I'm reading...

Postby LizzieG » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:31 pm

I'm being really ambitious and trying to read all of the Anne of Green Gables books and all of the Narnia books before next Monday. :anxious:
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
LizzieG

Honourary Canadian!

 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:20 am
Location: California
Age: 30
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 39.64
Bank: 660.73

Postby Sapphire » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:11 am

I am reading a book by Bevery Lewis called The Covenant.
Image
A Beautiful Gem
User avatar
Sapphire

"I'm a work in progress, and progress hurts." - Anna Akana

 
Posts: 6447
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:34 am
Location: Earth
Age: 22
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 32.78
Bank: 1,335.00

Postby LizzieG » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:18 am

LizzieG wrote:I'm being really ambitious and trying to read all of the Anne of Green Gables books and all of the Narnia books before next Monday. :anxious:

Yeah. Definitely didn't work. I only read one Narnia book and 2.something Anne books. But it's the thought that counted! \:D/
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
LizzieG

Honourary Canadian!

 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:20 am
Location: California
Age: 30
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 39.64
Bank: 660.73

Postby Ben Linus » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:32 pm

I finished a biography of Thomas Jackson today, and will be starting a book about the Bataan Death March later. I'd tryin' to get through my war book collection. :D
Image
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
Ben Linus

One aquainted with the Night

 
Posts: 3106
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: "Forgiven and Loved"
Age: 23
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 1.42
Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Anna><> » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:03 pm

I'm reading a book called Veiled Freedom... It hasn't gotten exciting though.
I post like Shadowpaw
User avatar
Anna><>

nathanf... <3

 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am
Age: 25
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 16.60
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Shennifer » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:56 pm

I'm reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone-when everything was fun and simple. It's nice to go back to the beginning book and read where it all started.
Random sister
Random sister
User avatar
Shennifer

figuring out life: one dream at a time

 
Posts: 5785
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:19 pm
Location: norcal
Age: 28
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 1,369.33
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby Catspaw » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:11 pm

I started "The Trouble with Tulip" by Mindy Starns Clark the other day. So far I'm not loving it, but it's okay, and a friend told me that she loved it, so I'll keep reading! \:D/ It's rare that I don't finish a book I start, even if it isn't that great, and hopefully I'll get more into the book soon!
Image
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
User avatar
Catspaw

 
Posts: 28238
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Canada
Age: 33
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 6,255.43
Bank: 1,958.31

Postby Trent DeWhite » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Catspaw, you have much greater mental fortitude than I'll ever have. \:D/ If I'm not enjoying a book, I'll just put it away and forget about it - certainly helped me get through university a lot quicker. :noway:
Former Mayor
User avatar
Trent DeWhite
 
Posts: 11660
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:21 pm
Location: Canada
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 55.12
Bank: 962.00

Postby Catspaw » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:31 pm

*takes a quick screenshot before the proof disappears* Thanks, Trent! \:D/ There have been a few books I've abandoned, but they are few and far between. Obviously school falls under it's own category...if I read every single word of every textbook over the last six years (or more, going back to high school), my life would have been a lot more bothersome. ;)
Image
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
User avatar
Catspaw

 
Posts: 28238
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Canada
Age: 33
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 6,255.43
Bank: 1,958.31

Postby Sapphire » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:55 am

I am reading The Pilgrim Song by Gilbert Morris. I think by now you can figure out my favorite authors. ;)
Image
A Beautiful Gem
User avatar
Sapphire

"I'm a work in progress, and progress hurts." - Anna Akana

 
Posts: 6447
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:34 am
Location: Earth
Age: 22
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 32.78
Bank: 1,335.00

Postby Taq » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:31 pm

LizzieG wrote:
LizzieG wrote:I'm being really ambitious and trying to read all of the Anne of Green Gables books and all of the Narnia books before next Monday. :anxious:

Yeah. Definitely didn't work. I only read one Narnia book and 2.something Anne books. But it's the thought that counted! \:D/

Huzzah for quoting yourself! ;)

I finished Blue Like Jazz this week. It was okay - some good thoughts, some bizarre features including two illustrated stories to make points. Donald Miller writes nonreligious thoughts on Christian spirituality with such honesty. Even though he dwells on certain points like the faults of the Christian community, his book got me thinking.

Now I'm reading our very own book of the month, When Heaven Weeps by Ted Dekker. I'm also catching a chapter here and there of More Than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell; it's very similar to The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel.
I post like Shadowpaw
User avatar
Taq
 
Posts: 2848
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:30 pm

Cash on hand: 45.68
Bank: 8.85

Postby Ben Linus » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:30 pm

Brothers in Battle, Best of Friends by Bill Guargne (Spelled that wrong...) and Bob Heffron. It's good, but I've read better.
Image
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
Ben Linus

One aquainted with the Night

 
Posts: 3106
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: "Forgiven and Loved"
Age: 23
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 1.42
Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Sapphire » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:30 am

I was reading The Betrayal by Beverly Lewis, but I forgot to post that. :anxious: I am now reading Ther Virtuous Woman by Gilbert Morris. \:D/
Image
A Beautiful Gem
User avatar
Sapphire

