Post a picture of your desktop!

Round 2

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Sonuna. You named your laptop/computer?
don't forget the rain.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Well, they need network IDs, and I have an enthusiasm for naming common household devices anyway.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Hah. That's great. Have you named your toaster yet? =O
don't forget the rain.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

No, but that's because I don't use it very often. I would name our printer but it needs a name in the Black Speech, being sufficiently evil.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Sonuna, your desktop wallpaper is most excellent - that wouldn't happen to be a product of Pixelgirl's website, would it?

And in defense of inanimate-object naming schemas, I do name hard drives. For ease of memory, the laptop below is dubbed "Laurent" and the desktop shares "Rozencranz", "Gildenstern", "Mortimer Adler" and "Colin McGinn." Finally, the iPod, not visible in below screenshot, is dubbed "Yvgeny Onegin".

Currently a bit of a Poe-theme:

jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

As you can see, I LOVE musical theater. There are a ton more shows that I could have put, but I ran out of room. :( Anyway, enjoy my theaterness. \:D/

Oh, and here is the actual original pic I created for it for those of you who want to see it:

Last edited by jasonjannajerryjohn on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Mrs. Phillips wrote:Sonuna, your desktop wallpaper is most excellent - that wouldn't happen to be a product of Pixelgirl's website, would it?
To be honest I don't really know; it's something from the depths of 'misc. img', a folder approximately as large as the Marianas Trench and as disorganized as your typical hurricane.

Malcolm:

Dolores:

(...well, I think it's funny)

And soon, Dolores will have dual monitors too. So you will get three exciting desktop screenshots at once, and one will probably be Linux! Isn't that wonderful?
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

Meet Tate's desktop.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

...I hate marquees.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

How does one post a picture of their laptop? :p
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

I clicked it, but OpenDNS says that it contains nudity! :shock:
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

They're probably just blocking DA because there is some on the site. DA does a really good job at blocking it themselves though, I'm surprised they would have it blocked. No, my link does not contain nudity, in case you were wondering. ;)
...I hate marquees.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

J-man wrote:They're probably just blocking DA because there is some on the site. DA does a really good job at blocking it themselves though, I'm surprised they would have it blocked. No, my link does not contain nudity, in case you were wondering. ;)
I think what you said here might be important, but I have already vowed never to read your posts again because you might be a bad influence. :(

I wonder if there's a way to unblock websites... :P
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Sonuna wrote:To be honest I don't really know; it's something from the depths of 'misc. img', a folder approximately as large as the Marianas Trench and as disorganized as your typical hurricane.
No worries. It just gave off that certain... je ne sais quoi that one might associate with that site.

More desktop stuff:

EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Win.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

That's not a win :noway:

It's just cool. \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

You know what else isn't a win....you. :(

;)
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Well you're an epic fail! :x
Ryder
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Ryder »

Well, this is my desktop.

Many thanks to her awesome Snubness for the super cool sig and avatar \:D/!
HEAR YE, HEAR YE! Our sixth football pool is now underway!!! Play it! PLAY IT NOW!!
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I'm going with the totally clear desktop right now; everything hidden. \:D/