoticons in the crowd! \:D/
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

OoT for the ToO! \:D/ May it last for many more years and build up many more friendships and memories than it already has!

Nice job, Dan. =D> But now I'm craving cake...
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I feel so old! :mecry:

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

FROM WHEN THE WEBSITE WAS STARTED TO INTO THE FUTURE

ZOMG SONUNA. :highfive:

[/flail]

Anyway. It's great that I get to be around on the fourth anniversary of this prodigious website. This November I'll have been around for FOUR YEARS. And really, that's such a terribly long time.

Some of you users have seen me grow up a bit, and others have grown up more visibly. Either way, you're all splendiferous people and should continue in l33tness from now on evermore. From when the website was started to into the future.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Happy Anniversary! I have greatly enjoyed all my time on this board, 4 more years, 4 more years! \:D/
Scientific progress goes BOINK!
Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Four years. Perhaps we should have a special subforum built for this momentous occasion!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Huzzah! And I am but a n00b yet! \:D/
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Happy Birthday to the ToO! \:D/

And I hope we have many more. :D And thank you to all the amazing people who made the ToO possible. :yes:

btw Amy, I'm making cupcakes right now. ;)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Sad to say, I completely forgot this was today.

Happy Birthday ToO!
Tim Peterson
Pilgrim

Post by Tim Peterson »

Jonathan wrote:Sad to say, I completely forgot this was today.
Finally, someone's on the ball. This isn't the real birthday; it's an April Fool's joke! :lol:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Hmm, I just realized that this is only my first ToO birthday. I joined right after the last one. :(

Ah well, Happy Birthday ToO. \:D/
Donna Blackbeard
Wasting money here
Wasting money here

Post by Donna Blackbeard »

I have been a member since may of last year!

Happy Birthday ToO!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Feliz cumpleanos, ToO! Y muchos mas! \:D/
Happy birthday, ToO. And many more!
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I edited my original post to include the link (click here) to my anniversary message - sorry about the delay!

It's great to see both older and newer members posting for the anniversary. :D

*glares at Jonathan for almost forgetting* :x
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Happy birthday to the ToO.
Happy birthday to the ToO.
Happy birthday Town of Odyssey.
Happy Birthday to the ToO.

Yay! :blow: Wow, it seems like just yesterday I found this place. It's hard to believe it's been over a year. It's been a lot of fun! :D
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

:king: <--- The ToO
:worship: <--- LizzieG

Happy birthday, Town of Odyssey! \:D/ It's been a pleasure knowing you for the last three years!

Haha, loved the recordings! I think that was my first time hearing Top's voice (:eek:), and Catspaw, I was very disappointed when you talked about the future of the ToO without saying "the best is yet to come"! :x

I recorded a little ditty (except not) in honor of the occasion. It's in yousendit form (the only way I could figure out how to post it myself), so if you'd rather not download it... :shrugs: Enjoy!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Tim Peterson wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Sad to say, I completely forgot this was today.
Finally, someone's on the ball. This isn't the real birthday; it's an April Fool's joke! :lol:
He may be right... :-k
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

Yay ToO!!! I've been a member here for almost a year now, and it's been an amazing year!

I love the Town of Odyssey!!

:D

<3<3<3
BBB
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Happy Birthday ToO! I was gonna say something but couldn't figure out how to send it. :(

Wow, my baby's growing up. ;)
I do what I do.