"I'm a work in progress, and progress hurts." - Anna Akana

 
Posts: 6447
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:34 am
Location: Earth
Age: 22
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 32.78
Bank: 1,335.00

Postby Catspaw » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:41 pm

This afternoon I started reading "Wiser Than Serpents" by Susan May Warren. It's super good! It's part of her Mission: Russia series. It's best if you've read "In Sheep's Clothing" and "Sands of Time" first, since the characters and their relationships definitely make appearances. I actually read the second one first, before I even realized that there was another book connected to it. You can read them separately, but I would recommend reading them in order, and reading them all. This one is extremely good so far, and definitely living up to the tagline on the cover labeling it a thriller! :mad:
Image
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
User avatar
Catspaw

 
Posts: 28238
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Canada
Age: 33
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 6,255.43
Bank: 1,958.31

Postby Laura Ingalls » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:22 am

I'm reading Exposed by Brandilyn Collins. I'm trying to only read it during the day, or else I get really jumpy. O:)
“Home is the nicest word there is.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Half Pint
Half Pint
User avatar
Laura Ingalls

Happily married to Almanzo

 
Posts: 11336
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:13 pm
Location: Suburbia
Age: 32
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 425.12
Bank: 80.45

Postby StrongNChrist » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:22 pm

I'm reading Robin Hobb's book Royal Assassin
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Image
A Silent Prayer Warrior
User avatar
StrongNChrist

Counterespionage for the Anti-Randoms

 
Posts: 9122
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:48 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Unknown
Age: 26
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 0.00
Bank: 0.00

Postby JesusFreak777 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:03 pm

Sun wrote:This afternoon I started reading "Wiser Than Serpents" by Susan May Warren. It's super good! It's part of her Mission: Russia series. It's best if you've read "In Sheep's Clothing" and "Sands of Time" first, since the characters and their relationships definitely make appearances. I actually read the second one first, before I even realized that there was another book connected to it. You can read them separately, but I would recommend reading them in order, and reading them all. This one is extremely good so far, and definitely living up to the tagline on the cover labeling it a thriller! :mad:


The third was by far my fav in the series! I read that right when Taken came out in theaters and it was a little weird how all of a sudden there was this push of information into my brain on human trafficking - def gave me a lotto think and pray about. :)

I just finished Jimmy by Robert Whitlow, and am now reading BoneMan's Daughter by Ted Dekker. Loved Jimmy and it made me almost cry!
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
JesusFreak777

figuring everything out - YAY

 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:44 am
Location: In the arms of my Father
Age: 32
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 67.18
Bank: 578.00

Postby Catspaw » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:13 pm

JesusFreak777 wrote:
Sun wrote:This afternoon I started reading "Wiser Than Serpents" by Susan May Warren. It's super good! It's part of her Mission: Russia series. It's best if you've read "In Sheep's Clothing" and "Sands of Time" first, since the characters and their relationships definitely make appearances. I actually read the second one first, before I even realized that there was another book connected to it. You can read them separately, but I would recommend reading them in order, and reading them all. This one is extremely good so far, and definitely living up to the tagline on the cover labeling it a thriller! :mad:


The third was by far my fav in the series! I read that right when Taken came out in theaters and it was a little weird how all of a sudden there was this push of information into my brain on human trafficking - def gave me a lotto think and pray about. :)

After finishing it, I think that it was my favourite as well. Some of it was just knowing all the characters better. By the third book you have 6 characters that you know really well and care about. It was very intriguing and eye-opening as well. The long-postponed romance was quite touching. :sniff: I really enjoyed that aspect of the story, as well as continuing to see the previously developed relationships advance.

I'm reading "Wings of an Angel," the first book in Sigmund Brouwer's Winds of Light series (6 books were basically compiled into the one complete story in the novel "Wings of Dawn," if anybody is looking for this awesome book/series!) \:D/ I haven't read this series in a while, and I'm really looking forward to all the fun that awaits me. \:D/
Image
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
User avatar
Catspaw

 
Posts: 28238
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Canada
Age: 33
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 6,255.43
Bank: 1,958.31

Postby Sapphire » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:01 pm

I am reading The Reckoning.
Image
A Beautiful Gem
User avatar
Sapphire

"I'm a work in progress, and progress hurts." - Anna Akana

 
Posts: 6447
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:34 am
Location: Earth
Age: 22
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 32.78
Bank: 1,335.00

Postby Termite » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:14 pm

*bump*

I just had to psot to say that I'm reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. I'm in the middle of the third part, and am liking it immensely. \:D/ Next it's The Divine Comedy. :yes:
Image
Love you always, SnC
"Satan can't take your joy unless he disturbs your sense of right-standing with God." -Roy H Hicks
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
"Stop boring me and think. It's the new sexy." -Sherlock
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance
User avatar
Termite

was eaten by a dinosaur.

 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:34 pm
Location: *running from Tate Realtors*

Cash on hand: 296.24
Bank: 1,599.64
Blog: View Blog (4)

PreviousNext

Return to Summer Reading Contest

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron