$ from the Sky: A tale of God's provision to Jenn

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

$ from the Sky: A tale of God's provision to Jenn

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

It's a silly thing to want really, and granted, a fairly silly thing to pray for. But since when doesn't God care about the silly things I care about? I got a FB invite to the Evergreen Leadership Conference, a conservative conference this Saturday. I really wanted to go, I don't know why. I just thought it would be really neat and there are cool speakers and chances to meet with other young conservatives.

So I wanted to go, but it cost $115 (that's the student/young adult rate). $115 I didn't have. So I talked to my mom about it. She thought it'd be fun too. She said "Pray about it." And I said, "Well, I can earn that much money in one week" (of this part time job I've been doing). She said, "No, pray for that much extra to just appear!" And indicated that if God wanted me to go, He'd provide it. :pray:

I couldn't argue with the logic...and it'd be an obvious way to see his will made known. So I did. And she did. And the women at our Bible study did. Days roll on by...nothing. I get a FB e-mail from the group about the conference suggesting registering very soon (spots filling up). Another day or two passes.

Then today rolls around and I drive up and check the mail at about 10ish pm. Digging through the pile of magazines and netflix, I come to a long white envelope with my name, address, and a stamp on it. Nothing else, no other names. I rip it open and pull out a piece of folded white paper (at this point, I'm already pretty much crying). From that 8x11 folded sheet of paper, I pull a check for $200. It's a money order check, issued from Fred Meyer (?), "Pay to the order of Jennifer _____", no other identification, no names...

Then I really started crying... God never ceases to amaze me. But this was huge.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, that's wonderful, Jennifer! What a great story of God's provision. God is good. Enjoy the conference this Saturday, and be sure to tell more people your story! :)
Guess Who!
I'm memorable

Post by Guess Who! »

hmph, I was hoping for a story raining dollar bills! Here it is just mailed money :noway:

lol, but anyway, glad you'll be able to go, hope you enjoy it as much as you think you will!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

Mailed money from no where! :p The resident atheist on my FB gave me a laundry list of all the ways I could check to see where it came from and how it actually came to me totally randomly, etc :p
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Wow, just wow. I'm in the middle of watching Faith Like Potatoes, and the movie is pretty similar to your story, in a way. God is amazing beyond words, and I'm so glad that He showed His power through this! Praise Him! And it's awesome that you get to go; have a great time! :D
Last edited by American Eagle on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jennifer Doyle wrote:Mailed money from no where! :p The resident atheist on my FB gave me a laundry list of all the ways I could check to see where it came from and how it actually came to me totally randomly, etc :p
For some reason that reminds me of MacPhee from That Hideous Strength. :lol: