Runescape

Witnessing

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Runescape

Post by Fang-wa »

Runescape, although not the best MMORPG out there, is a great place to witness for Christ. All you have to do is make/get the items you would normally sell and give them away to people, making sure to say "God bless" or "God loves you" or something passing like that. Or you could start a bigger conversation by saying all the things you could normally say when witnessing, asking what they think is after death, etc.
And it's awesome because it's like witnessing in real life where you (your character) walks around in a (virtual) world witnessing to people he meets along the way.

Does anyone think this is a good idea?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Woah... that truly is crazy. But crazy for Christ is wonderful! \:D/ (If done right, I think it's a great idea.)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Have you actually done this or is it hypothetical? :-k
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

SivartM wrote:Have you actually done this or is it hypothetical? :-k
I have actually done this. Mostly in boring times of skill-making when I asked what they believed and a debate started, but yeah. :-
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

hmmm, I haven't joined runescape.....yet, but this sounds like a neat idea, I have heard about it though, but I may decide to join...
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

I'm not on much these days, but you're welcome to check it out all you like! :)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Um, can I have the website?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Certainly, here you go: www.RuneScape.com
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

MITCHnTRENT wrote:Um, can I have the website?
or, if you'd like the flashier graphics: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=runescape
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Well, it's cool, but everytime I do it, I get a google search for runescape...
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

](*,) Fwa, as well-meaning as it is, people don't go on Runescape to be Bible-thumped. If you want to minister to people, try making friends with your fellow players, and show them through your actions how you're different. People prefer a caring friend over an over-bearing wannabe preacher.
Eugene Meltsner Fan
Gold Member

Post by Eugene Meltsner Fan »

I used to play that game but, now I am not into it at all. I think it is a very neat idea to witness Christ. Especially on an MMORPG!
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Amethystic wrote:](*,) Fwa, as well-meaning as it is, people don't go on Runescape to be Bible-thumped. If you want to minister to people, try making friends with your fellow players, and show them through your actions how you're different. People prefer a caring friend over an over-bearing wannabe preacher.
I agree with all that you said. I mean I'm catholic but I also get annoyed when around my college campus some guy out of no where says to people that if you don't believe in God that your going to die and burn in hell. If I put myself in those peoples situation, I would not want to listen to him, think he's a lunatic, or sock him in the face (I wouldn't, but I know a couple of people who will). But real honesty the best way to spread the Christianity religion is to live your life normally, be a good friend and be a good sport.

Well then again I probably won't know much since i haven't played on a MMORPG since like forever.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

There's nothing wrong with adding "God bless" or "what do you believe" into conversations and if the people want to continue the conversation then it's cool. It's not Bible-thumping. That would be if they didn't want to talk about it and you kept pressing them to talk about it. And I doubt Ninja goes around saying "You're going to die and burn in hell! Mwahahahahahaha!" ;)
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

She's not saying that's what's wrong, she was talking about his comment about striking up a real witnessing conversation, I believe.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

StrongNChrist wrote:There's nothing wrong with adding "God bless" or "what do you believe" into conversations and if the people want to continue the conversation then it's cool. It's not Bible-thumping. That would be if they didn't want to talk about it and you kept pressing them to talk about it. And I doubt Ninja goes around saying "You're going to die and burn in hell! Mwahahahahahaha!" ;)
LOL

Well if this was referring to me, I was actually talking about in general on how to bring in religion/christianity into a conversation and how not to accidentally bible thump on a person.

But of course I had not played a MMORPG in like forever, so probably the interwebz is different from real life.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith