Advice with snubs

Have something you'd like to sell? Want to purchase user created goods? This stretch of road is where all the merchants set up shop!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Advice with snubs

Post by snubs »

Welcome! Here, you can ask for advice! And I will do my very best to give you that advice!

How does it work?
Well, if you need some advice or input on something you ask me.

Big or small…?
It doesn’t matter the problem, big or small, you can come to me. Maybe you want advice on buying a new necklace, or something that is related to this site. Or maybe you just need some advice on friendship, or witnessing to someone. It doesn’t matter what it is, if you need some input/advice then come on in, and talk to me! Oh, and if you don’t want other people to see what you are asking about, then you may PM me if you wish.

Price:
All I ask is $0.05. for every question you ask (but if you ask lets say.. three questions in one post, it is still only $0.05. ;)) If you would like to give me more, feel free. \:D/ But please do not feel obligated to do so. All I ask is $0.05.

Warnings:
Do not ask advice you know the answer to. All that does is waste my time and yours. Do not ask anything inappropriate. I want this thread/shop to stay clean and friendly.

NOTE: I will do my best on giving you advice, but I cannot guarantee that it will always meet your standards of what you want to hear. The reason I made this shop is one, I want to help people (I’m serious) to the best of my abilities. And two, I thought it would help me with situations in my personal life. That way I can be somewhat prepared on what to say if someone were to ask…well… advice. ;)
Last edited by snubs on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

How do you make sigs? What program I mean?
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Does this belong in Crestwood Avenue? Hmm...unless it's advice about sigs and avatars only?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:How do you make sigs? What program I mean?
That is not really advice. I mean, that is something you should as in my "Ask snubs" thread. But I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 7
Marvin D. wrote:Does this belong in Crestwood Avenue? Hmm...unless it's advice about sigs and avatars only?
Well, Marvin, if you are charging money then it is a shop, and I belongs in Crestwood Avenue. But I am thinking it should be moved. :-k
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Marvin D. wrote:Does this belong in Crestwood Avenue? Hmm...unless it's advice about sigs and avatars only?
If it needs to be moved a mod/admin will take care of it.

Edit: No need to worry

Moontide

Post by Moontide »

Can if be a hypothetical question?
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Moontide wrote:Can if be a hypothetical question?
Sure, of course.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

OK! What if somebody told you a secret, and it was bad? Would you tell somebody or keep it a secret?

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Marvin D. wrote:OK! What if somebody told you a secret, and it was bad? Would you tell somebody or keep it a secret?
Well, Marvin, it depends on what the secret is. If it was something that could hurt them (or someone else), then I would have to tell someone that could help them. For the good of that person, even if it means losing a friend. Because if you really care about them then you would do what is best for them. And if that person was a true friend they would understand.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

More friend questions:
If somebody deeply hurt you/back-talked you, what would you do?
If your friend was gay, would you stop being friends?
Is it OK to be popular? Why?

snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

These are very good questions, Marvin D.
Marvin D. wrote:More friend questions:
If somebody deeply hurt you/back-talked you, what would you do?
If someone were to hurt me, then I would have to think if it is really worth confronting the person. But lets say I did confront him. I should stay calm as I tell this person what hurt me. Because you never know, he may not of even known he hurt me. If the person talked back then I would try to stay calm as well. Fighting fire with fire doesn't work very well. #-o
Marvin D. wrote:If your friend was gay, would you stop being friends?
No, I would still be friends. But I would not be close friends. Because if someone is gay then they are probably not a Christian. (And we shouldn't be making close relationships with non-Christians.) Because they will do more harm than good. "Make no friendship with an angry man, and with a furious man do not go, lest you learn his ways and set a snare for your soul." (Proverbs 22:24-25) I would try to help this person, and show them what the Bible says and lead this person to Christ.
Marvin D. wrote:Is it OK to be popular? Why?
I would say it is. But you have to be careful. "A man who has friends may come to ruin . . ." (Proverbs 18:24) You could grow very stuck up and push yourself away from people who are not popular. And the Bible tells us that we are all equal though Jesus' eyes.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

What would you say to someone who feels like they're falling apart and nothing can save them?
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

StrongNChrist wrote:What would you say to someone who feels like they're falling apart and nothing can save them?
I would say there is indeed someone who can save them. And that is Jesus Christ. And He will never let you down or fall apart. He is always there to catch you, you just have to trust him. Then, I would show the person some Bible verses. But I can't get them right now.
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

If someone with very bad hair-style asks one "how does it look?". What should one do?
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Moontide wrote:If someone with very bad hair-style asks one "how does it look?". What should one do?
Well, I would try and tell them gently that I don't think it is quite their style. Or I would say, "I personally don't prefer it, but if you like, who cares?"

...but sometimes it could be best not to say anything. Unless you think it'll save them from embarrassment later.

I am now charging.

Price:
All I ask is $0.05. for every question you ask (but if you ask lets say.. three questions in one post, it is still only $0.05. ;)) If you would like to give me more, feel free. \:D/ But please do not feel obligated to do so. All I ask is $0.05.
Last edited by snubs on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

What is a great way to make some new friends?
*insert provocative quote here*
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

snubs wrote:
Marvin D. wrote:OK! What if somebody told you a secret, and it was bad? Would you tell somebody or keep it a secret?
Well, Marvin, it depends on what the secret is. If it was something that could hurt them (or someone else), then I would have to tell someone that could help them. For the good of that person, even if it means losing a friend. Because if you really care about them then you would do what is best for them. And if that person was a true friend they would understand.
A Mr. Whittaker answer if I ever heard it... :hilarious:

Sorry, that just really cracked me up. I could just picture Whit saying "Well, Marvin..."
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:What is a great way to make some new friends?
Well, first of all, hon, you need to make sure you are putting yourself out there. Meaning, introducing yourself, and going to activities that involve people your age. I mean, you certainly don't want to just wait around for someone to come to you. If everyone did that, no one would have ANY friends! :shock:

Once you find someone you like, keep going up to them and talking to them. Like asking questions about them. Then, pretty soon that person will come to you, and ask you questions. \:D/ That is, if that person finds a connection between you both. But down get discouraged if it doesn't work out the first time around... or even the second. Just keep being friendly and they'll come around. ;)

But one thing to remember, all you need to do, is be a friend to everyone. Friendship is something you give, not get.

Did that fulfill your question?

-snubs

Smaug the dragon wrote:
snubs wrote:
A Mr. Whittaker answer if I ever heard it... :hilarious:

Sorry, that just really cracked me up. I could just picture Whit saying "Well, Marvin..."
It is kinda funny. :lol: And I will take that as a compliment . ;)
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:
snubs wrote:
IDANCE4JESUS wrote:What is a great way to make some new friends?
Well, first of all, hon, you need to make sure you are putting yourself out there. Meaning, introducing yourself, and going to activities that involve people your age. I mean, you certainly don't want to just wait around for someone to come to you. If everyone did that, no one would have ANY friends! :shock:

Once you find someone you like, keep going up to them and talking to them. Like asking questions about them. Then, pretty soon that person will come to you, and ask you questions. \:D/ That is, if that person finds a connection between you both. But down get discouraged if it doesn't work out the first time around... or even the second. Just keep being friendly and they'll come around. ;)

But one thing to remember, all you need to do, is be a friend to everyone. Friendship is something you give, not get.

Did that fulfill your question?

-snubs
Yes, thanks. It's not that I need more friends, it's just that I would like to meet some new people & be able to become their friend if they were interested in me enough!!

qoute tags fixed - SnC
*insert provocative quote here*
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

How can you disagree with someone with out arguing?