Some Kind of Love

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
CookieMonster
Me want cookies
Me want cookies
Location: Attempting to be like the mind of Jack Alan and Jesus Christ

Some Kind of Love

Post by CookieMonster »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What kind of love does the father give to us?

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

That's the kind of love that the father has for us. He has given us his all, his 1 and only son. He has voluntarily handed to us the keys to the gates of heaven and hell once we accept the keys to heaven there's NO turning back...And while we live here we always can accept the keys to hell but then if we forsake it all and follow Jesus he will hand us the keys to heaven...

Which is why he spoke the parable of two servants, one owed much to a king and one owed little, they were both brought before the king and both of them had their debts completely canceled.
And when he had finished speaking he aked the crowd this question "Which one of the servants would have been the most greatful?" And of course they answered and said the one who was forgiven more.

He then told them that kingdom of heaven was this way as well those who where most likely to enter into it were the ones who had been most forgiven.

"Some kind of Some Kind of Love Love that makes us in his image"

Jesus loves you more then you could ever know and he's reaching out to you today to take his free gift, so the question is now what will you do??

"We live we love we forgive and we never give up, because the days we are given are gifts from above, so today we remember to live and to live"

I'm Connie Ks'. Online Cookie Monster :)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Well said, CookieMonster! :) Thanks for sharing.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

That was quite well said.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
CookieMonster
Me want cookies
Me want cookies
Location: Attempting to be like the mind of Jack Alan and Jesus Christ

Post by CookieMonster »

Thank You AE and tigerintheshadows... I really do pray that my generation will succeed in this...

I'm Connie Ks'. Online Cookie Monster :)